RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Podcast.

14 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

They were sold  as i thought at the time that mad decision is now irreversible..........DOUGHNUT BRAINS STRIKE AGAIN.

Who would buy them?

I've posted a bit on the radio coverage or lack of it since radios gone I  probably only listen to about 10 percent of the races I once did.

Sure technology  is good and being able to stream things is a great invention,but it ain't the ultimate,internet's dont always work,your always buying data,cell phone batteries dont last to long,the old humble radio still keeps on trucking,especially when one is working,not everyone can fuck around online all the time fair to say a lot have tuned out of racing as a result.

One wonders what options are available radio wise, if there are any?

And just to add I dont watch a lot of tv,watch a few races but I dont plan my life around it,recently I even put my sky account on hold,I still get the free channels through the sky box so I dont see the rugby etc etc although there is some coverage on prime,if there's a game I'm interested in I'm happy with radio,you tube have something on the game not long after match anyway no racing on radio is not my loss,only the TABs,just one more thing as i dont have sky for a now i honestly dont really miss it,I've lived without before,can live without now.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

And just to add I dont watch a lot of tv,watch a few races but I dont plan my life around it,recently I even put my sky account on hold,I still get the free channels through the sky box so I dont see the rugby etc

You also get trackside.

4 hours ago, mikenz said:

The simple reality is Trackside not on radio is not easily accessible,I bet lots are on the same boat.i dont mind some times placing bets on smartphone but streaming radio that's not always reliable ,cant be bothered,.

Its 4 hours since I left the house,normally I would be going about my work and would have my head phones and listen to races,instead today I tuned in to zb for a while then switched over to the rugby,at that time of the day the best races are on,but I miss the lot and effectively lose touch a little,I dont care what anybody else says no radio must be reducing the followers,easy to say listen to live stream,but it's just not convieniant,its a shame but there must be a solution ,but what is it?

9 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Another afternoon with radio tuned into something else,rugby actually,I bet I'm not the only one missing radio,dont mind betting on phone but ain't fuckin listening on app all day.

Missing the radio big-time here.

On 9/27/2020 at 9:00 PM, mikenz said:

Why I posed query about podcast it just seems everyone has them now but no racing one at all.

Mate, download the BGP (Boys Get Paid) app, and once downloaded you will be able to view/listen to various podcasts, recordings etc that may be of interest to you.

Likewise with the Boys Get Paid Facebook page, well worth checking out. Their original Facebook page/group was removed recently, but a replacement is already up and running. 

Yet another saturday afternoon and no radio,surely they can organize something,yesty was briefly listening to the simulcast online,race in Queensland was just about to start and then boom Matt Cross starts yacking about Addington,its pretty unprofessional,even if you had friday,saturday,sunday and public holidays,it a start.

On 9/26/2020 at 12:17 PM, ivanthegreat said:

They were sold  as i thought at the time that mad decision is now irreversible..........DOUGHNUT BRAINS STRIKE AGAIN.

Who would have bought them,not a lot of markets for radio frequencies I would have thought.

A good start would be at least having a decent online radio,the simulcast is very unprofessional, they just switch over from trackside 1 to 2 willy nilly,the other day a race from Ipswitch was just about to start and then boom Matt Cross comes on at addington,over the years racing on radio has always had hassles,trackside got it right but it is true they all cost money to run,but in today's world people can and do run radio from home,as I said once before if you could get fridays,sats and sundays and holidays,its a start,its hard to believe NZ Trotting cup day will have no radio at this stage anyway.

1. The Leg Up is the TAB's podcast and during the Spring and Summer it comes out weekly (on a Thursday I believe).  They go a good job and it's a good listen. 

2. The Boys Get Paid have several different initiatives filling the void and all of them a re very worthwhile: (i) a podcast named No Last Race, which is biweekly, and which focuses on sensible punting but also issues other hot topics; and then (ii) a Saturday morning podcast 10am-12pm previewing the day's races here and in Oz, and replete with interviews with trainers and jockeys; and (iii) a Sunday morning show with Mark Claydon, again from 10am, which reviews the previous day's racing and again is full of interviews.

3.  Beyond New Zealand, there are several other good podcasts if you're just interested in betting strategies etc (see, for example, The Business of Betting, which is sponsored by Betfair).