RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Caulfield Stakes?

21 minutes ago, pakari said:

R1 on Saturday is a handicap not the Caulfield Stakes which is on 10 October

I'm really wondering why it is called the Neds Same Race Multi in Australia, but someone in the NZ TAB thought it would be a good idea to change the name to the Caulfield Stakes. A bit like an Australian TAB changing the name of a maiden race at Riccarton this weekend to the NZ Cup.

I imagine they get the tea boy to change the names of some of the Australian races each week before he does the dishes. And as any knowledge of or interest in racing is actively discouraged as a prerequisite for working at the TAB, he probably had no idea there was actually a real race called the Caulfield Stakes, and as pakari points out it is held on 10 Oct.

They can't advertise here and we can't advertise them either.

The TAB/Trackside - always cut off the Australian presenters when they start talking about odds from their respective bookmakers. However, they have no problem broadcasting shows like Get On, which showcases Sportsbet and BetEasy (same company). 

I realise they don't like to mention any rival TAB's advertising in race names, but I am mostly staggered at how ignorant and stupid you would have to be to change the name to Caulfield Stakes. I suppose next Caulfield meeting the first race will be called the Caulfield Cup; or perhaps the Melbourne Cup, that has a nice ring about it.