RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

TAB trading performance update

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Probably the most interesting thing is how well the SI meetings went turnover wise. No CD meetings featured in the top turnover races.

For someone who claims to be very familiar with South Island happenings you seem to confuse a couple of figures quoted as  Saturday race turnovers as a reflection of meeting turnovers , even more puzzling to this South Islander when the CD only had TWO Saturday meetings during the month.

A low-key Hawera meeting with 12 races and an Awapuni meeting with 5 x jumping races and they historically low T/O.

The other influencing factor was the carry forward figures in the First 4 and these ,particularly on a Saturday attract a surge in Aussie betting into the inflated pools. 

Of course the Winter Cup had a sizable field and the 2nd horse paid $19 place .The other NZ meeting that day was the lowly Cambridge trots !

Certainly the' good' August  TAB result will not go down well with the Doomers and naysayers ...its only one month but there is a bit to enthuse over especially the $2 mill savings in operational costs.

But then again ,what would I know ?

9 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Certainly the' good' August  TAB result will not go down well with the Doomers and naysayers ...its only one month but there is a bit to enthuse over especially the $2 mill savings in operational costs.

You know quite a lot Gary , its the naysayers that cant admit that things are presently going better than they wanted/predicted. You will unfortunately never shut them up, they hark for the good old days zzzzzzzzz

Greg

14 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Do you really want someone to tell you ? SFA , about racing at least . Can't comment about the rest of your dull life .

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You know quite a lot Gary , its the naysayers that cant admit that things are presently going better than they wanted/predicted. You will unfortunately never shut them up, they hark for the good old days zzzzzzzzz

Greg , wake up Greg , are you alright ? do you need the nurse ? is it time for your medication ? .

Tell me which rest home you and Tasman are in  and i'll give them a call , just make sure one of you gets out of the bed before they come in the room .

36 minutes ago, nomates said:

Do you really want someone to tell you ? SFA , about racing at least . Can't comment about the rest of your dull life .

Greg , wake up Greg , are you alright ? do you need the nurse ? is it time for your medication ? .

Tell me which rest home you and Tasman are in  and i'll give them a call , just make sure one of you gets out of the bed before they come in the room .

Tasman Man would have forgotten more about business and Racing than you in your entire life. To assist he was a part owner of MC winner as well as other Group races.Is a great supporter of both codes and has been for decades.

As for me i'm fine and happy about all things in life. Your living proof that negativity will get you nowhere and No Mates🥴

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Tasman Man would have forgotten more about business and Racing than you in your entire life.

Your right Tasman has forgotten more than me about racing , It shows , he seems to know feck all about the subject . I haven't forgotten anything about my passion . 

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

To assist he was a part owner of MC winner as well as other Group races.Is a great supporter of both codes and has been for decades.

What the fuck has owning successful racehorses got to do with it . I've known shitloads of successful owners who knew FA about the guts of the industry and didn't pretend they did . Now if you had told me he had trained those horses then there might be some credence in the statement . Successful ownership doesn't come hand in hand with knowledge , and he's living proof , he's had a great deal of luck racing horses , good on him , his comments show he has no understanding of the wider issues within racing , along with yourself .

Now go back to your own room and take your meds , there's a good man .

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Tasman Man would have forgotten more about business and Racing than you in your entire life. To assist he was a part owner of MC winner as well as other Group races.Is a great supporter of both codes and has been for decades.

As for me i'm fine and happy about all things in life. Your living proof that negativity will get you nowhere and No Mates🥴

Greg

Please Greg ,

You confusing me with someone else....I'm quite happy to have my say ,when discussing topics I have an interest in.

The topic of the thread does show that some progress is taking place and bankruptcy has been stalled for now but until change takes place in racing and more centralisation /rationalisation accrues IMO NZ racing can't have a bright future .

These folk you locking horns with here ,claim passion in the Industry yet other than own a few horses and muck out a few stables they obviously burdened with personal regional bias which badly effects their judgement.If they were really passionate they would be working on committees , in clubs etc doing something useful rather than spreading negativity on social media.

They claim to want progress , its change they don't want !

And you can tell them what rest home I in , doubt you will know.........the care here is top class , I'm having a ball !