RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Tonights Fields at Ribbon of Light !

IMO the ATC has been let down by both the Programmers and Northern trainers for tonights Trots ,which should be a highlight after being stuck in gridlock since the Bridge became injured and many of us dressed up with no where to go.

Plenty of class horses .....but sadly the fields have suffered with scratchings.

One 4 x horse field which are the leftovers from big Sales Series race....OK.....but then 1 x 6 horse race and 3 x 7 horse races . Hardly an attraction for punters !

Wait there's more......2 other races with $1.45 favs while the main trot race [ 7 x starters ] features a $1.45 quinella !

It will be no surprise to me if one of the 'hotties' gets beaten but at a time when Betting turnover is paramount to get Harness afloat again it is a tad sad .

No doubt a few hardy individuals will enjoy the chance to get out and about and enjoy the racing and food once we are herded into our holding pens and masks attached.

At least some top horses racing ...not to mention the Chief ,the Iceman and the Magic Man.......luv it !

A question from me would be .......do our Harness leaders actually care about the betting turnover on a weekly basis ?

5 hours ago, mikenz said:

I was reading that they are doing well recently.

Mikenz - last week the TAB gave away (so they say) close to $200,000 in bonus bets.     No money of course just a "figure" but that will be included in the turnover.      Bean counters can make figures say what they want.

11 hours ago, eljay said:

Mikenz - last week the TAB gave away (so they say) close to $200,000 in bonus bets.     No money of course just a "figure" but that will be included in the turnover.      Bean counters can make figures say what they want.

Yes and no ,that bonus money does get circulated  around and probably and I say probably ends up back at the TAB anyway.