RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Warning

Harness Racing is not an essential service.

Harness Racing is not exempt from Covid 19 ask a family in America where half of them died.            

If people want to keep racing under level 3 then things need to change.                                                   

Level 3 require people to stay in there bubble. A bubble is small family group.                               

When races are held, lots of these bubbles come together from all over the Auckland area, Auckland has the virus and people with the virus have been out and about, who knows if you have been in contact or not. Therefore social distancing and Masks should be worn under these circumstances. Was good to see staff on course at Auckland using masks, unfortunately no drivers wore masks which makes a mockery of the staff wearing them. Watching racing from other countries, many jockeys and drivers are wearing masks.

Trainers and drivers outside the level 3 area, stop worrying if you can go to Auckland, the answer is no! and should stay that way until the level comes down.

This virus is not about owners, trainers or drivers, it’s about all of us and we all need to be taking it seriously, which I don’t think people in Harness Racing are doing with the likes of horses and people traveling between levels and coming together and precautions not being adhered to.

Don’t be selfish people, this about the whole country fighting this thing

Remember, you are televised, you can be seen and the Govt won’t hesitate to close racing down if they don’t like what they see.

If you want racing to continue, and the levels to go down, do your bit for the country as a whole.

Watch Sunday this week, its about complacency of Covid 19 in NZ

First thing her of the waving arms did wrong was to declare 2 alert levels with the "boundary" running between areas of fairy large population e.g. Pukekohe/Tuakau, or Bombay/Pokeno) just 2 examples.    So much easier to treat country as one or if her ego required split alert levels then simplest division surely the natural boundary North & south islands.    Why Invercargill at alert level 2    or any of the south island) beggars belief!    And so easier to "police" I would imagine.

The moment a level 3 was mentioned the goverment should have stated that from now you cant hook up your boat ,horse trailer, car whatever and bugger off out of town this would have given the edge back to the industry to tell trainers drivers jockeys ect you must stay put except for those  to allow them to return home .

1 hour ago, thrillsnspills said:

The moment a level 3 was mentioned the goverment should have stated that from now you cant hook up your boat ,horse trailer, car whatever and bugger off out of town this would have given the edge back to the industry to tell trainers drivers jockeys ect you must stay put except for those  to allow them to return home .

Agree, but I think the Govt thought NZers had more common sense.

@45yearsofharness

Without undermining the harm whatever Covid19 is, Please be mindful we are not America, nor China etc, we are New Zealand with a unique environment like other countries are.

Those countries have widespread use of imitation tobacco products that are slowly but surely been made unlawful & should have been blanket banned in NZ to as they are the cause of many deaths across the world.

The reporting methods of what is Covid 19 across the world is questionable, particularly the testing & symptoms required to state what it is.

Re Masks/ Facecoverings, they are simply a "Guideline" & will never be compulsory wearing as there will always be exemptions & rightly so.

Look up UK Gvt legislation on the use of them.

No one was born with a Mask.

It's natural to breathe naturally & uninhibited.

It's a shame people don't use or carry a Handkerchief. 

There was a reason people were gifted Handkerchiefs & a pair of socks for birthdays & Christmas to prevent the spread of illnesses...maybe we need to go back to those days.

It's most unfortunate a blanket approach has been taken to address an illness that like cancer & influenza will impact on individuals & families in many varied ways, subject to one's individual lifestyle choices.

It's most unfortunate the Tobacco industry & Public Health Officers have evaded accountability for their failures.

Incidentally have you noticed where Imitation Tobacco has been legalised younger people are also having Covid related issues?

I say Racing should ban out right the use of Imitation Tobacco on all racecourses until they are proven to be safe with FDA testing.

Racing needs to look at Health & Safety with the recent Vaping etc bill which should never have been passed as it's crested a bigger Public Health issue for everyone.

May I suggest you look up Juul laboratories, Juul v Philip Morris & PM v BAT ongoing court cases, including that schools across USA are undertaking & look at the wider picture.

Bloomfield, Baker & a few others have FAILED to come clean with the public on what's really causing deaths....as they were the ones who have allowed that rubbish in society in the first place without proper procedures in place.

Any theory works around this given what is really known, which isnt  much 😆 

Interestingly given the amount of data coming from this Event why have we not seen any around those Vaccinated around mortality 🤔 You can guarantee if the figures were favourable this would of made front page news,which tells us they are not. 

19 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Harness Racing is not an essential service.

