RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
ivanthegreat

DISPROPORTIONATE COVERAGE

THE DOGS ARE GETTING TOO MUCH COVERAGE RELATIVE TO THEIR CONTRIBUTION TO RACING.

EVEN TODAY WITH TWO TROT MEETINGS ON...... BY THE TIME THE COMMENTS PEOPLE HAVE GONE OVER THE FORM , HANDLERS DONE THE JUMPOUTS . WALKED TO THE START, RUN THE RACE PREVIEWS , COMMENTATORS PICKS , STUDIO EXPERTS COMMENTS AND SUGGESTED WIN/PLACE/ QUADDIE / PICK SIX /RUN THE RACE AND THE OBLIGATORY REPEAT OF THE ENTIRE RACE ITS A HELL OF A TIME 

FURTHERMORE WE HAVE IT MONDAY/ TUESDAY/WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY/FRIDAY/SUNDAY . 

Ivan - you are 100 pct right.    One race at Manukau yesterday I counted 6 times I saw the start of the race.    TAB please note  - BORING, BORING, BORING.     AFter that I was careful to not tune in until Harness were ready to score up.    If you want to show the hounds remember - you have got two channels!!     

The Doggies are making ground on Harness as far as the betting public is concerned.

No doubt influenced by the fact there are so many more doggy races available to have a dabble on.

Just counting NZ races ,the doggies have more races than  gallops and harness combined.

NZ Harness 'lucky' it had no NZ gallops to contend with yesterday , though plenty of doggies and gallops from 9 different countries !!

Geez.

One wonders if Harness getting the best possible deal from the TAB and how much of this is self inflicted......lack of unity , lack of strong combined voice etc etc.

Interesting seeing the last 2 x Sundays how the First 4 pools can grow by some $20 k a race once a jackpot situation arises......probably a lot of Australian money in this ,but it shows folk are looking to bet on bigger pools .

IMO harness needs to do more to help itself......sort out the ongoing Management issues , get consistency in stipe issues ,handicapping ,programming etc.

On a positive note ,the low cost streaming of picks and interviews by the likes of Nigel , Andrew and Jo etc where the faces of many drivers and little known participants come into your house online is IMO adding a new dimension and well worth looking out for. Much better than being hooked into the endless TV coverage  of doggies.

But doggies betting on  NZ TAB fast closing in on Harness.

Friday night while I was playing around on here I also had trackside on 1 in the background,watched the Alexandra Park races casually,in between was just a string of dog races,just shit although I do concede that the nz greyhounds have a place on trackside they do spend a lot of time covering a race,maybe the powers that be kind of reckon it's the best way to fill in time,as a viewing spectacle though trackside some days is very poor.

On 9/21/2020 at 10:11 AM, tasman man 11 said:

The Doggies are making ground on Harness as far as the betting public is concerned.

No doubt influenced by the fact there are so many more doggy races available to have a dabble on.

Just counting NZ races ,the doggies have more races than  gallops and harness combined.

NZ Harness 'lucky' it had no NZ gallops to contend with yesterday , though plenty of doggies and gallops from 9 different countries !!

Geez.

One wonders if Harness getting the best possible deal from the TAB and how much of this is self inflicted......lack of unity , lack of strong combined voice etc etc.

Interesting seeing the last 2 x Sundays how the First 4 pools can grow by some $20 k a race once a jackpot situation arises......probably a lot of Australian money in this ,but it shows folk are looking to bet on bigger pools .

IMO harness needs to do more to help itself......sort out the ongoing Management issues , get consistency in stipe issues ,handicapping ,programming etc.

On a positive note ,the low cost streaming of picks and interviews by the likes of Nigel , Andrew and Jo etc where the faces of many drivers and little known participants come into your house online is IMO adding a new dimension and well worth looking out for. Much better than being hooked into the endless TV coverage  of doggies.

But doggies betting on  NZ TAB fast closing in on Harness.

Not sure about last sentence TM. I have it on good authority  that  a major Dog punter has just had his wings clipped massively by NZTAB. Was told his total turnover exceeded 1 mio per month.

At least Tabs GBM will be probably be enhanced or will it

Greg

31 minutes ago, Dockers said:

A million a month sounds heavy. Would only be clipped if he was winning. And if had been winning doubt they would let him have that turnover in first place. 

What I percieve is that risk taking book has had its business model changed.

Greg

IMHO until 12 harness horses in a 12 horse race can complete the event on a regular basis and all finish within a reasonable margin between first and last the code will continue to suffer. 

Governance, starter issues, stripes, rules, grades, North vs South are maybe fixable, galloping pacers and trotters are a betting turnover killer. 

Standing starts, maiden trotters, etc turn off thoroughbred punters from having a go. 

Perhaps a third of the harness races have failed to finish or tailed off runners. 

Not a good look 

Womby - until the tbreds can race over all distances in all conditions the same applies from the gypsies.      You must be quite young I think.     A true follower does not expect to win every time he has a bet - we all like to but alas no show.     All the things you say are to be taken into account when you have a punt.   Afterall we are betting on animals and performance is never by the operating manual!!

3 hours ago, eljay said:

Oh I will, don't worry 🐘

Get on Racing NZ board so you can argue the best possible outcome  for Harness. The current clowns have no idea and will be beaten to the punch just like its been historically IMHO

Greg