RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

Wellington steeples meeting

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

166 views and not one answer , I  guess I'll have to ring the club .

I think if someone from NZTR was to pop on occasionally and answer these sorts of questions it would do wonders for their PR and image. They should be really pleased to have an easy question to answer for a change really.

They may have called one of the jumps races at Awapuni earlier the Wgtn steeples, but who knows or cares really. It obviously won't be run at Trentham this year.

Hi Shad, (Tripple alliance)

Obviously everything is COVID dependent but  NZTR have indicated that all things been equal then they have every intention of re-instating what would have been the 2020 South Island Jumping Calendar into the 2021 Season.

As for the  2020 Wellington Chase and Hurdles unfortunately that won't be happening this year mainly because of RITA's decision to only use those tacks that had Fiber Optic available when we returned to racing post the COVID Level 4 lockdown

1 hour ago, Thepaw said:

Obviously everything is COVID dependent but  NZTR have indicated that all things been equal then they have every intention of re-instating what would have been the 2020 South Island Jumping Calendar into the 2021 Season.

As for the  2020 Wellington Chase and Hurdles unfortunately that won't be happening this year mainly because of RITA's decision to only use those tacks that had Fiber Optic available when we returned to racing post the COVID Level 4 lockdown

Thanks for that , Were Doomed was partly correct  the Whyte and Parliamentary were run at Awapuni  but not the WGTN steeples .

I see the next scheduled meeting at Trentham is Oct 25 the Thompson Handicap meeting , at least the track will have had a good rest .

1 hour ago, Thepaw said:

Thanks for that information, be keeping my fingers crossed

Hi Patiti,

Yeah pretty much that was the reason that was given by RITA as to why Trentham (and other high profile courses) were not part of the post Lockdown re-programming calendar. Appears surprising I know but  a high number of   NZ Tracks don't have this capability and if we used the 'non-fibre' course  during that period  (June- August)  then the industry was up for a whole lot of money just   to use satellite's to televise the meetings