RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
army

Programming

Ever who is involved in the race programmes needs  to start using their initiative. Finally get some Rating 72 1400 programmed and both are full fields with ballots. At Hastings 8 were eliminated. Whatdoes that tell them. Give us one at Woodville Friday but who is going to travel their horse for 5 hours. Where are the Waikato rating 72 1400. They persist if putting all these Maiden and Raing 65 races in and if you look at Te Rapa today there are some with 11 or under and our horses are missing out once again. Do these people invest in the industry or just collect a wage from them. Its about time that they are fair to all owners

They canned a R72 1200 at New Plymouth next week and replaced it with an open rating race , their reasoning was that there was a R72 1200 at Ellerslie the same day , now that is clueless . Bad enough for an owner having to fork out for transport to NP but now they think it was ok to suggest it's all good , just head up the road to Auckland . This one serves the northern trainers very well tho , get used to it .

5 minutes ago, nomates said:

They canned a R72 1200 at New Plymouth next week and replaced it with an open rating race , their reasoning was that there was a R72 1200 at Ellerslie the same day , now that is clueless . Bad enough for an owner having to fork out for transport to NP but now they think it was ok to suggest it's all good , just head up the road to Auckland . This one serves the northern trainers very well tho , get used to it .

And there is a difference between a 12 and 1400 too. I think these people need to show their face because I reckon most of them dont invest in our industry and they dont race horses otherwise we wouldnt have this unworkable programme. I next option for a 74 1400 is on the 2nd of October and all those horses that run this weekend will be looking for it too so once again more than likely we will miss out. We can nominate for an open 1400 but as always we are on the ballot or miss out. All I want them to do is use their comman sense look at what is happening with the fields and give us a fair opportunity

The programming is crazy. The handicapping of horses maybe more so. There is so few horses rated over 80 now that the open handicaps and higher rating races will be poor attended affairs in two months. 
 There is a congestion of horses rated between 65 and 70. 
NZTR and Tab are seeing turnover growths and punting this down to big fields etc. I would put it down to the following:

No sporting events to attend and attract money

no overseas holidays

no kids sport

government lolly money

built up penetration from racing closed down

pub nights cancelled 

47 minutes ago, Huey said:

Not only that they don't seem to realise that when a horse wins a mdn it goes to a R65, usually when it wins a R65 it goes to a R72, so there has to be a pathway for these horses in the calendar given what they have initially programmed . 

At this rate I'm hopeful my horses never win a race and stay in maiden class forever! 🙈

The odds are more than likely in my favour anyhow.... so I probably don't need to worry? 😆

10 hours ago, Huey said:

Not only that they don't seem to realise that when a horse wins a mdn it goes to a R65, usually when it wins a R65 it goes to a R72, so there has to be a pathway for these horses in the calendar given what they have initially programmed . 

You hit the nail on the head. They dont want their progressive horses to move up. You win a 65 race then you cant get a start for a month even though they may have had 8 starts for 2 wins but if you had 40 starts for 3 wins they will cater for them.  Then when they have a rating 72 race horses rated from 73 to 76 enter so you are on the ballot once again. Those are the same horses that got a start before yours when you had to enter the open races. Time they fronted up and let us know who this so called committee is

14 minutes ago, army said:

You hit the nail on the head. They dont want their progressive horses to move up. You win a 65 race then you cant get a start for a month even though they may have had 8 starts for 2 wins but if you had 40 starts for 3 wins they will cater for them.  Then when they have a rating 72 race horses rated from 73 to 76 enter so you are on the ballot once again. Those are the same horses that got a start before yours when you had to enter the open races. Time they fronted up and let us know who this so called committee is

I am involved in a horse that won a r65 1400M (3 weeks ago), the next applicable available race is not till end of Sep (or beginning Oct).  So we have had to have a trial between runs....crazy (more expenses).

