RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dingle

open entry races

14 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

But the most guilty and worst of these bludgers are the one's who signed off the $50,000,000 plus $17,000,000 per annum on that Paddy Power Piece of Shit TAB Web-site. 😡
Every single one involved in that decision should be sacked instantly and sued accordingly!

Thank you Baz for your common sense question and identification of a key issue .

Those "bludgers " as you called them were the previous NZRB board  and its management team. John Allen etc . Winston got rid of the board ,carried out some of the Messarra reports recommendations and introduced a new board to put together a new Racing Act. Sweeping changes under the current mob have seen the bloated cost structure reduced and the move to a more "fit for purpose TAB" Along the way they have obviously had to make some hard decisions , Staff numbers have been cut from 700 to 400 ,services like Trackside radio gone and codes told to reduce venues. As for the new computer system and associated ongoing fees there is very little bar default that the current NZTAB can do Welcome to the new world of racing in NZ. Government will not   default on those fees so the industry is s tuck with them .

Calling me a F Wit as nomates and his supporters have will not make any difference to what ive just posted and what i think about the current  restructuring. That board inherited an absolute disaster and some credit to them for what they have achieved is in order in my book. They should get it for just having to deal with WP alone😃

Greg

15 hours ago, nomates said:

But i know for a fact that you have never interacted on any of these posts or other persons regarding ideas to improve things ,

What rubbish Grumpy, probably did not agree with your posts or their content and let it slip by .

FYG  i dont read all the posts but do carry on abusing people and being negative and grumpy ,  that's where  i see you achieving excellence.

Greg

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

What rubbish Grumpy, probably did not agree with your posts or their content and let it slip by .

FYG  i dont read all the posts but do carry on abusing people and being negative and grumpy ,  that's where  i see you achieving excellence.

Greg

Agreed JJ ,far too much negativity coming from the padded cell in the CD.

But he right on one thing....racing/TAB needs more revenue ,but among the rhetoric his idea of  having more horses and more races which will lead to more betting ,I'm not so sure this that easy.

As he's been giving helpful advice to administrators for years ,I'm surprised he doesn't hold some prominent position where he can sort out the chaos other that just dominating this site and denigrating others opinions !

He does seem well rounded in racing......an I've done it all person.....!

15 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

But he right on one thing....racing/TAB needs more revenue ,but among the rhetoric his idea of  having more horses and more races which will lead to more betting ,I'm not so sure this that easy.

As he's been giving helpful advice to administrators for years ,I'm surprised he doesn't hold some prominent position where he can sort out the chaos other that just dominating this site and denigrating others opinions !

God this is all we need , Bill and Ben the flower pot men , working in collusion . But the comedy act needs a bit of work .

37 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Thanks Gary, im sure that the current RITA/NZTAB board get offered lots of free advice.  Perhaps  Nomates has not had his ideas implemented. Mind you when i suggested to him that the demise of Trackside radio had seen punters migrate to watching/listening to races on TAB phone app or PC version he replied

"I would suggest your survey that " the vast majority of people own and use these these on a regular basis " , is flawed . I know of no one who uses these devices , and i would know large numbers of punters "

So people dont use mobiles and PC's  to punt and watch races?. I rest my case.

Greg

26 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Thanks Gary, im sure that the current RITA/NZTAB board get offered lots of free advice.  Perhaps  Nomates has not had his ideas implemented. Mind you when i suggested to him that the demise of Trackside radio had seen punters migrate to watching/listening to races on TAB phone app or PC version he replied

"I would suggest your survey that " the vast majority of people own and use these these on a regular basis " , is flawed . I know of no one who uses these devices , and i would know large numbers of punters "

So people dont use mobiles and PC's  to punt and watch races?. I rest my case.

Greg

C'mon Greg , as usual you don't let facts get in the way . I didn't say people don't use PC's and mobiles , i said the vast majority of those people who could no longer listen to radio have not migrated to using them . Do you actually understand the demographic that punts on NZ racing , because at the moment you are yet again showing your lack of knowledge about the industry that we are discussing on this forum . NZ punters are by in large , middle aged and older and  mostly male , one of the reasons racing has stagnated , along with poor business decisions by our management , That population is decreasing and we having been slow in not attracting enough of the younger population , you know the ones who are savvy to using the phones and PC's . How many TAB's have you ever been into , how many race days , not the glam ones , have you been to . I have been to hundreds over the last 20 years , i know the demographic , i'm one of them , so are hundreds of people i've got to know over the years , at the races , in pubs and clubs and TAB's , these punters , the vast majority , don't migrate to PC's and phone apps , they stop punting when they have their ability to follow their money withdrawn .

30 minutes ago, nomates said:

I didn't say people don't use PC's and mobiles ,

You did as i quoted you verbatim above but feel free to change your story.

