RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mulebacker

Wingatui Dimensions

Wingatui seems  to favour a certain type of Horse

Is the straight flat or uphill or downhill ?

Its about 300M 

Is the bend leading into the straight unusual?

Does anyone know what is unique about Wingatui  compared to other tracks to suit closers?

Every track has it's own unique idiosyncrasies,the straight is 350 meters according to the racing nz site it does seem to be a long slog up the home straight and dont seem too many come from the back but I think it's a better spectacle the longer the straight.the track at Flemington  is a great spectacle,but then you get the Valley it's only 200 meters,it is what is and all the horses are competing on the same track

I went to Thames years ago and the locals in the pub gave me 7 winners of the 8 races for the day

They said one of the keys was that Thames had a downhill straight and this was a a massive advantage to front runners as the back runners

couldnt sprint fast ehough to catch them.. Maybe the uphill nature of the wingatui striaght explains what I find there