RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Tauhei Notts

Cornflower Blue

Sometimes you see a three year old at this time of the year who stands up and says "look at me".

I think this Savabeel filly did so at Matamata today.

I note that she is late foal; she would still be a two year old when the 1000 Guineas is run.  She is out of an O'Reilly mare who won three races, two of them in Perth.  

They thought this filly was pretty good so sent her out $1.60 favourite and she won like an odds-on pop.

7 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Sometimes you see a three year old at this time of the year who stands up and says "look at me".

I note that she is late foal; she would still be a two year old when the 1000 Guineas is run.  She is out of an O'Reilly mare who won three races, two of them in Perth.  

They thought this filly was pretty good so sent her out $1.60 favourite and she won like an odds-on pop.

big win, indeed ...but midweek on a wet track at Matamata isn't enough for me to get too carried away. Plenty have done that before and gone on to ...not much. If CB wins effortlessly at, say, Ellerslie, on a Saturday in October, I may have to change my mind!

1 hour ago, Tauhei Notts said:

You could have got $3.30FF last night. :)

On the other hand Te akau's No Limit somewhat disappointing considering the $1.4M price tag. Strange sort of purchase presumably as stallion prospect. Looks rather classy but not much scope and difficult to see it developing. Maybe real firm tracks its best hope.

2 hours ago, weasel57 said:

big win, indeed ...but midweek on a wet track at Matamata isn't enough for me to get too carried away. Plenty have done that before and gone on to ...not much. If CB wins effortlessly at, say, Ellerslie, on a Saturday in October, I may have to change my mind!

Hard to please, impressive win alright and check out the family.

3 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Really?

My notes show that Cornflower Blue was around $3.80 for a race it was scratched in, but $1.90 for the race that it won.

Good shopping if you're correct...

I'm spot on.  

Opt 229  $3.30FF  8 September 18:38  ;)

16 hours ago, slam dunk said:

On the other hand Te akau's No Limit somewhat disappointing considering the $1.4M price tag. Strange sort of purchase presumably as stallion prospect. Looks rather classy but not much scope and difficult to see it developing. Maybe real firm tracks its best hope.

Hmmmm....yes, a bit disappointing regardless of the price tag. If you look back a bit, several of their stallion syndicate buys have gone better with their nuts out but it seems it only takes one or two group wins to make something into a viable breeding proposition. I guess that's what a good pedigree is all about.

53 minutes ago, Blue said:

Hmmmm....yes, a bit disappointing regardless of the price tag. If you look back a bit, several of their stallion syndicate buys have gone better with their nuts out but it seems it only takes one or two group wins to make something into a viable breeding proposition. I guess that's what a good pedigree is all about.

No Limits 1.4 mill return so far 600 bucks , Lethal now gelded 1.025 mill return so far 3600 , Byzantine was a breeding syndicate gelded , 200k return 32k now retired . Embellish on the plus side though plus a few others no doubt .

5 hours ago, NextPlease said:

Well then I'm stumped! Because I did my selections at 4pm and CB was paying $1.90.

Nevermind! Good value you got there.

Also remember I had an earlier bet at the same price done on my computer. Exactly the same $3.30 odds as 6:38 at the TAB 

Tue, 08 Sep 20204:20pm
14. Cornflower Blue @ 3.30
FFWIN
Matamata:Matamata Race 9

When I did my selections for the Boys Get Paid making her a Best Bet at around 10am race day she was at $2.40FF 

On 9/10/2020 at 2:33 PM, Littletramp said:

The Iffraj horse that ran 2nd to Cornflower Blue at the Te Teko trials on 18th August may be ok if this form holds up. It's unnamed at present. One to watch out for?

It's been a little wait and we won't get rich, but he kicks off today at Bendigo in race 3 - Jamie Kah rides.

32 minutes ago, Littletramp said:

Congrats to Greg Mcarthy who bred Ayrton, retains a share and deserves any good fortune being handed out in life.

I guess the next move is to wait for the horse that beat him in the trial at Traralgon on 30th November to line up. He looked equally impressive.

If it’s rockin’..............😉