RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
nomates

R.I.P. Bert Swney

Passing on the sad news of the passing Bert Swney . Bert and his wife Dorothy stood stallions in Matamata during the 80s and 90s . In later years they have been living in Levin training the odd racehorse .

I remember going to stallion parades at Bert's farm , i think his most successful stallion was Drums Of Time , i could be wrong tho .

Bert's health had been declining in recent years but was always happy to have a chat . He loved his horse racing . 

Along with his wife Dorothy you wouldn't meet a nicer couple . 

R.I.P. Bert .

Bert was a great guy worked for him at Redoubt Park..he and Dorothy were fine people. Bert was a great guy to have on your side..great boss and an even better friend...we had many a good laugh after work up in the stallion barn office over a couple of cold beers...RIP big fella...thoughts and prayers to Dorothy and his family.

Bert and Dorothy trained at Takanini for a decade or so. Their first winner was the Barney McCahill bred and appropriately named McGuinness. He won his first race for them at Ellerslie on the 16/9/92. He went on to win 6 times from 59 starts.Erincorp was a handy mare for them winning 4 from 41 starts.

Sincere condolences to all of Bert's family. 🌹 Nice memory's chatting with Bert on the odd race day we had horses competing against each other. 🏇

I send this fond memory with you today Bert of your marvelous old horse McGuinness beating ours and others at Te Rapa.  🏇🥇🏆

R.I.P Bert Swney. ❤️

Bert Swney.jpg