RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dingle

open entry races

38 minutes ago, Tony said:

Is Bernard leading us blindly down the garden path again. On Saturday morning he was very upbeat about the the turn overs being so good. Where are they hiding the turn over figures these days. We should be able to see these and the splits between Fixed Odds and tote and Bernard should be able to tell us the profit from these turn overs each week. The TAB is selling bets but are they making any money now that they have forced  a lot of bettors to the minimal margins of Fixed Odds. At the moment it is like a sheep farmer saying how great his wool clip is but he is selling it for less than the cost of production. So no profit. This could explain why there is no stake money shown for races after the end of September. 

I also notice for the races at New Plymouth on Friday no stake money shown for the Open Entry races. This is pathetic. How is a Trainer suppose to enter a horse with the Stake money advertised as $0 

Way too many questions for one man to answer , well for BS anyway . Cut the man a break .

2 hours ago, Tony said:

Is Bernard leading us blindly down the garden path again. On Saturday morning he was very upbeat about the the turn overs being so good. Where are they hiding the turn over figures these days. We should be able to see these and the splits between Fixed Odds and tote and Bernard should be able to tell us the profit from these turn overs each week. The TAB is selling bets but are they making any money now that they have forced  a lot of bettors to the minimal margins of Fixed Odds. At the moment it is like a sheep farmer saying how great his wool clip is but he is selling it for less than the cost of production. So no profit. This could explain why there is no stake money shown for races after the end of September. 

I also notice for the races at New Plymouth on Friday no stake money shown for the Open Entry races. This is pathetic. How is a Trainer suppose to enter a horse with the Stake money advertised as $0 

Funny no stake money for what races they haven't had time to work out what races are available for trainers to prepare a horse for that owners are shelving out money hand over fist to keep going.

I notice no rating 65s at Riccarton this weekend, all open entry races. All listed at $30,000. In the North Island if they split open entry fields based on numbers and run a 68 for instance that race still runs for $30,000. It will be interesting if they do the same in the South.

Sorry JJ Flash but I have to agree with "Nomates". This is not negative but a fact. NZTR have a CEO with no business experience. Has never owned a race horse and has no intention to yet he is in charge of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing. Racing's participants have been very complacent and compliant with what we have been told over the years. If we carry on down this track of no accountability for statements from those in charge then we have no future. Statements like "turnovers are going very well" are being made by Bernard to buy time and throw people in to that compliant state. To keep Trainers lining up their horses.  Remember the 17 million per year to Paddy Power, That's 1.4 million per month off the top. Then Salaries would be a similar amount, then all the other running costs. I can't see much left for Stakes. We need transparency now. Not when we hit wall again. 

16 minutes ago, Tony said:

Sorry JJ Flash but I have to agree with "Nomates". This is not negative but a fact. NZTR have a CEO with no business experience. Has never owned a race horse and has no intention to yet he is in charge of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing. Racing's participants have been very complacent and compliant with what we have been told over the years. If we carry on down this track of no accountability for statements from those in charge then we have no future. Statements like "turnovers are going very well" are being made by Bernard to buy time and throw people in to that compliant state. To keep Trainers lining up their horses.  Remember the 17 million per year to Paddy Power, That's 1.4 million per month off the top. Then Salaries would be a similar amount, then all the other running costs. I can't see much left for Stakes. We need transparency now. Not when we hit wall again. 

Well said hit the nail on the coffin there

6 minutes ago, Tony said:

I find myself having to agree with Tony agreeing with Nomates. I don't consider any of these people negative. I think the contribution from 7 or 8 people on here is reasonably well informed and intended to help the industry. No one from NZTR ever comes on here to discuss or dispute any of the statements made by participants in this discussion. I am sure people would think much more highly of them if someone from NZTR was to come on here and explain some of their decisions.

Most people on here don't generally make broad unsubstantiated statements, they usually refer to specifics, such as my contribution 4 or 5 places above. Sometimes there may be a reasonable explanation for a decision that most of us find strange, or incompetent, but how are we to know if no one is to share that explanation with us.

Flash might think the industry would suddenly come right if everyone was to be positive and get in behind our leadership, but unfortunately that leadership doesn't inspire me with confidence. No one would be happier than me if they were to suddenly start making brilliant decisions.

42 minutes ago, Tony said:

Keep agreeing with him then as that's your prerogative but did you actually read what i said, Nomates is a very negative grumpy person . His posts are usually very negative and hence why i asked the questions i did.

As for "Remember the 17 million per year to Paddy Power" it was a terrible deal done by previous NZRB board and CEO . Nothing anyone can do about it now except take it through to the conclusion of contract.

Greg

27 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I find myself having to agree with Tony agreeing with Nomates. I don't consider any of these people negative. I think the contribution from 7 or 8 people on here is reasonably well informed and intended to help the industry. No one from NZTR ever comes on here to discuss or dispute any of the statements made by participants in this discussion. I am sure people would think much more highly of them if someone from NZTR was to come on here and explain some of their decisions.

Most people on here don't generally make broad unsubstantiated statements, they usually refer to specifics, such as my contribution 4 or 5 places above. Sometimes there may be a reasonable explanation for a decision that most of us find strange, or incompetent, but how are we to know if no one is to share that explanation with us.

Flash might think the industry would suddenly come right if everyone was to be positive and get in behind our leadership, but unfortunately that leadership doesn't inspire me with confidence. No one would be happier than me if they were to suddenly start making brilliant decisions.

I replied specifically about Nomates continual  negative and grumpy posts on this and other forums. Havve a read of his historical posts and you will see where im coming from. Personally I find his posts in the main are repetitive, tedious and boring.