I can tell you factually that of the large group of regular punters i associate with and we are all late 50's and 60s everyone bets on their phones and likewise watches or listens to races on same device if not in front of a TV or at a TAB. Please dont go on about people not being to be able to afford Sky. As Leggy/Curious pointed out to you it costs $19 a month. If you cant afford that should you be betting at all?

You obviously need to get out more and observe how young people gamble be it on racing or sports- all by apps. So easy and also the way forward which thankfully the current NZTAB board has recognized

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I would suggest your survey that " the vast majority of people own and use these these on a regular basis " , is flawed

That is what i said .

Where does it say that i think people don't use PC's and mobiles ? You are definitely the one changing stories .

Please dont go on about people not being to be able to afford Sky. As Leggy/Curious pointed out to you it costs $19 a month. If you cant afford that should you be betting at all?

And why am i not in the least bit surprised see that you feel in your usual superior way that you have a right judge a persons financial and personal situation and decisions . You have shown in that one sentence your character , or more your lack of character .

You obviously need to get out more and observe how young people gamble be it on racing or sports- all by apps. So easy and also the way forward which thankfully the current NZTAB board has recognized

Yes i agree the way forward and while they may have recognized it , it was recognized way too late , we don't have enough of the younger generations engaged , we have missed the boat .

I can tell you factually that of the large group of regular punters i associate with and we are all late 50's and 60s everyone bets on their phones and likewise watches or listens to races on same device if not in front of a TV or at a TAB

I'm pleased for you that you are living in retirement facility that has so many like minded pale , stale , white males as your self .

33 minutes ago, nomates said:

That is what i said .

Where does it say that i think people don't use PC's and mobiles ? You are definitely the one changing stories .

And why am i not in the least bit surprised see that you feel in your usual superior way that you have a right judge a persons financial and personal situation and decisions . You have shown in that one sentence your character , or more your lack of character .

Yes i agree the way forward and while they may have recognized it , it was recognized way too late , we don't have enough of the younger generations engaged , we have missed the boat .

I'm pleased for you that you are living in retirement facility that has so many like minded pale , stale , white males as your self .

Usual nonsense reply  Changing your story from elsewhere and trying to personally demean other posters. Wrong on last part but no surprise as you've mastered that with aplomb

Greg

9 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

I can tell you factually that of the large group of regular punters i associate with and we are all late 50's and 60s everyone bets on their phones and likewise watches or listens to races on same device if not in front of a TV or at a TAB. Please dont go on about people not being to be able to afford Sky. As Leggy/Curious pointed out to you it costs $19 a month. If you cant afford that should you be betting at all?

Greg

I watch the races on my TAB NSW account. When in Sydney I turned the radio on at 6.30 am and listened to it all day on a Saturday. I would have struggled to do that with my phone. 

The racing on the radio is bread and butter to many. Bring it back and sack the guy who got rid of it. 

16 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

Sorry JJ but you're dreaming if you think the loss of trackside radio on the airwaves has been catered for by the new app or ROVA or however ever you get trackside nowadays.  It's hands down the worse decision made by the current regime.  I won't blame them for a second for anything to do with the website, I agree that was the responsibility of a previous regime that got them into this mess.  But no trackside radio is simply absurd and having an awful impact on the sport, I'm sure like others many are seeing that on a daily basis .

No radio is bullsh1t. 

I drive a truck, it isn’t new so no phone connection. I am probably not the only punter with an old vehicle....

Using Rova flattens phone battery, and often hit out of signal areas in my work. 

Also radio is easier and better volume. 

3 hours ago, Huey said:

Sorry JJ but you're dreaming if you think the loss of trackside radio on the airwaves has been catered for by the new app or ROVA

Interesting reply Huey. Heres my take on things.

The incoming mob had to cut costs as requested by all in the industry  and WP. On a cost benefit  basis the numbers obviously did not stack up, i read somewhere the cost was in excess of 3 mio per annum. A  service is there  on the TAB app, PC, Sky and Rova to listen and or watch races. Plenty of choice but what you are probably alluding to is the CHANGE which hits people especially oldies. You and others will no doubt recall the hue and cry when minimum bet amount was doubled. Like most things no-one says a thing about it now.

Greg

I am a bit saddened that this thread started out with several people discussing specific issues and suggesting constructive solutions, as they often do, and then Flash and Tasman pop up and start resorting to personal abuse, as they often do. This is the sort of thing they has gradually driven many people off here and stifled constructive criticism and discussion.

We are fortunate to have several people on here with an obvious deep knowledge of the racing industry and I enjoy their informed comments. I think the industry has been poorly managed for many years and the consequences of that are obvious for all to see. The industry as a whole should be grateful that some people are trying to hold management to account. If the industry had enough money to be able to afford some "expert" consultants the first thing they would tell management would be to establish a dialogue with industry participants and communicate the reasoning behind their decisions much better.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

The incoming mob had to cut costs as requested by all in the industry  and WP. On a cost benefit  basis the numbers obviously did not stack up, i read somewhere the cost was in excess of 3 mio per annum. A  service is there  on the TAB app, PC, Sky and Rova to listen and or watch races. Plenty of choice but what you are probably alluding to is the CHANGE which hits people especially oldies. You and others will no doubt recall the hue and cry when minimum bet amount was doubled. Like most things no-one says a thing about it now.

