RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Across the line

Jumper of the year

Can someone explain why Tallyho Twinkletoe is not nominated for Jumper of the year?

He won the Australian Grand National hurdles and steeples as well as a jumps race at Wanganui in the last racing year.

I understood the rule was they had to be either trained by a NZ trainer If they went to aussie or have been stabled and have a race in NZ for an NZ trainer for them to qualify. Which he has done.

And before someone posts he was under Patrick Payne’s name in Aussie.... it was ok when Sea King shared the Jumper of the year award to have the same training set up.

Me thinks someone at NZTR has not done their homework.

I thought the same for the Sprinter - Miler Category....

THE MITIGATOR  never got a nomination either ?

2ND 1400m Group 3 RED BADGE SPRING SPRINT 🏆
2ND 1600m Group 2 GARTSHORE TAURANGA STAKES 🏆
1ST 1600m Group 3 EAGLE TECHNOLOGY STAKES 🏆
1ST 1600m Group 1 HARCOURTS THORNDON MILE 🏆
2ND 1400m Group 1 BCD GROUP SPRINT 🏆
4TH 1600m Group 2 ULTIMATE MAZDA JAPAN TROPHY 🏆

11 minutes ago, soliloquy said:

How could you have him over Te Akau Shark, Avantage, or Melody Belle though? If you're going to include The Mitigator you may as well have Wyndspelle too. 

Definitely ridiculous that Tallyhoe misses out though :(((

Julius was nominated though ?

8 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Julius was nominated though ?

Yeah, I think he might have been included because he's a cool horse and has a great story. On paper though he has a similar record to The Mitigator/Wyndspelle imo, so I don't really know if he should be there either personally

Ablaze flying the flag for nz and his sire Raise the flag along with flying agent riding high and cant forget Sydney cup winner Etah James, the nz jumpers been cashing in on top stakes over there, and the Australian trainers just seem to know who to train the breed, I know he had 5 stakes winners a while back, may have had 1 in nz.