Just my thoughts

Greg

4 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Keep agreeing with him then as that's your prerogative but did you actually read what i said, Nomates is a very negative grumpy person . His posts are usually very negative and hence why i asked the questions i did.

As for "Remember the 17 million per year to Paddy Power" it was a terrible deal done by previous NZRB board and CEO . Nothing anyone can do about it now except take it through to the conclusion of contract.

Greg

What gets me grumpy is Fuckwit people with business knowledge but Fuck all racing knowledge continually coming on and spouting about passionate racing people bagging the people who are dragging the industry down the bog . I and many others have tried to have interactions with these people to pass on information and ideas but they have barely acknowledged the contact , so if they present themselves in such a way then they leave themselves open to heavy criticism .

I post many positive things on both sites , perhaps it is just you choosing to pick and choose which posts of mine you retain in your head . I'm all for change , in fact huge change and we are doomed if we don't achieve . I have posted my ideas , which may not be the saviour off the industry but are put there for discussion . You obviously choose to disregard those posts .

But i know for a fact that you have never interacted on any of these posts or other persons regarding ideas to improve things , perhaps that is because of your sparse racing knowledge you feel you have nothing to contribute .

What i do know about you is you are very good at coming onto the 2 sites and knocking and belittling people using an air of superiority , we have had that conversation in the past haven't we . Perhaps if you interacted and joined in with some cognitive initiatives to improve racing as a whole rather than just knocking someone else's opinion you wouldn't come across as a smart ass knowit all .

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

Have you ever had something positive to say?🤔 You come across consistently as a very grumpy person.

Fuck me , would you let them run a dairy , your the vastly experienced business man . You do understand how much money these twats have squandered . C'mon man now i'm starting to question your business acumen .

52 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

We have all tried to remain positive and get in behind our leadership over many years , but feck it is has been testing . All faith is shot , they have made their bed . 

Just staying positive isn't going to stop the spiral .

Thanks for the support but unfortunately JJ is just a suit supporting more suits .

8 hours ago, Tony said:

Though it's impossible to get any financial info from either NZTR or TABNZ, I suspect that the $0 stakes is because the latter and/or both are pretty much belly up and there is no money for stakes.

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Greg

nomates posts some of the most common sense racing industry business ideas on here!
How many CEO's , NZRB's & R.I.T.A personnel do we have to put up with before their is nothing left in the bank!
They are all at fault past and present over the last 10 years plus....
But the most guilty and worst of these bludgers are the one's who signed off the $50,000,000 plus $17,000,000 per annum on that Paddy Power Piece of Shit TAB Web-site. 😡
Every single one involved in that decision should be sacked instantly and sued accordingly!
This is the number one reason Racing is broke so soon. Not to mention the exorbitant Salaries these corporate pricks receive to make these unbelievable crazy decisions! 😡

7 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Though it's impossible to get any financial info from either NZTR or TABNZ, I suspect that the $0 stakes is because the latter and/or both are pretty much belly up and there is no money for stakes.

Think why no stakes showing is because if only the top rated horse is say 72 the stake will be 11000. So for all open races programmed now they will drop stake level if the rating is lower.

1 hour ago, Baz (NZ) said:

nomates posts some of the most common sense racing industry business ideas on here!
How many CEO's , NZRB's & R.I.T.A personnel do we have to put up with before their is nothing left in the bank!
They are all at fault past and present over the last 10 years plus....
But the most guilty and worst of these bludgers are the one's who signed off the $50,000,000 plus $17,000,000 per annum on that Paddy Power Piece of Shit TAB Web-site. 😡
Every single one involved in that decision should be sacked instantly and sued accordingly!
This is the number one reason Racing is broke so soon. Not to mention the exorbitant Salaries these corporate pricks receive to make these unbelievable crazy decisions! 😡

I think most of the worst ones have gone; and haven't looked back, and don't really give a fuck.

1 minute ago, We're Doomed said:

I think most of the worst ones have gone; and haven't looked back, and don't really give a fuck.

Trying to stay positive here , just for JJ . We really just need to get more racing knowledgeable people making the decisions . We can still use bean counters to add up pennies tho .

11 hours ago, Tony said:

What's really intriguing me is are these better turnovers on an aggregate basis compared to say last year when we had 8 race cards and we are now running 10,11,12 race cards or a per race basis?  I mean it's a no brainer that the total amount punted should be more, surely?  Not to mention there are fewer race meetings in NZ to bet on. So what's really troublesome is comments like that from BS or whoever, with absolutely no detail behind them. 

10 hours ago, nomates said:

Way too many questions for one man to answer , well for BS anyway . Cut the man a break .

Sorry nomates the time for cutting slack has well and truly expired BS has been here more than long enough to get the lie of the green and start sinking some putts. 

5 minutes ago, Huey said:

What's really intriguing me is are these better turnovers on an aggregate basis compared to say last year when we had 8 race cards and we are now running 10,11,12 race cards or a per race basis?  I mean it's a no brainer that the total amount punted should be more, surely?  Not to mention there are fewer race meetings in NZ to bet on. So what's really troublesome is comments like that from BS or whoever, with absolutely no detail behind them. 

I get the impression they hate running 10, 11, 12 race cards, but they are too embarrassed to keep eliminating 50 or 60 horses all the time. 

2 hours ago, Huey said:

It just seems to be impossible to get any clear financial information from either TABNZ or NZTR. Meanwhile, I guess we just keep spending 30-50k a year to keep a horsse in work, You can hardly use the money for an overseas holiday at the moment anyway.