RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

She’s back baby!!!..........

On 8/27/2020 at 10:44 PM, Trump said:

I like him but the way Caulfield favours on pace runners, it doesn’t favour Cascadian - a back runner. Oliver staying with him so I’m picking a big finish at good odds. He will be in my F4/Tri. 

Trumpy right!

Mystic J finished :( Still a great story though and they got about $4m in the tin!

Well well well...... 

That was a bit like watching short stuff v Joseph Parker in a boxing match.  No contest. 

Despite being Jane Ivil’s “pick of the yard” she very quickly started waving the white flag before the home turn had even been reached. 

The breeding barn awaits and with the Group 1 on the cv as well as the All Star Mile she’ll be a valuable broodmare.

Not sure what to make of Rubisaki’s run. She didn’t show her customary turn of foot yesterday and may not have come up this time after a brutal previous campaign winning all those races. 

To make matters worse the Haselgrove Catkin McLaren Vale Shiraz I drank afterwards to drown my sorrows

Very disappointing day indeed! :ph34r:

Edited by scooby3051
Stop Stirring.

4 hours ago, CT"s said:

Well well well...... 

That was a bit like watching short stuff v Joseph Parker in a boxing match.  No contest. 

Despite being Jane Ivil’s “pick of the yard” she very quickly started waving the white flag before the home turn had even been reached. 

The breeding barn awaits and with the Group 1 on the cv as well as the All Star Mile she’ll be a valuable broodmare.

Not sure what to make of Rubisaki’s run. She didn’t show her customary turn of foot yesterday and may not have come up this time after a brutal previous campaign winning all those races. 

To make matters worse the Haselgrove Catkin McLaren Vale Shiraz I drank afterwards to drown my sorrows tasted like a watered down whiskey from Headquarters. Very disappointing day indeed! :ph34r:

Was a tough ask for Rubisaki yesterday fresh up against some quality mares...Perfect Jewel is no slug obviously.

Wouldn’t be writing her off just yet, Paddy will sort her out......👍

Rubisaki sure put in a bad run but I would forgive that run. Many top horses get rolled when they visit Caulfield for the first time. Kingston Town got beaten at his first 2 starts at Caulfield. It can bring them undone - unlike The Valley where first timers seem to handle it ok, especially now with the cambering on the turn. But Caulfield? Forgive Rubisaki that one and id also forgive Pretty Brazen. My eye catching runs from Sat were Glenfiddich ( in first four all way and was very strong through the line) and Cascadian. Also thought Tagaloa was a beauty - I may be wrong but to my eye, Michael Walker seemed to ease up on the vigour 2 strides before the line. I was thinking he thought he had the race won. Maybe Tagaloa had come to the end of its run? 

36 minutes ago, Trump said:

Rubisaki sure put in a bad run but I would forgive that run. Many top horses get rolled when they visit Caulfield for the first time. Kingston Town got beaten at his first 2 starts at Caulfield. It can bring them undone - unlike The Valley where first timers seem to handle it ok, especially now with the cambering on the turn. But Caulfield? Forgive Rubisaki that one and id also forgive Pretty Brazen. My eye catching runs from Sat were Glenfiddich ( in first four all way and was very strong through the line) and Cascadian. Also thought Tagaloa was a beauty - I may be wrong but to my eye, Michael Walker seemed to ease up on the vigour 2 strides before the line. I was thinking he thought he had the race won. Maybe Tagaloa had come to the end of its run? 

Immortal Love and Flying Award were pretty good in that race too Trumpy. I’ll be following Khoekhoe over further.

Michael Walker disqualified on Excelman for weighing in light today, can’t stay out of the news.....
Thought Schabau and Orderofthegarter were very good runs with a view to races down the track.

Some others to follow...ex kiwi My Gold Bracelet, Mr Quickie and Madam Rouge. Rondinella in Sydney.

15 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Immortal Love and Flying Award were pretty good in that race too Trumpy. I’ll be following Khoekhoe over further.

Michael Walker disqualified on Excelman for weighing in light today, can’t stay out of the news.....
Thought Schabau and Orderofthegarter were very good runs with a view to races down the track.

Some others to follow...ex kiwi My Gold Bracelet, Mr Quickie and Madam Rouge. Rondinella in Sydney.

Re the Walker incidence at Sale where he was fined $2k for weighing in a kilo light after bolting in on Excelman, SPORTSBET & TOPSPORTS both refunded bets on the disq horse and paid out on the placegetters! Would the NZ TAB do something like that? 

28 minutes ago, Trump said:

Re the Walker incidence at Sale where he was fined $2k for weighing in a kilo light after bolting in on Excelman, SPORTSBET & TOPSPORTS both refunded bets on the disq horse and paid out on the placegetters! Would the NZ TAB do something like that? 

Very doubtful NZ would refund , got some respect myself for Walker , he's had some ups and downs but must knuckle down hard at times to battle through.  Would really like to see him win Cup on Prince of Aaron this year .

1 hour ago, Red Rum said:

Very doubtful NZ would refund , got some respect myself for Walker , he's had some ups and downs but must knuckle down hard at times to battle through.  Would really like to see him win Cup on Prince of Aaron this year .

He doesn’t get many opportunities re numbers but when he gets one good enough he can ride them. One of my all-time fave jockeys. 

Well CT youve gone v quiet, reckon you'da been all over this site if ' your little sweetheart 'Betty' had done the business. I havent read a post-race report but wouldnt be surprised to learn there's a 'issue' with her that explains why she's a shadow of her former self. //a mystery virus, perhaps has been affecting her breathing, and/or a wind  op required? Who knows..call the chiropractor or the horse whisperer for her. Might be a good idea to avoid all these  Group1s now and try something easier - a lot easier.

On 9/1/2020 at 9:25 AM, Trump said:

No, he was still ok enough to drown his sorrows in the Catkin Shiraz - but probably settled for the basic drop and not the more expensive “Limited Edition”! 

Indeed Ernie. I have developed an “iso addiction” of fine red wine. I’ve always had a penchant for a good red (Church Road Reserve was my fav when I lived in NZ) but lockdown this year has again brought my hobby to the fore. 
Need to find a faster horse than Mystic Journey though for this new expensive hobby! :lol:

16 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

This might cheer him up......😆

Indeed Ohokaman. She ran a good third in her first trial up at Ruakaka (the old man drove up to see that one) and she looks to have improved with this one. 

I see Mick Guerin has been very bullish regarding Avantage winning the Tarzino for a long time now but judging by this latest trial it may not be as cut and dried as he thinks. Obviously she’ll be more potent up in distance but I wouldn’t be surprised if she knocks off the favourite with fresh legs. 

Looking forward to seeing her here in Melbourne for the Cox Plate. B)

On 8/31/2020 at 4:39 AM, NextPlease said:

Is Billy Egan caught out in Saturday grade? He has been riding well at the provincial and country meetings, but I've only seemed to notice his poor rides in the city.

Stats would indicate he rides a similar percentage of winners/placegetters regardless of location:

image.thumb.png.b76ae6d8f97f03f429f4f638e7a2e1a5.png