RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Cambridge Breached

It’s not a breach if they did this before 12noon on Wednesday.  Good on them for thinking outside the square. Horse movements were clearly posted on the HRNZ fields for Waikato.

8 minutes ago, Holly said:

It’s not a breach if they did this before 12noon on Wednesday.  Good on them for thinking outside the square. Horse movements were clearly posted on the HRNZ fields for Waikato.

Its not about the horses, its about the people, and that is why road blocks were in place early Wednesday morning.

No problem with the horses being there, but the people should not be.

27 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Its not about the horses, its about the people, and that is why road blocks were in place early Wednesday morning.

No problem with the horses being there, but the people should not be.

I know in two cases the trainers won’t be there but the horses will. Remember the border is just out of Pukekohe. Stables in Waikato looking after horses.

27 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

3 hours ago, hsvman said:

Cambridge shouldn’t even race,  not just because of Covid because of the terrible stakes and shit facilities they have 

I feel lucky to be able to watch my horse have its first start tomorrow on her 2nd full prep this year, the 1st ending with previous covid outbreak. While the stables are poor compared to Auckland and Addington (but no worse than many other clubs) I much prefer watching races there than any other NI track. Closer to horses and good view of track from multiple places. Don't have to be a member to enjoy tiered dining/viewing. Of course as an owner I would like higher stakes but the club has to be fiscally responsible and can only work within its income stream. The stakes not that bad - as long as don't get same rating penalty as Auckland!. 

Only group anyone should have a go at are the South Auckland family who were sick for 7 days and then decided to have a holiday before they thought  maybe we should get tested .

Family hold your head in shame !

So what's the problem?

By Michael Guerin

Some smart thinking and a trip around the corner has provided a stable of Pukekohe horses with a chance to race today that they wouldn’t have had from home.

Today’s Cambridge meeting will go ahead after the fields were totally re-drawn yesterday morning with all the Auckland region-based horses withdrawn, leaving a meeting made up of mainly Waikato and Central Districts horses.

But included among those starting today will be several horses actually trained in the Auckland region but whose trainers took the opportunity to move them, in one case just a few hundred metres.

Pukekohe trainer Derek Balle moved the horses he wanted to start at today’s meeting 800m around the corner to stay at the property of fellow trainer Paulette Screen, who property while so is officially in Waikato.

Trainers are allowed to, and often do for campaigns further from home, stable horses with other trainers, having to lodge an official horse movement notice which is listed on the Harness Racing New Zealand website directly under the fields.

That means Balle’s transferred horses can compete today because they are already domiciled in Waikato and can travel to and from the race with Balle’s stable worker Owen Gillies, who also lives just south of the border.

“I spoke to stipendiary steward Steve Mulcay and he said there was no issue with it,” explains Balle.

“We are talking a few hundred metres but I am officially in Pukekohe so I and anybody who works at my stable couldn’t go to the races and take the horses.

“But Paulette’s property, while it is just around the corner, is in Waikato and Owen lives in Waikato too.

“So we are doing what is best for the owners and giving the horse’s their best chances without any humans having to cross the border between Auckland region and Waikato.”

All overseas studies on racehorse movement have suggested Covid-19 can’t be transferred via the animals.

Balle isn’t the only trainer to take advantage of moving his horses to another property to enable them to race today, with South Auckland trainer Jay Abernethy heading south before the Level 3 curfew on Wednesday to take his horses to the property of

Waikato trainer Robbie Hughes, staying in the region himself so he can drive at today’s meeting.

He as the only Auckland-region based driver to take that opportunity, so the rest of the drivers at today’s meeting will be from south of Pukekohe, predominantly Waikato.

With tomorrow’s Ruakaka thoroughbred meeting cancelled, the next horse meeting in the northern area is scheduled to be Taupo on Wednesday and the latest NZTR information suggests horses from the Auckland region will be permitted to start at Taupo but Auckland region-based staff won’t be able to travel with them.

The latest NZTR regulations state an Auckland-based horse can trial or race outside the region if they are transported to and from the meeting by an independent horse freight company and loaded and unloaded in compliance with Covid-19 protocols.

Horses that travel to meeting outside the area would need to be looked after by a stable worker or trainer based in Waikato or further south and then return back to the Auckland region with any gear which travels with the horse to be disinfected.

With those protocols in place and horse racing and training allowed to continue at Level 3, only a move to Level 4 or a major outbreak inside the racing industry would seem likely to halt the $1.6 billion industry.

With Auckland set to remain at Level 3 for possibly the next 11 days the only horse racing meeting in the region in that time will be at Alexandra Park next Thursday and that should be able to go head but with no public or owners allowed.

All meetings conducted at Level 3 will be staged without any public or owners allowed but meetings in Level 2 regions allow owners to attend.

51 minutes ago, eljay said:

How do you know that.      Did you read Guerin's article?      Surely that explains it quite simply.     

No matter when the travel was conducted, Aucklanders were asked not to travel, even before 12pm Wednesday.

Road blocks where in place early Wednesday morning to stop people leaving, only inconsiderate people would leave after being asked not to.

People  need think of others, no one knows who could have been in contact with a positive person, we are told to treat everyone as if they have it.

My family was very close to being one of the clusters last time, we were on edge for days, once again a family member could be a contact, still waiting to hear.

This is no time for complacency, when people are asked not to do certain things they need to take heed for the good of all those trying to avoid the worst.

Common sense prevails. Less movement means less chance of the virus going places.

Think of others before one makes a selfish or inconsiderate decision