RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Bugger!

I understand the Marlborough racetrack has been placed in some sort of trust which makes it untouchable. At a value of about $20m that was probably the second biggest target after Avondale.

The asset stripping isn't going too good so far. Perhaps just sell off the TAB. You wouldn't get much for the Intellectual Property, and they don't own their own buildings anymore, but you might get something for some used vehicles and a bit of office furniture.

19 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I understand the Marlborough racetrack has been placed in some sort of trust which makes it untouchable. At a value of about $20m that was probably the second biggest target after Avondale.

The asset stripping isn't going too good so far. Perhaps just sell off the TAB. You wouldn't get much for the Intellectual Property, and they don't own their own buildings anymore, but you might get something for some used vehicles and a bit of office furniture.

Might just have to make an offer to someone to take it off their hands , bit of a reno project now as is the whole of NZ racing .

Always thinking us Tasman folk......one step ahead of the others !

Held the Ranfurly shield at one time......a lot of good wine grown here and produces several good sportsman.

Had a bitter feud with Nelson over the the establishment of Tasman Rugby.....at the time Nelson had more and better players but Marlborough had the ground [asset].

The unhappy marriage eventually came right it appears ,as Tasman won Championship last year.Of course good old Canterbury cashed in the situation and saw the great potential of the situation so Tasman a big help to the Crusaders cause !

But Marlborough still not too happy with Tasman merger....if Mikie's response on here during lockdown any indication.

Harness in area could have followed suit , but to be fair the region including West Coast/Kaikoura have had a collaborative body in recent times !Too little too late ???

This thread may flush Mikie out again !

Of course Marlborough harness often represented at the top table of Harness New Zealand.

Always thinking.....a few years back they tried standing starts over a mile in harness.....how Mikie mocked when the ATC tried it last year !

5 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Always thinking us Tasman folk......one step ahead of the others !

Held the Ranfurly shield at one time......a lot of good wine grown here and produces several good sportsman.

Had a bitter feud with Nelson over the the establishment of Tasman Rugby.....at the time Nelson had more and better players but Marlborough had the ground [asset].

The unhappy marriage eventually came right it appears ,as Tasman won Championship last year.Of course good old Canterbury cashed in the situation and saw the great potential of the situation so Tasman a big help to the Crusaders cause !

But Marlborough still not too happy with Tasman merger....if Mikie's response on here during lockdown any indication.

Harness in area could have followed suit , but to be fair the region including West Coast/Kaikoura have had a collaborative body in recent times !Too little too late ???

This thread may flush Mikie out again !

Of course Marlborough harness often represented at the top table of Harness New Zealand.

Always thinking.....a few years back they tried standing starts over a mile in harness.....how Mikie mocked when the ATC tried it last year !

Great , your back on board , so you'll be coming up with those facts and figures to be backing up your argument from the other day . Looking forward to perusing them .

19 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Might not be the only thing that's not going to well , any news on turnover ? I  note that no stakes are advertised after the end of September .

1 hour ago, nomates said:

Great , your back on board , so you'll be coming up with those facts and figures to be backing up your argument from the other day . Looking forward to perusing them .

Just back from fact finding trip of South Island ,my second such trip this year ,touring one of the most amazing places on earth .....the province of Otago and in particular Central Otago.

Have you ever been there ?

And what exactly do you want from me to support my arguments ,which I view as my personal opinions from an enthusiastic participant.

Last time I looked I put my trousers on the same way as most others on here.

I'm always willing to comment on things I have have personally experienced over the years and support them with relevant facts.

If anyone doesn't like my posts ,then I'd politely ask they don't read em.

Tell me what you want my opinion on and I'll do my best if I think it worth wasting time on ......tell me what your area of expertise is ,what your pedigree is.

There are a lot of 'weird' people out there .....keyboard warriors , educated direlects !

Got things to do today.

40 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

And what exactly do you want from me to support my arguments ,which I view as my personal opinions from an enthusiastic participant.

You know what i want from you , facts and figures to back up your statement that the smaller race tracks need to be closed as they " are sucking the industry dry " . That's a statement not a personal opinion .

I'm always willing to comment on things I have have personally experienced over the years and support them with relevant facts.

Right so you have commented on it so back it up with the relevant facts .

If anyone doesn't like my posts ,then I'd politely ask they don't read em.

It's not about liking or disliking your posts , you posted something , i questioned it . So if you don't like having your opinions questioned , then i'd politely ask don't post .

43 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Tell me what you want my opinion on and I'll do my best if I think it worth wasting time on

Well your already wasting your time if you are going to comment on industry issues without backing them up with facts . your also wasting everyone elses time .

45 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

tell me what your area of expertise is ,what your pedigree is.

My pedigree is pure and proud working class . My " expertise " and what gives me the knowledge to question your statements is 40 years of hands on most aspects of the galloping code , bar track riding . I don't know everything but i have very good understanding and of love of horses .

52 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

There are a lot of 'weird' people out there .....keyboard warriors , educated direlects !

Well i hope you are looking in the mirror .

52 minutes ago, tasman man 11 said:

Last time I looked I put my trousers on the same way as most others on here.

I'm sure that is with the aid of your support person .

You have a good day today doing whatever " things " you have to do today . lets hope it's not passing on you knowledge of racing .