12 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

At this rate I'm hopeful my horses never win a race and stay in maiden class forever! 🙈

The odds are more than likely in my favour anyhow.... so I probably don't need to worry? 😆

You should be racing a trotter in Southland. You race for bigger stakes in maiden class than better class races.

You people don't seem to realise this has been happening in the SI for years. The reason people think SI form is so inconsistent is because horses are hardly ever racing over the distance they prefer, in the class they prefer and after the ideal gap they prefer. And it is why the same horses race for $30,000 one week and $10,000 the next week. They just have to take a start whenever they can.

As I understand it, it is considered much more efficient for the industry to hold fewer meetings regardless of horse numbers. Somehow that generates more profit (loses less money). Apparently it will all come right when we have all weather tracks.

There will be some incredibly bright young chap at NZTR who has worked all of this out. He won't have ever actually been to a race meeting and has no interest in horses, but he is really good at computers and has worked out that this is by far the best way for the industry to proceed.

Actual horses and owners are quite incidental to the operation of the industry and everything would go much smoother without either of them.

6 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I am involved in a horse that won a r65 1400M (3 weeks ago), the next applicable available race is not till end of Sep (or beginning Oct).  So we have had to have a trial between runs....crazy (more expenses).

Exactley we raced 19th August and are still waiting as we were last on ballot fir this weekend. And when those races come around the ones that are racing this weekend which at both meetings is 30 will be ready to race again and it will be same old they wont split the race they will just say wait again. We had it all the way through with having to nominate in the ooen races. Would love to know who is on the planning committee I believe some trainers are

8 minutes ago, army said:

Exactley we raced 19th August and are still waiting as we were last on ballot fir this weekend. And when those races come around the ones that are racing this weekend which at both meetings is 30 will be ready to race again and it will be same old they wont split the race they will just say wait again. We had it all the way through with having to nominate in the ooen races. Would love to know who is on the planning committee I believe some trainers are

Ring Tim Barton he looks after the Programming guide he should be able to to tell you. 027 472 9372

4 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You people don't seem to realise this has been happening in the SI for years. The reason people think SI form is so inconsistent is because horses are hardly ever racing over the distance they prefer, in the class they prefer and after the ideal gap they prefer. And it is why the same horses race for $30,000 one week and $10,000 the next week. They just have to take a start whenever they can.

As I understand it, it is considered much more efficient for the industry to hold fewer meetings regardless of horse numbers. Somehow that generates more profit (loses less money). Apparently it will all come right when we have all weather tracks.

There will be some incredibly bright young chap at NZTR who has worked all of this out. He won't have ever actually been to a race meeting and has no interest in horses, but he is really good at computers and has worked out that this is by far the best way for the industry to proceed.

Actual horses and owners are quite incidental to the operation of the industry and everything would go much smoother without either of them.

Only banging my head on the wall here, but I've never understood why NZ racing doesn't cut its cloth to fit. i.e match the stakes to the races required to get the game going properly. So if that means 7k maidens so be it until it can justify increasing the stakemoney, at the moment we race for an unsustainable amount because certain persons moan about it but then we all end up moaning about the Calendar , programming and handicapping of which none of it will come right if you can find the right balance with stake money etc.

19 minutes ago, Huey said:

Only banging my head on the wall here, but I've never understood why NZ racing doesn't cut its cloth to fit. i.e match the stakes to the races required to get the game going properly. So if that means 7k maidens so be it until it can justify increasing the stakemoney, at the moment we race for an unsustainable amount because certain persons moan about it but then we all end up moaning about the Calendar , programming and handicapping of which none of it will come right if you can find the right balance with stake money etc.

11 races at Ashburton today (and they could easily have run 12) and 12 races at Timaru two weeks ago, all for $10,000 stakes. And yet only enough horses for 8 races at Wingatui and Riccarton for mostly $30,000 stakes. Obviously the stakes allocation is all wrong, and means nothing to most trainers.

