RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Baz (NZ)

Congrats Aidan Rodley Winning The Kentucky Derby

14 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

with Authentic! 😲 😎

Good on him! This is what horse racing is all about.
I’ve just read him and 4 of his mates paid US$40 each for a 1/4200 share in a 12.5% share of the winner. 
 Aiden and his 4 mates literally own a hair within the tail of Authenticity but it doesn’t take away the fact that they are owners of the horse and congratulations to them. Not many people can claim they have owned a Kentucky Derby winner. Great story for racing. B)

I don't mind that owneship model. You're not going to make money, but that's not always the goal. You're spending peanuts and you can claim to have owned a Kentucky Derby winner, with the photo on the wall and all.

I'm 100% confident if you spent $30 a month on a tiny share of a horse, you'd get more enjoyment than spending hundreds of dollars a month downing beer at your local depressing pub.

56 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

I don't mind that owneship model. You're not going to make money, but that's not always the goal. You're spending peanuts and you can claim to have owned a Kentucky Derby winner, with the photo on the wall and all.

I'm 100% confident if you spent $30 a month on a tiny share of a horse, you'd get more enjoyment than spending hundreds of dollars a month downing beer at your local depressing pub.

My dad was in the Daily Mirror punters club years ago , thousands were in it and they had a horse called Punters Lad , to be honest it was a massive piss take we had with him saying " oi your horse is running  today they need a paddock size of Upton Park to get you all in " . He still gets shit sometimes about the horse he " owned !!!" . Good on the bloke but 1/ 4200 of 12.5 , maybe I am not the excitable type  , but as the song line says " if it makes you happy , it can't be that bad " . Will calculate the mark up on the two available due to be trained in New York they have available at moment at some point , I have a gut feeling it might be decent .

1 hour ago, Dockers said:

So excuse me if my maths is wrong as its early for me that he owns 0.0004 percent of 12.5%. . Must be a small bloody hair within the tail. 

Does anyone  know the average number of tail hairs on a racehorse , does it differ standardbred trotter  to a real racehorse . I wonder how much of 1 hair they own , to be fair it sounds like a bloody  good laugh with mates so well done on him finding it .

Only the very fortunate can own a racehorse outright, so I think most people are buying in for the experience, as opposed to making $$$.

We all know, regardless of how much you own, winning a race is unlike any other feeling. I'm sure these guys experienced that feeling when winning yesterday.

9 minutes ago, NextPlease said:

Only the very fortunate can own a racehorse outright, so I think most people are buying in for the experience, as opposed to making $$$.

We all know, regardless of how much you own, winning a race is unlike any other feeling. I'm sure these guys experienced that feeling when winning yesterday.

From what I can  make out my racehorse were into it just before this race so not since breaking in, lead up etc  , rough calculation 80 bucks winnings per share minus deductions . Could just be racing share for Derby Day , if full ownership syndication return might pay for decent few nights out , chance it's a one off lease Derby Day though.  

Maybe NZ Racing could do similar marketing here in NZ.
Or  BGP - Boys Get Paid would be interested ?
If every New Zealander was offered a share in a racehorse for $1 dollar day that's $1,825,000,000 invested.... if that's too ambitious?....
$1 per week =  $260,000,000
Many ways to skin a cat...but you get the idea.🤔

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

If every New Zealander was offered a share in a racehorse for $1 dollar day that's $1,825,000,000 invested.... if that's too ambitious?....

I think Michael Pitman was doing dollar a day syndicates.  Don't know how successful it was, but I don't think it ever got over that billion dollars.

Three years ago I engaged with the NZTR in respect of micro shares in  horses. Went right through the debate in respect of the Financial Markets Authority and the ability to sign off the number of warranties that needed to be covered in respect of the NZTR. Unfortunately it never went anywhere when the topic of the amount of effort and hard work that needed to be completed, along with the changes in the registration software, that things stalled. It was a shame because this could be the future to getting people into the industry.

5 minutes ago, Berri said:

Three years ago I engaged with the NZTR in respect of micro shares in  horses. Went right through the debate in respect of the Financial Markets Authority and the ability to sign off the number of warranties that needed to be covered in respect of the NZTR. Unfortunately it never went anywhere when the topic of the amount of effort and hard work that needed to be completed, along with the changes in the registration software, that things stalled. It was a shame because this could be the future to getting people into the industry.

There's plenty of syndication companies overseas that market small shares as gifts , not a bad idea for something different at Christmas . A few have set rules . For example horse in training up to end of 3 year old season then put through HIT sales at end of that year whatever the results , Million in Mind Syndicate used to do that with their horses , takes away arguments . Anyone who wants to buy back in just gets together and buys back  .

Although 12.5 split 4500 is a nothing share,  nowdays with emails , you tube etc making updates so easy I can see it being quite interesting to follow a horse through career and get insight of the top table with minimal outlay .

I have owned horses in both codes both in syndicates and wholly owned and raced by me. 

Every bit as much fun in a syndicate as owning it yourself and you are able to spread your ownership way wider and you meet so many great people as a result. 

The downside is not having as much input or control when it comes to making decisions, a friend recently found out after the fact that the galloper he was in was sold to the South Island without any discussion and has since won several times. 

He was in it to watch it run and would have bought it himself if he had known. 

It isn't a question of how much the share is worth in respect of horse flesh, unless you are a "horse investor" type person who wishes the shareholding to mean something. Micro shares is all about capturing the potential client and then taking a journey with them. There are any number of initiatives that are available to potential promoters that make the purchase even more fun.  All you have to do is be inventive. What say (for example), that by purchasing a micro share you were in the draw for a 25% stake in a horse, 2 free trips around the World, $100,000 to spend at a horse auction, a life of inebriation through a yearly supply of champagne etc etc etc.

Gets interesting as you start to think laterally...

17 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Many ways to skin a cat...but you get the idea.🤔

I'm with you, Baz.

Far too often we hear of 'Company X has sponsored Race X and the event will now be worth $50,000 more than last year.'

Which means nothing to the average person in the street ... and certainly doesn't encourage him to actually attend a racemeeting

The sponsor would get more bang for his buck, I'd say, if everyone on course that day got a ticket into a Sweepstake whereby each runner was drawn by one lucky so-and-so who would take home whatever part of that $50,000 the sponsor so decided.

I liked Berri's idea, too.

Lateral thinking, indeed. 

4 hours ago, Berri said:

It isn't a question of how much the share is worth in respect of horse flesh, unless you are a "horse investor" type person who wishes the shareholding to mean something. Micro shares is all about capturing the potential client and then taking a journey with them. There are any number of initiatives that are available to potential promoters that make the purchase even more fun.  All you have to do is be inventive. What say (for example), that by purchasing a micro share you were in the draw for a 25% stake in a horse, 2 free trips around the World, $100,000 to spend at a horse auction, a life of inebriation through a yearly supply of champagne etc etc etc.

Gets interesting as you start to think laterally...

The last chance to get a raffle ticket for the kosiusko ends shortly or might have already finished.5 bucks for a chance to get a slot, racing for a million and open FOR THE RANK AND FILE.