RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Addington today.

10 hours ago, westview said:

The drive on Pete's dash was disgraceful and does this industry a great disservice.  Continuing hitting a  beaten horse up the straight is just the sort of thing we don't need. 

Disgraceful performance from the driver W. D. O'Connell. When you see a horse being punished like that for no reason it is shocking. Perhaps it is time to ban whips. This clown should be ashamed of himself.

I think you've all got your "political correctness hats" fitted a little too tight this morning!

He used the whip by my count  4 maybe 5 times from the top of the straight, while the horse was still in contention for a cheque, and stopped as soon as the horse dropped off..

Yes, he could have put the whip away 2 swipes earlier, but to describe it as a "disgrace" and a "beating" makes you sound like card carrying members of PETA.

Ironically there were two drivers on the day, including one in this race fined for using the whip 2 or 3 times as much as he did. Why isn't anyone bagging them?

I'm as anti-whip as most, but this was a minor overuse by a non-professional who maybe should put the better drivers up on raceday. For mine, his race tactics were far worse than his whip use.

4 minutes ago, TurnyTom said:

Probably a poor drive, had opportunity to hand up but pressed on in the open and flagged 300 out, tough tough ask

Possibly a more conservative drive could have got a placing at least

Change of driver and I am on 

Horse did  get 6th in the end,what's wrong with the rest of them,often O Connells horses do a lot better with a change of driver so look out Methven.

7 hours ago, Flawed Genius said:

I think you've all got your "political correctness hats" fitted a little too tight this morning!

He used the whip by my count  4 maybe 5 times from the top of the straight, while the horse was still in contention for a cheque, and stopped as soon as the horse dropped off..

Yes, he could have put the whip away 2 swipes earlier, but to describe it as a "disgrace" and a "beating" makes you sound like card carrying members of PETA.

Ironically there were two drivers on the day, including one in this race fined for using the whip 2 or 3 times as much as he did. Why isn't anyone bagging them?

I'm as anti-whip as most, but this was a minor overuse by a non-professional who maybe should put the better drivers up on raceday. For mine, his race tactics were far worse than his whip use.

Had enough Pete's Dash was Matt's call then three horses went past, thats when I have a problem with someone continuing to hit their horse. Seriously that is not acceptable,  perception is everything in this current climate with animal rights groups and that sort of drive does us no favors. 

2 hours ago, westview said:

Had enough Pete's Dash was Matt's call then three horses went past, thats when I have a problem with someone continuing to hit their horse. Seriously that is not acceptable,  perception is everything in this current climate with animal rights groups and that sort of drive does us no favors. 

After reading this post I watched the replay of this race anda few others on the day, in all cases horses back in the field were being hit with the whip, the driver of Petes Dash didn't strike it much and nowhere as the driver of Chevron We Trust and many others on the day. The horse was intention to earn stake money till well up the straight 

Ido not know or have ever heard of this driver but his record is poor but I don't think he deserves a roasting and the horse he left 3 wide finished a distance last