RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Eastwood Jaunty

Riccarton Park this Saturday

Any 'Cafers going along on the day ?

Omen bet Russian Fable Race 2

The Cubemeister hasn't been allowed to go to a racetrack in yonksville so may pop along for a sly one....

Also The Cubinator likes this time of year when one can kinda back a Ruccarton race and then a Hawkes' Bay race and then a Canterbury race and then a Hastings race and then a......someone with School Cert Maths back in the day got the secret of the good joke....

12 Race card looks like a long day even for the best

Happy Punting All

Cubes will be in the Grand National Stand from Race 3 onwards for any 'Cafers fancying a cold one....

17 hours ago, Cubes said:

Any 'Cafers going along on the day ?

Omen bet Russian Fable Race 2

The Cubemeister hasn't been allowed to go to a racetrack in yonksville so may pop along for a sly one....

Also The Cubinator likes this time of year when one can kinda back a Ruccarton race and then a Hawkes' Bay race and then a Canterbury race and then a Hastings race and then a......someone with School Cert Maths back in the day got the secret of the good joke....

12 Race card looks like a long day even for the best

Happy Punting All

Cubes will be in the Grand National Stand from Race 3 onwards for any 'Cafers fancying a cold one....

I could possibly be convinced to grab a beer mate. Big days racing as you say and Cup Week looming large

Be a tough day on the punt for sure, big fields and bound to be an upset or two. However, laphroaig and Zurafaa appeal and Panzer in race 11. One could end up with egg on face for having a go, but surely someone else has a fancy, what about you Eastwood?🙄

Thanks all, for both the constructive comments and the amusing ones!  

I was around the horses below (my rated prices in brackets).  Note that two of the senior SI hoops, Johnson and Laking, are both suspended., and some apprentices injured (Sanu Toolooa, Wesley Papier), so many horses have changes of jockey - Pitman stable has Meghan Gastain on three of their better chances (only had two raceday rides before today, I believe in amateur races) and Savish Khetoo is riding some Parsons horses that CWJ might normally have been on.  

1/ Laphroaig to win ($4.00) with C Grylls up;

2/ Russian Fable to win ($3.60)  

4/ Belindabella place ($3.5) /Iffida place ($3.5, it won this day last year same grade/distance);

5/ will probably lay both Marine and B le Rouge to win.  Cant understand how Marine has come up $2 on the back of a Timaru maiden win, but I'm frequently wrong;  

6/ Grab The Bar ($12) (interesting Kavish C riding this and not the stable horse Coup Dreamwood) and the heart will be with Queen Jetsun ($8);

7/ what a minefield....  Will enjoy watching.

8/ Cant line the form up in the Canty Belle so will watch.

9/ small eachway plays on He Kin Fly ($8.5) and Prince Oz ($12) (I see it is at $20);

10/ Owen Patrick eachway ($10);

11/ another Rubik's cube but interested to see how Avantage's little sister Asavant ($14) goes second up - looked super in the southern Guineas races last term;

12/ Prosperous looks the one, but will play Caitlin Jay and Jojo Roxx to place if around $4-5.

And the most beautiful thing of all is I probably wont get a thing right.  But I'll enjoy it all the same., and hope all get home safe.

1 hour ago, Eastwood Jaunty said:

Yes - certainly the horse with the most upside in that race.

And looks to shorts at 8s last time I looked, hopefully you get better odds with hot tap, open fields today, twelve races we may need sponsorship from the national bank to get through unscathed, have also been following Tennessee rock, been average and has also drawn wide, should get big odds, but just a runners chance on form.

Tauhei Notts will be at Riccarton on Cup Day, having spent the Friday at Addington.

Will the big old public stand be open at Riccarton, or is it still condemned as an earthquake risk?  It has been the best place from which to watch races at Riccarton.

Which bar do Racecafers patronise?

On 10/2/2020 at 3:28 PM, Shad said:

And looks to shorts at 8s last time I looked, hopefully you get better odds with hot tap, open fields today, twelve races we may need sponsorship from the national bank to get through unscathed, have also been following Tennessee rock, been average and has also drawn wide, should get big odds, but just a runners chance on form.

You get Tennessee Rock today, I hope!!

6 hours ago, Eastwood Jaunty said:

You get Tennessee Rock today, I hope!!

No, to be fair thought the draw a little wide, and fixed odds last night were nowhere near 30s, had I taken my phone to smoko the 30s would have changed my mind, was good run last start at riccarton, at 100  that day, been a bad week, missed far site yesterday, and fell asleep in the chair, totally missed the last race which I had been following fagiolo majica, that hurt, woke up ten minutes after the race dribbling every where as you buggar, hope you got on, be happy if someone else did. Have a wee look for tomorrow did back ski hi rahto last start, just found one better, in again Saturday with the 4kg claimed on again, rides ok, hopefully get her first win soon.

Sorry to hear mate - it won well!  I did not, but did have a fiver on Ophelia Rose and also backed Betathedeviluno in the last (although just for a place).  Was a rare good day for the roughies.  Sky Hi Rahtwo not far away for you on Saturday.

Five meetings in 14 days coming up in the South Island, so will be a busy time.

1 hour ago, Eastwood Jaunty said:

Sorry to hear mate - it won well!  I did not, but did have a fiver on Ophelia Rose and also backed Betathedeviluno in the last (although just for a place).  Was a rare good day for the roughies.  Sky Hi Rahtwo not far away for you on Saturday.

Five meetings in 14 days coming up in the South Island, so will be a busy time.

Nice work, ophelia rose won well, have to keep on the track work on the racing website, always a good guide for finding the odd roughie, had a mate that collected of Tennessee rock so all was not lost, good luck keep those roughies coming. 

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

Wingatui fields are pretty good,even though stakes are not flash,they keep battling on.

26 noms for one race. Only 14 get to start so 12 unfortunates miss out and four of them have decided to race out of their class, which isn't ideal but at least they get a race into them. In the NI they would have split it into two fields.