RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Houlahan's Dream

Bet of the Day 12 September.....:

19 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Bowman suspended again and will miss the Cox Plate. His head is not right.

Stewards are on his case and the bullshit hes been spinning is obviously no longer tenable.Smart idea not appealing IMHO

Greg

37 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Bowman suspended again and will miss the Cox Plate. His head is not right.

Decent ride to lose as well, Sir Dragonet put nearly 10 lengths on Dashing Willoughby at Chester last year so he should be OK at the Valley , 117 rating not too shabby either. 

I know the comp will take most attention tomorrow (and fair enough) but I REALLY like the run of Warning in the Turnball. 

Steamed through the line after being slightly held up. Got the pedigree at the distance. Might be better suited to Flemington but with the right run, could present in the Caulfield Cup. 

5 hours ago, Houlahan's Dream said:

I know the comp will take most attention tomorrow (and fair enough) but I REALLY like the run of Warning in the Turnball. 

Steamed through the line after being slightly held up. Got the pedigree at the distance. Might be better suited to Flemington but with the right run, could present in the Caulfield Cup. 

Turnbull Stakes, imho, has always been the best guide for the Cups. This year it was a great race and apart from the first 4 in the race, there was one run that really caught my eye and that was Master of Wine. I’ve already backed Toffee Tongue at $51 but I will definitely be throwing Master of Wine in my exotics, along with the Turnbull placegetters. I also regard The Sydney Metrop winner as a must for exotics. But, with a bit of rain forecast to keep the track at best a nice G4 or S5, I think Toffee is weighted to win. Love lightly weighted Oaks winners in Cups races. 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Turnbull Stakes, imho, has always been the best guide for the Cups. This year it was a great race and apart from the first 4 in the race, there was one run that really caught my eye and that was Master of Wine. I’ve already backed Toffee Tongue at $51 but I will definitely be throwing Master of Wine in my exotics, along with the Turnbull placegetters. I also regard The Sydney Metrop winner as a must for exotics. But, with a bit of rain forecast to keep the track at best a nice G4 or S5, I think Toffee is weighted to win. Love lightly weighted Oaks winners in Cups races. 

Was a good run Trumpy, but agree Warning is a Flemington horse. Master of Wine does look the one to beat. The Internationals are the unknown but wouldn’t surprise me to see Prince of Arran right in there, he has been flying at Werribee apparently and Jamie Kah riding well. Bit surprised that Baker Forsman’s The Chosen One is 100/1....he won the Herbert Power last year and has less weight this time 53.5kg dropping from 58 last start. Mirage Dancer the other one that looks over the odds at 20/1.

Weather might play a big part yet if that rain arrives.

58 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Was a good run Trumpy, but agree Warning is a Flemington horse. Master of Wine does look the one to beat. The Internationals are the unknown but wouldn’t surprise me to see Prince of Arran right in there, he has been flying at Werribee apparently and Jamie Kah riding well. Bit surprised that Baker Forsman’s The Chosen One is 100/1....he won the Herbert Power last year and has less weight this time 53.5kg dropping from 58 last start. Mirage Dancer the other one that looks over the odds at 20/1.

Weather might play a big part yet if that rain arrives.

Agree with most of your sentiments. But I think Prince of Aran is not suited to rain affected going. There’s rain arriving soon and although Caulfield can now absorb a fair bit of water, it wouldn’t suit the Prince. I was listening to the Irishman (TJ) who’s looking after AVD and gee it was a great interview. Talked about the horse, it’s various lead ups and past runs etc. after listening to his appraisal of the horse, it’s form, it’s credentials and how the horse is going, I’m definitely giving it a big chance! In fact I’ve moved him into my top 3 alongside Toffee and the Wine Master. AVD is supposed to be the “best” horse to ever come from overseas and race in the CC. That’s good enough for me. 

24 minutes ago, Trump said:

Agree with most of your sentiments. But I think Prince of Aran is not suited to rain affected going. There’s rain arriving soon and although Caulfield can now absorb a fair bit of water, it wouldn’t suit the Prince. I was listening to the Irishman (TJ) who’s looking after AVD and gee it was a great interview. Talked about the horse, it’s various lead ups and past runs etc. after listening to his appraisal of the horse, it’s form, it’s credentials and how the horse is going, I’m definitely giving it a big chance! In fact I’ve moved him into my top 3 alongside Toffee and the Wine Master. AVD is supposed to be the “best” horse to ever come from overseas and race in the CC. That’s good enough for me. 

I am big AVD fan , but travel, weight , draw might be tough . What are your thoughts about draw ? . Best Solution got round and in I recall and hoping AVD car do it .He has the OZ / NZ connection like Highland Reel through the dam.

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

I am big AVD fan , but travel, weight , draw might be tough . What are your thoughts about draw ? . Best Solution got round and in I recall and hoping AVD car do it .He has the OZ / NZ connection like Highland Reel through the dam.

Apparently AVD has travelled well and settled in. He’s a seasoned traveller so shouldn’t be a problem. The barrier is not a problem for a top world class horse like him. He will get a good run to the first turn but it’s what happens from there for the next 200m is where it can go to custard. The horses trying to get in can squeeze the ones in the middle, so watch out! But Bowman will have him in the first 8 for sure. He won’t want to be near the rear. 

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Apparently AVD has travelled well and settled in. He’s a seasoned traveller so shouldn’t be a problem. The barrier is not a problem for a top world class horse like him. He will get a good run to the first turn but it’s what happens from there for the next 200m is where it can go to custard. The horses trying to get in can squeeze the ones in the middle, so watch out! But Bowman will have him in the first 8 for sure. He won’t want to be near the rear. 

Has the class no doubt but a few things against him....is Bowman a plus right now....? 🤔

3 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Has the class no doubt but a few things against him....is Bowman a plus right now....? 🤔

I think Bowman is a plus Ohokason. He’s elected not to appeal so obviously is more confident of winning the CC than the CP! He will ride it a treat - but he still has t carry the weight, although it’s not that great considering his class. He probably should have at least 60kg. He’ll be in the finish but I’ll be hoping more down in the weights - especially Toffee @$51 ! 

Great day indeed. I have been over the Turnball a few times.....Still think Warning will be good - he might be good enough to run well in CC and MC.  Master of Wine, Toffee Tongue and VE for exotics. AVD...could be class but I am always wary of that first run for the internationals....He could perhaps not be hard ridden, finish sixth and they would conclude that was an excellent MC trial. That is a deep field. 

Good luck folks.