Can someone explain to me how spending $15m? odd on an all weather track in the SI will resolve all or any of these anomalies?

You wouldn't trust this current lot to organise a piss up in a brewery, and yet we are happy to let then play with $15m to build a new track. And they will just walk away when they stuff it all up. 

If this was an industry that the general public cared about the media would be all over the staggering level of incompetence. As it is, no one really cares and mismanagement is just going to be allowed to continue until it totally destroys the industry. It is incredibly sad, but to some extent the industry deserves what it is allowing to happen. NZTR must be as amazed as anyone with what they have been allowed to get away with virtually without complaint.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

11 races at Ashburton today (and they could easily have run 12) and 12 races at Timaru two weeks ago, all for $10,000 stakes. And yet only enough horses for 8 races at Wingatui and Riccarton for mostly $30,000 stakes. Obviously the stakes allocation is all wrong, and means nothing to most trainers.

Can someone explain to me how spending $15m? odd on an all weather track in the SI will resolve all or any of these anomalies?

You wouldn't trust this current lot to organise a piss up in a brewery, and yet we are happy to let then play with $15m to build a new track. And they will just walk away when they stuff it all up. 

If this was an industry that the general public cared about the media would be all over the staggering level of incompetence. As it is, no one really cares and mismanagement is just going to be allowed to continue until it totally destroys the industry. It is incredibly sad, but to some extent the industry deserves what it is allowing to happen. NZTR must be as amazed as anyone with what they have been allowed to get away with virtually without complaint.

I was one of many Southlanders at the NZTR roadshow in Invercargill last week. Bernard and Jackson spoke about a few things, one being, that punters want the consistency the synthetic track will bring. Kelvin Tyler, Steve Blair-Edie, Jo Gordon and Ellis Winsloe all spoke clearly and strongly against the synthetic track at Riccarton, citing the damage it would do to South Island racing, race programming ie they need Oamaru and Timaru to stay, and funding the on-going maintenance costs of the synthetic etc etc. Everybody else who spoke was against it too (except maybe one, and I don't know what he was even on about). Bernie said their concerns were noted.  

I don't think the southern participants could be accused of not complaining, but they're probably the easiest to ignore.   http://www.theoptimist.site/gallop-south-calls-for-justice-through-constitutional-change/    http://www.theoptimist.site/riccartons-synthetic-track-debate-heats-up-as-roadshow-heads-south/ Jo Gordon said no Southland trainers would move their base to Riccarton.

44 minutes ago, dock leaf said:

I was one of many Southlanders at the NZTR roadshow in Invercargill last week. Bernard and Jackson spoke about a few things, one being, that punters want the consistency the synthetic track will bring. Kelvin Tyler, Steve Blair-Edie, Jo Gordon and Ellis Winsloe all spoke clearly and strongly against the synthetic track at Riccarton, citing the damage it would do to South Island racing, race programming ie they need Oamaru and Timaru to stay, and funding the on-going maintenance costs of the synthetic etc etc. Everybody else who spoke was against it too (except maybe one, and I don't know what he was even on about). Bernie said their concerns were noted.  

I don't think the southern participants could be accused of not complaining, but they're probably the easiest to ignore.   http://www.theoptimist.site/gallop-south-calls-for-justice-through-constitutional-change/    http://www.theoptimist.site/riccartons-synthetic-track-debate-heats-up-as-roadshow-heads-south/ Jo Gordon said no Southland trainers would move their base to Riccarton.

Sounds like the Southerners suffer from too much common sense and know what the fuck they're talking about to be listened to or force change ! 😥🙈

So here we go again sorry you missed out last week but never mind you can miss out again. We will have a rating 74 but if you are above that you can still enter dont worry abour those poor horses who are lower rated and haven't been able to get in a race tbey can just wait another week and miss out again. NZTR you can pay my training bill because I last races on the 19th August and haven't been able to get in a race since.