Greg

I think this is significantly more of a change than the minimum bet,  this is taking out the front window,  it's madness really. The amount of people in the industry who have no idea what's going on without the radio is a worry.  If it was that good an idea to dump the radio Australia would have done it years before us and they get very little wrong when it comes to running their industry IMO. 

cheers

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I am a bit saddened that this thread started out with several people discussing specific issues and suggesting constructive solutions, as they often do, and then Flash and Tasman pop up and start resorting to personal abuse, as they often do. This is the sort of thing they has gradually driven many people off here and stifled constructive criticism and discussion.

We are fortunate to have several people on here with an obvious deep knowledge of the racing industry and I enjoy their informed comments. I think the industry has been poorly managed for many years and the consequences of that are obvious for all to see. The industry as a whole should be grateful that some people are trying to hold management to account. If the industry had enough money to be able to afford some "expert" consultants the first thing they would tell management would be to establish a dialogue with industry participants and communicate the reasoning behind their decisions much better.

Put your body protective gear on mate , there will be incoming shortly .

2 hours ago, Huey said:

I think this is significantly more of a change than the minimum bet,  this is taking out the front window,  it's madness really. The amount of people in the industry who have no idea what's going on without the radio is a worry.  If it was that good an idea to dump the radio Australia would have done it years before us and they get very little wrong when it comes to running their industry IMO. 

cheers

Every stable i worked in had the radio on in the afternoon to listen to the races , if the stable had a runner you would have rushed in to watch it on TV . The studs i worked on thru the 80's again always had a radio on in the stables or if you were working in the bale with the vet or farrier , again we always had a pocket radio on hand . 

Just how many radio station actually carry horse racing in Aus , must be in the hundreds i reckon . 

11 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

As these bad decisions keep being made by the idiot SUITS.... turnover keeps falling and they wonder why??? :rolleyes:
3 million per year for Racing Radio is cheap marketing.
Sadly they never blinked an eye at spending $50,000,000 plus $17,000,000 per year for the next 10 years to maintain a worse TAB WebShite when the previous was more than sufficient for NZ Racing !

41 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Just sliding back to the original subject for a moment. Rating 67 at Riccarton Saturday, so of course they run it for $30,000 as its open entry. Good for connections with runners, but surely they would have attracted the same field for $20,000. 

It's a bit of a lucky dip at the moment , but they seem to think it's working so good luck to them .

I see the trainers already voting with their feet at Riccarton this weekend. 5 of the horses from about rating 60 down already scratched from the rating 98. Who can blame them? Poor buggers probably thought they would end up in something like a rating 64, which NZTR would have been very reluctant to run as they would have had to run it for $30,000. What a bloody shambles.

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

I see the trainers already voting with their feet at Riccarton this weekend. 5 of the horses from about rating 60 down already scratched from the rating 98. Who can blame them? Poor buggers probably thought they would end up in something like a rating 64, which NZTR would have been very reluctant to run as they would have had to run it for $30,000. What a bloody shambles.

Bit of a mess really , there is a 14 point gap between the 7th and 8th rated horse , supposedly a 7kg difference but they are both on 54kg , makes it very tough on the lower rated horses . when there is an such and obvious gap in ratings then it should be split . 

Continue on this path and it will cost the industry not only horses but owners as well . 

The hardest thing in racing to replace now is owners .

absolutely spot on

these Owners have been paying training / racing costs for these mudlarks since January

say another 2 starts before the tracks firm up.....costs for season will be approx 30 K 

back in January these Owners would have been very optimistic that with a range of 72 and 82 races .....they could have had a few placings and maybe a win......offsetting some of the 30K

with the Open races many horses in the 66 to 80 bracket have earnt zilch

So in a months time when everyones smiling and focussing on Summer racing..............hundreds of Owners of these mudlarks will be making the Hard decision about their mudlark

will they go again next year....and risk the shambles of this season

1 hour ago, Roger Sugrue said:

absolutely spot on

these Owners have been paying training / racing costs for these mudlarks since January

say another 2 starts before the tracks firm up.....costs for season will be approx 30 K 

back in January these Owners would have been very optimistic that with a range of 72 and 82 races .....they could have had a few placings and maybe a win......offsetting some of the 30K

with the Open races many horses in the 66 to 80 bracket have earnt zilch

So in a months time when everyones smiling and focussing on Summer racing..............hundreds of Owners of these mudlarks will be making the Hard decision about their mudlark

will they go again next year....and risk the shambles of this season

They will have to go back next year as that will probably be their last chance to find opportunities for a traditional winter horse. After that they will need to find something that can go around week after week on an all weather white elephant at Riccarton.