RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
eljay

Maori Language Week

If this week did anything it was to prove to us what a real waste of time it was.      I have really only noticed that Government Employees have obviously been instructed to use token Maori words in amongst English ones.     What a real botch up it sounds.       Especially when they try "too hard".       Some place names for example have become a real joke - (spelt for pronunciation purposes only) Why tea matar Tar (emphasis on last syllable) for an obvious example.      Now I see the Maori Party want to take it further - Separate laws for Maori (what is a Maori John?) and will that mean those of mixed blood will be able to choose which law they to be judged by.      Also they want EVERY place name to be known by their Maori name (John look around many don't have a Maori name)     What a bloody racist time we have been having!

10 hours ago, eljay said:

If this week did anything it was to prove to us what a real waste of time it was.      I have really only noticed that Government Employees have obviously been instructed to use token Maori words in amongst English ones.     What a real botch up it sounds.       Especially when they try "too hard".       Some place names for example have become a real joke - (spelt for pronunciation purposes only) Why tea matar Tar (emphasis on last syllable) for an obvious example.      Now I see the Maori Party want to take it further - Separate laws for Maori (what is a Maori John?) and will that mean those of mixed blood will be able to choose which law they to be judged by.      Also they want EVERY place name to be known by their Maori name (John look around many don't have a Maori name)     What a bloody racist time we have been having!

Well I don't suppose it's a waste of time for those  who have an interest in it but it would be nice if they spelt it as pronounced .

We are often criticised incorrect pronunciation so spell it correctly , eg  Whakatane should be Fuckatane , Whanganui , Funganui etc etc that  would solve many of the pronunciation issues .