RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
fermoy

Closed Racing???

14 minutes ago, army said:

Perhaps they made an exception for the Group 1 race. You can have up to 100 but how do you decide who goes but with a Group 1 it would make it easy just to invite those owners

That’s seems fair....as a group 1 horse would cost more to train then a maiden....

Maybe just another case of one rule for some and another for others.  Bollix. 

For what’s it worth I can’t see why owners can’t be allowed on course. Why NZracing have not been able to come with an across the board solution.  How about a plan going forward. 

44 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

That’s seems fair....as a group 1 horse would cost more to train then a maiden....

For what’s it worth I can’t see why owners can’t be allowed on course. Why NZracing have not been able to come with an across the board solution.  How about a plan going forward. 

Yes, we are going to be living with this for some time aren't we so surely there are some possible solutions under level 2. I see too that cinemas are allowed 100 in each cinema so long as they are socially distanced and don't mingle?! Racecourses have plenty of spaces they can seprate off don't they, though I appreciate that takes some organising which costs in wages. Heck as a spectator after missing another chunk of racing, I don't know about others but I would happily pay a fee to get the chance to be on course. 

As a start though, if limited to 100 and more requests from owners are received than numbers allowed why not just draw the names out of a hat? Remain seated at a set table when inside, 2m distance outside and no mingling with jockeys, owners, strappers and trainers (keep that 2m distance at all times and seperate areas)? 

Suppose there might be uproar from those who miss out though! 

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

?????? Do they eat more? Wear more expensive shoes? Carry 2 jockeys instead of one? By the time they have become Gp 1 quality I would have thought they have plenty of funds in the bin and training fees are a lesser burden relatively speaking. Seems to me that funding and PR more important at the entry level to keep participants in the game.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I did hear them say there was a room for group 1 owners, a room for sponsors, a room for members and one other but can’t remember who . 

When did that rule get changed? Its only 3 days ago that owners were not even allowed to watch their horses at the Levin Jumpouts according to an NZTR directive,even though they are unofficial.Smacks of double standards Mr Saundry??Surely not??

1 hour ago, fermoy said:

When did that rule get changed? Its only 3 days ago that owners were not even allowed to watch their horses at the Levin Jumpouts according to an NZTR directive,even though they are unofficial.Smacks of double standards Mr Saundry??Surely not??

Exactly. This is bullshit. We should all be treated the same.  

Viruses are hardly likely to spread in wide open spaces, anyone with half a brain knows that.

Indeed Vitamin D and sunshine on one's body with fresh clean air in one's lungs is the best way to retain one's overall well being and keep viruses at bay.

Remember when we had free apples and milk in schools together with Exercise drills first thing in the morning?

We'll it's time commonsense in Public Health was brought back to where it used to be before the lot of no hopers we have calling the shots.

Auckland University allow 300 students in lecture theatres for Law classes.

Follow the Science & we will all be having "Died following Science" on our Death Certificates.

It's overdue everyone stood up to those "Scientists" & those calling the shots including Miss Ardern who was at Massey University during the week without any Social Distancing, Mask & in very close proximity of a group of pple who looked like the same outspoken students involved in BLM Protests.

We all need to ensure Society returns to civilisation, normal life, pronto as is required under WHO & Civil Emergency Legal Requirements.

Do recall we have been repeatedly told that the likelihood of catching Coronavirus at Supermarkets etc where one is casually passing by one is hardly likely to catch Covid.

Besides, they have been Community Contact tracing from the outset, pple can always use the Covid Serco app for what it's worth or  keep a journal if they are concerned abt contacting C19.

@army

Our local supermarket allows 90 pple maximum, which is what the law has always stated.

It's a lot smaller than a racecourse.

The rules are disproportionate, as is the stance that this Gvt, and others are taking towards those who have either a runny nose, fever, pneumonia or a new repeated cough.

I think there is heaps of opportunities for racing to have areas of 100 people max. Ie 100 per floor etc. however nzracing has done little planning to allow this to happen. 

If Hawkes bay had 100 sponsors, 100 owners etc I think that is good. But should be a rule for all clubs to do. 

15 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Owners allowed at Trots at Methven last week with nearly 160 horses racing.HRNZ have come up with excellent crowd control plan.

19 hours ago, meomy said:

It's overdue everyone stood up to those "Scientists" & those calling the shots including Miss Ardern who was at Massey University during the week without any Social Distancing, Mask & in very close proximity of a group of pple who looked like the same outspoken students involved in BLM Protests.

We all need to ensure Society returns to civilisation, normal life, pronto as is required under WHO & Civil Emergency Legal Requirements.

Do recall we have been repeatedly told that the likelihood of catching Coronavirus at Supermarkets etc where one is casually passing by one is hardly likely to catch Covid.

Besides, they have been Community Contact tracing from the outset, pple can always use the Covid Serco app for what it's worth or  keep a journal if they are concerned abt contacting C19.

This rule re no owners or public at races,trials and jumpouts has nothing to do with the Government.It is solely a rule brought in by NZ Thoroughbred Racing. That being the case why was it changed supposedly for Hastings on Saturday?.Dont tell me it was to let owners of horses in the Group  1 race attend because  there were a lot of other high profile people there other than those owners,trainers,jockeys and staff etc.????

I stand corrected.  Here is information from NZTR

From Saturday (Hastings/Ruakaka onwards), clubs have the option of hosting owners under COVID Level 2.  This option can be taken by a club, provided that it has prepared an operating plan for safely hosting owners or other attendees in groups of up to 100, and that plan has been submitted to NZTR and signed off.  The protocol was updated on 7 September to enable this regime (https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/Downloads/NZTR%20Directive%20COVID-19%20Alert%20Level-2%20(Update%207%20September%202020).pdf).

Owners who have horses entered in such meetings will be advised, and would need to RSVP with the club concerned.

40 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

From Saturday (Hastings/Ruakaka onwards), clubs have the option of hosting owners under COVID Level 2.  This option can be taken by a club, provided that it has prepared an operating plan for safely hosting owners or other attendees in groups of up to 100, and that plan has been submitted to NZTR and signed off.  The protocol was updated on 7 September to enable this regime (https://loveracing.nz/OnHorseFiles/Downloads/NZTR%20Directive%20COVID-19%20Alert%20Level-2%20(Update%207%20September%202020).pdf).

Owners who have horses entered in such meetings will be advised, and would need to RSVP with the club concerned.

Good work by them well done.

6 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

No need to stand being corrected Shane.The directive is dated the 20th September 2020 on the download link. The rest is bullshit to suit the situation for those two clubs  the day after the races.

42 minutes ago, Whyisit said:

No need to stand being corrected Shane.The directive is dated the 20th September 2020 on the download link. The rest is bullshit to suit the situation for those two clubs  the day after the races.

Hahahaha.So this is a ruling made on Sunday the 20th September to cover arses for what was allowed to happen in contravention of the existing rules the day before at Hastings???? Is that what you are saying??