RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Hufkissen

Get on the Board

CALL FOR APPLICATIONS:  New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Board Directors

Applicants are sought for three positions of directors of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing Incorporated. New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing is responsible under the Racing Industry Act 2020 for governing, administering, promoting and advancing the sport of thoroughbred racing in New Zealand.

Applicants will bring proven corporate governance experience and understanding of governance policies and processes, strategic insight, and guidance of change.

Additional skills and attributes sought from the combination of successful candidates include:
  • experience in transforming organisations in times of change;
  • experience in driving culture change;
  • financial management;
  • creativity and critical thinking;
  • experience in data-rich and IT-intensive business;
  • experience in promotion-dependent business; and
  • governance of property matters.
A position description is attached here.

Applications should be submitted in writing to NZTR’s Secretary, James Dunne, at james.dunne@nztr.co.nz, and must reach NZTR by 5 pm on 17 October 2020.

One would reasonably expect there to be a good cross section of candidates who are passionate about our Racing industry including the wider aspects of it like education, tourism industry who may have lost their jobs in recent months  applying for this position.

Some of whom were employed in NZ , others internationally.

We can only hope that full background references are checked, including that of the person's character references.

Racing, like many industries that have been run roughshod over need strong leaders to get us through these challenging times in the world.

3 hours ago, Nerula said:

Somebody put up the current board please and let’s discuss those reasonably. Put your picks up for continuance?

Board of Directors

Alan Jackson (Chairman)
Victoria Carter ONZM (Deputy Chair)
Jason Fleming
Cameron George
Bruce Sharrock
Rick Williams

Something very odd going on here. Any commercial enterprise first criteria for board membership is industry experience,

This application downgrades industry knowledge or experience to "desirable".

Could someone disclose James Dunne's industry credentials. Being son of an MP member of the Wellington swamp hardly encouraging.

Lets hope the "creative" thinking criteria extends to shifting NZTR to Auckland.

45 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

I notice that governance of property matters is listed as a pre-requisite.  Taking into account that all the land and buildings have been sold off I find that line intriguing.

Exactly. NZTR don't own any property do they? That's not an object of their constitution as far as I can see. I thought they were an association of clubs. I wonder who developed the job description for board members? Surely the clubs in liaison with the Member's Council they appointed? Or is the tail wagging the dog here?

3 hours ago, slam dunk said:

Something very odd going on here. Any commercial enterprise first criteria for board membership is industry experience,

This application downgrades industry knowledge or experience to "desirable".

Could someone disclose James Dunne's industry credentials. Being son of an MP member of the Wellington swamp hardly encouraging.

Lets hope the "creative" thinking criteria extends to shifting NZTR to Auckland.

Wasn't James part of the now defunct Attheraces setup? 

20 hours ago, Leggy said:

Exactly. NZTR don't own any property do they? That's not an object of their constitution as far as I can see. I thought they were an association of clubs. I wonder who developed the job description for board members? Surely the clubs in liaison with the Member's Council they appointed? Or is the tail wagging the dog here?

Surely clubs must be represented at the board. This application appears to be confusing management with governance. The skills should be with those running the show and control with the more traditional owners of NZTR i.e. the clubs and participants. Seems like just another recipe for a hijack.