RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Dropping turnovers

On 9/13/2020 at 11:28 AM, mikenz said:

I would seriously wonder how many big punters come out to play at Methven today,those fields are a minefield.

Wrong again Mikenz. See the numbers above that CP posted which suggests a lot of big players were involved. A very sucessful  day for the club I would say

Greg.

19 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

I'll correct that to close to $1.3 million.

Ok Timaru gallops friday week ago had 12 races and did 950 or something,that's the tote only,so we get mixed messages here,if Methven did 1.3 on tote only I'd say that's pretty good,but then that leaves one confused as I thought harness betting was lower than gallops so what to believe?

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Wrong again Mikenz. See the numbers above that CP posted which suggests a lot of big players were involved. A very sucessful  day for the club I would say

Greg.

Gee so here's the thing that's hard to fathom,lots say they dont bet on nz gallops,they prefer aussie,more consistent form,info etc etc,Methven had a heap of races with not much to go on  form wise, gee it's all got me confused now,I wonder what some of the Addington meetings on sundays did turnover wise,maybe what attracted some is the larger exotic pools,places like Methven produce big divvys.

7 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Gee so here's the thing that's hard to fathom,lots say they dont bet on nz gallops,they prefer aussie,more consistent form,info etc etc,Methven had a heap of races with not much to go on  form wise, gee it's all got me confused now,I wonder what some of the Addington meetings on sundays did turnover wise,

Why do you spend so much time wondering and hypothesizing about Turnover and betting behaviour when by your own admission you dont bet anymore??

The fact of the matter is that currently people are punting on NZ harness each and every week.that then becomes future stakes. TB's have historically higher turnovers despite higher costs to owners and from what we have seen their turnovers are higher than previous years also

Recently we've  been led to believe betting on harness is down,then with all the cuts made ,radio,newspaper,staff cuts etc,flagging interest,what does one believe,as for stakes will they go up,no guarantee of that,NzTab may choose to put the operation side of things in a more profitable position for now, no one knows.

11 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Recently we've  been led to believe betting on harness is down,then with all the cuts made ,radio,newspaper,staff cuts etc,flagging interest,what does one believe,as for stakes will they go up,no guarantee of that,NzTab may choose to put the operation side of things in a more profitable position for now, no one knows.

Your listening and reading stuff on social media that is clearly wrong re betting turnovers.Forget that nonsense and base your future assumptions on what the actual codes release. They actually know the numbers.

Greg

Just now, JJ Flash said:

Your listening and reading stuff on social media that is plainly wrong re betting turnovers.Forget that nonsense and base your assumptions on what the relevant codes release. They actually know the numbers.

greg

This is social media here remember,so when the experts say that clubs at Palmy North and Dunedin,Gore,Wyndham are not viable in the present setup that they may be right.

3 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Your listening and reading stuff on social media that is clearly wrong re betting turnovers.Forget that nonsense and base your future assumptions on what the actual codes release. They actually know the numbers.

Greg

Social media can be addictive over time but I'm not on facebook,Twitter snapchat or any of those other crap places,this place is one of the few places I bother with,internet is fine but one needs balance.

39 minutes ago, mikenz said:

Social media can be addictive over time but I'm not on facebook,Twitter snapchat or any of those other crap places,this place is one of the few places I bother with,internet is fine but one needs balance.

I was more referring to other racing forums when it comes to propaganda re diminished turnovers etc. Most have not got a clue whats really happening until the official numbers come through. They are too busy being grumpy about being restricted or no Trackside radio etc I'm sure you and others get the picture.

Greg

On 9/15/2020 at 11:43 AM, JJ Flash said:

Why do you spend so much time wondering and hypothesizing about Turnover and betting behaviour when by your own admission you dont bet anymore??

The fact of the matter is that currently people are punting on NZ harness each and every week.that then becomes future stakes. TB's have historically higher turnovers despite higher costs to owners and from what we have seen their turnovers are higher than previous years also

Wonder what the Ascot Park figures were for yesty, 8 races,small fields,its the kind of meeting that passes by without noticing sometimes.

You do wonder what effect the fiscal fallout will have on many things looking ahead.

12 hours ago, mikenz said:

Wonder what the Ascot Park figures were for yesty, 8 races,small fields,its the kind of meeting that passes by without noticing sometimes.

You do wonder what effect the fiscal fallout will have on many things looking ahead.

Got to remember trainers and drivers are not allowed to get now on their horses or any other horse in a race they compete in. Does anyone know how much stable money was lost with the new betting rules ?

11 hours ago, 2Piper said:

Got to remember trainers and drivers are not allowed to get now on their horses or any other horse in a race they compete in. Does anyone know how much stable money was lost with the new betting rules ?

I can't see how anyone could  answer that question accurately.

Are you sure trainers can't bet on races??

Greg

On 9/18/2020 at 7:32 AM, JJ Flash said:

I can't see how anyone could  answer that question accurately.

Are you sure trainers can't bet on races??

Greg

Surely mot the races that are involved with (Trainers ).

It's like hard to know if connections are actually confident with their runners. Purdon stable use to back the the one  big ,  approx 15 minutes before race when based up in Auckland, after the move South approx 45 minutes  before the race. Had  the inkling that Avana was ready for a big one Thursday night but I initially left that race alone which meant leaving the Quaddie alone .Didn't touch it until Only In America won (race 2). I used to watch the tire big-time and record movements. Forbury Park had betting patterns too. You could follow them with more asssurance .