RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

Cox Plate + AFL Grand Final = Epic day of sport!!.....

Saturday 24th of October is set to become one of the biggest days in Australian sport.

First to wet the appetite we have Australasia’s premier WFA race the Cox Plate then in a world first the AFL grand final will be played for the very first time in it’s history interstate at the Gabba and just to top it off it will be the first time ever that it will be played at night under lights!! 

The TV ratings will be through the roof and could very well set an all time record on the day!

Just imagine Jennifer Eccles winning the Cox Plate followed by the Tiges winning the Grand Final to make it 3 out of the last 4?! How good would that be?!!

Plenty to look forward to in the next couple of months. Spring racing is here people! B)

6 hours ago, CT"s said:

Saturday 24th of October is set to become one of the biggest days in Australian sport.

First to wet the appetite we have Australasia’s premier WFA race the Cox Plate then in a world first the AFL grand final will be played for the very first time in it’s history interstate at the Gabba and just to top it off it will be the first time ever that it will be played at night under lights!! 

The TV ratings will be through the roof and could very well set an all time record on the day!

Just imagine Jennifer Eccles winning the Cox Plate followed by the Tiges winning the Grand Final to make it 3 out of the last 4?! How good would that be?!!

Plenty to look forward to in the next couple of months. Spring racing is here people! B)

I quite liked the Cox plate day running into Interdominion grand final same night....which Champion won the Cox when this last coincided ?

On 9/3/2020 at 4:22 PM, Gruff said:

I quite liked the Cox plate day running into Interdominion grand final same night....which Champion won the Cox when this last coincided ?

Not sure about this one Gruffy. 

49 minutes ago, Dockers said:

Just the most watched sport in NZ and Australia. They get more people to a club game than any Allblack game. Maybe broaden your horizon. 

Don’t feed the trolls Dockers.

Your team played well the other night. Was a close game. 

8 hours ago, Uriah Heap said:

I agree CT's. A great day for an evening BBQ. However, not so sure about your tips.......???

Indeed Uriah! Don’t worry, I’m well overdue and we’ve got plenty of bullets to fire in the coming months. Stick with me. ;)

4 hours ago, Dockers said:

Just the most watched sport in NZ and Australia. They get more people to a club game than any Allblack game. Maybe broaden your horizon. 

Some years ago I went to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see Carlton versus Richmond.  76,000 crowd for a mid season club game!  And the score board showed the placings at Caulfield that day as the football game progressed. I saw that and wondered if Eden Park would ever do the same.  Okay, Randwick placings did not rate a mention, but who cares about those bastards north of Albury.  Those Aussies adore a footy game, a beer and a bet.  And is that MCG one of the world's greatest sporting stadiums?  Great views.  Plenty of bars serving up grog quickly and not at rip off prices.

5 hours ago, Dockers said:

I suppose population has nothing to do with it? Fair dinkum...they come in all shapes and sizes..

30 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Some years ago I went to the Melbourne Cricket Ground to see Carlton versus Richmond.  76,000 crowd for a mid season club game!  And the score board showed the placings at Caulfield that day as the football game progressed. I saw that and wondered if Eden Park would ever do the same.  Okay, Randwick placings did not rate a mention, but who cares about those bastards north of Albury.  Those Aussies adore a footy game, a beer and a bet.  And is that MCG one of the world's greatest sporting stadiums?  Great views.  Plenty of bars serving up grog quickly and not at rip off prices.

5 million people live in Melb...

3 hours ago, Trump said:

I suppose population has nothing to do with it? Fair dinkum...they come in all shapes and sizes..

4 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Yes they do a bloody good job over there. AFL is run well and are a wealthy organisation. Make a heap of money and have a 2 billion dollar tv deal.  Good post mate. 

Minimum price for a Grand Final seat at the Gabba is $400. A corporate seat is $5000. No longer can you take the kids to the Grand Final. I’ve been to 15 Grand Finals at the MCG and the atmosphere is great. But at $400 I’ll be saving mine for the punt! I used to have a Box at the Gabba - right next to the Lions Chairman. Cost $22k for 11 Home games - plus catering. Beaut room with 12 seats outside. Catering cost me an extra $1200 every match. Lions are an outside chance of playing in the GF.

11 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Indeed Tauhei. The G is magnificent. In fact, the sporting precinct as a whole is the best in the world and the fact that it’s a 5 minute walk from the heart of the city makes it the best location too. 
Getting back to the G, it’s steeped in history and the Australians do it so well,  honouring their champions with a statue of the greats around the perimeter.  Even Warney has his own statue! (he was always going to get one but I love how the Aussies don’t muck around). The Members is just an incredible viewing spectacle with the ultimate experience having everything catered for.

And as we all know the Aussies LOVE TO PUNT. Every conceivable opportunity they are downstairs in the TAB having a bet. It’s an incredible atmosphere, whether it’s a cricket or an AFL match and having 70 or 80 thousand at the G week in week out is common place, especially for AGL games.

You can’t top 105K screaming fans at an AFL Grand Final. It’s a bucket list item which needs to be experienced at least once in a lifetime.