Harness Racing is not exempt from Covid 19 ask a family in America where half of them died.            

If people want to keep racing under level 3 then things need to change.                                                   

Level 3 require people to stay in there bubble. A bubble is small family group.                               

When races are held, lots of these bubbles come together from all over the Auckland area, Auckland has the virus and people with the virus have been out and about, who knows if you have been in contact or not. Therefore social distancing and Masks should be worn under these circumstances. Was good to see staff on course at Auckland using masks, unfortunately no drivers wore masks which makes a mockery of the staff wearing them. Watching racing from other countries, many jockeys and drivers are wearing masks.

Trainers and drivers outside the level 3 area, stop worrying if you can go to Auckland, the answer is no! and should stay that way until the level comes down.

This virus is not about owners, trainers or drivers, it’s about all of us and we all need to be taking it seriously, which I don’t think people in Harness Racing are doing with the likes of horses and people traveling between levels and coming together and precautions not being adhered to.

Don’t be selfish people, this about the whole country fighting this thing

Remember, you are televised, you can be seen and the Govt won’t hesitate to close racing down if they don’t like what they see.

If you want racing to continue, and the levels to go down, do your bit for the country as a whole.

Watch Sunday this week, its about complacency of Covid 19 in NZ

Masks dont stop Sars Cov 2 and thinking so puts you in harms way. My advice to anyone thats actually worried about this is to lock yourself down with everything you need to survive, going out to the shops isnt part of a successful pandemic strategy and getting takeaways makes absolutely no sense whatsoever ..But where does that get you?  

4 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Looking at Te Aroha races today, Level 2 and jockeys and people on track, all Wearing masks.

Rest my case Harness People in Level 3.

Seeing to do ‘the right thing’ is important i get your point 45, but what about eye protection?  Bit harder to get creative making your own i know..maybe the Harness fraternity could impliment the full face visors used on slushy tracks. Show the  Thoroughbred set how it should be done 🤠 Theres cases in Tokoroa so if i took this seriously i wouldnt be dropping my guard just because Mike Bakers WHO tells me im in level 2

Bald men are in one of the highest risk categories as well  🤔  He should of supplied his medical records as well to help us build a more complete picture... the 38 year old woman in Australia who died with Covid like Flu symptoms last year could of probably told a similar Story if she had of survived 😌 Some serious Flu been going around last few years, like being hit by a Bus was one Florida mans account pre Covid , sounds extreme 

449D81E8-DE31-468E-905E-F216F8C24E9A.png

2 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

@45yearsofharness thanks for sharing.

I see BILL Plaschke is a sports writer in a sport that has been targeted over the yrs by the Tobacco players who have been pushing use of alternatives to traditional smoking,  and have  involved some of the influential names in basketball etc to seek the growth of Medicinal marijuana. Some of those Influential sports players openly declared they have shares in plantations & use it...has any research been undertaken to see if there's a correlation btwn chemical sprays used in processes,  the use of MM, or impact of 2nd hand inhalation of these Alternatives to Tobacco & Covid 19 & how it may spread?

It's a known fact that Kevin Burns has openly spoken out that the industry knowingly have carried out parallel ads to the ole tobacco ads to encourage pple to use Imitation products as tobacco was frowned upon & Smokefree legislation was introduced which resulted in a downturn of profits..

Are you aware that many of the universities have funds provided by the Tobacco industry to undertake research, oft in support of the industry which has been forced to establish alternative income revenues?

I understand Auckland University & the Team who are calling the shots for research on Covid19/ Coronavirus is one such group funded by the Tobacco industry which you may or may not be aware of.

It's observed there's little distinction made btwn "the 4 common symptoms" pple may have for Influenza, Bronchial Pneumonia - an equally as debilitating illness that can drag on for over 18 months regardless of age, Rheumatic fever & other illnesses which are present across the world & that of Covid19 / Coronavirus which hasn't helped anyone.

If you have a chance, and haven't already, read the "Epidemic Commission Report 1919" on the Spanish Influenza that Mr Edward Mitchelson of Auckland had input in.

It mentions about masks, outdoor use, crowded racecourses - if only we had those these days - and a swag of relevant points we should reflect on in these vastly different times.

It's quoted in the Andrew Borrowdale/ Crown JR decision & is a good educational tool for all to learn from.

It's freely available online in the AtoJ section of our National library.

I'm still trying to source the other 643 page report on it. 

Take care