RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

She’s back baby!!!..........

On 8/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, CT"s said:

No, not Covid. Although that’s back too. :ph34r:

Mystic Journey resumes on Saturday at Caulfield in the P.B. Lawrence (a race she won last year while I was on a plane midway across the Tasman from Melbourne to Auckland).

She didn’t really come up last campaign but ran a huge race at the Valley in March after a long spell and has trialled well since indicating she’s back stronger than ever.

Billy Egan (Victoria’s most in form rider in recent months) has been engaged and she looks a very big chance of making in 3 out of 4 wins at Caulfield. 

Currently paying $4 Fixed. Good punting B)

Don't bother with Mystic Journey anymore CT , check out Great House that Highclere have just brought to bring down , he could be good . Was born 28th Dec so bit stuffed up there for age group , Highclere great selectors of who to bring to OZ , most win something. 

16 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Don't bother with Mystic Journey anymore CT , check out Great House that Highclere have just brought to bring down , he could be good . Was born 28th Dec so bit stuffed up there for age group , Highclere great selectors of who to bring to OZ , most win something. 

Will keep an eye out for Highclere Red Rum but I’m not prepared to write off Mystic Journey just yet.

The race wasn’t run to suit and she was in the worst part of the track. She was actually strong through the line and easily held Regal Power the All Star Mile winner.

A good track and better draw in the Memsie with see a much improved performance. 

Looking forward to seeing more of the promising horse resume in the coming weeks. B)

Wasn't she 3 wide, no cover the day she won the All Star? That's a big win at Flem.

She didn't have much luck on Sat but she doesn't seem to be the horse she was at 3 I'm afraid. Shame cause I think Trinder always placed her well.

I do hope she's back in 2 weeks and proves me wrong though! 

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Not with Paddy Payne doing the prep she won’t......

Think you are right there Dave

Was on course with Chris on Super Saturday in March at Flemington and Chris labelled her as very special and she won on her ear, stunning last 200m - she could be anything 

I think she is a potential star, Group 1 material and with Billy up nothing lost there either 

Bring it on

17 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

Think you are right there Dave

Was on course with Chris on Super Saturday in March at Flemington and Chris labelled her as very special and she won on her ear, stunning last 200m - she could be anything 

I think she is a potential star, Group 1 material and with Billy up nothing lost there either 

Bring it on

Looking good Tom. On track in next couple of weeks.

https://www.racing.com/news/2020-08-18/news-rubisaki-impresses-connections

With no rain and warmer weather forecast for the next few days there is an outside chance Caulfield could be racing on a good track come Saturday.

With the improved track and a run under her belt, all she needs now is a soft draw to be competitive. 

Currently paying $9 Fixed the bookies are keeping her safe. Expect a much improved performance second up from Betty.

Go you good thing! B)

And she draws perfectly at barrier 4 where as this time Savatino will need to come from barrier 11.

Track currently rated soft although a bit of rain forecast for tomorrow with fine weather predicted for Friday and Saturday.

Should definitely be a better track than they had last time.

Go you good thing! B)

When Peter Moody left racing in disgust, he had no equal. Now that he’s back (and on his own terms) he will be a major player despite his small team (by choice). Therefore, you have to respect him when he spruiked Glenfiddich. I’m picking it will go close and also a big 2nd up from Regal Power. 

On 8/16/2020 at 3:59 PM, CT"s said:

I’ve looked at the replay a few times now and in my opinion it’s a complete forgive run for her. 

Billy pushed the button from gates where she sprinted around them 3 wide for a few hundred metres then pulled her back as the pace slackened then asked her for another effort as they sprinted turning for home. The muddling pace of the race didn’t suit her and she was in the worst part of the track where she still ran through the line and easily held Regal Power (last year’s All Star Mile winner). A year older she may also require another run fitness wise. 

Memsie in 2 weeks back on a good track with a better draw (fingers crossed) you should see a much improved effort. Write her off at your own peril. :ph34r:

$11 Fixed odds just means we get a better price. B)

I just love these post-race excuse-makers! If 'Billy' pushed her wide to go forward why not keep the hammer down when the pace slackened rather than ask her to sprint twice? Fact is, CT, you were 'bullish' pre-race despite the wide draw and she let you down. It happens - and I. for one dont think she's 'history' just yet - but as mentioned earlier, many top class fillies don't reach the dizzy heights as an older horse, or at least have an 'off season' as a 4yo . (Couple of Kiwi mares of recent years are examples, Savvy Coup and La Diosa were shadows of themselves as 4yos.) It's all part of the beauty and mystery of racehorse growing/maturing at different speeds and taking on the very best older horses. No one would mind having a slice of her $3.5m earnings though! And she's worth a bomb as a broodmare. Happy days!

Don't worry CT - we all know owners, trainers, and jockeys make the worst punters. We have a living example right in front of us, but then again, that's where weekly budgets come handy.

Back to things that matter; Mystic Journey is a live chance this Saturday, but it's last-chance saloon (saloon). If she can't finish first three, it could be time to retire.

I would confidently back Behemoth, but he's a brute and he might get trapped from the inside barrier. He hasn't reached his full potential yet.

9 hours ago, Mattski said:

Cascadian at double figures!

I like him but the way Caulfield favours on pace runners, it doesn’t favour Cascadian - a back runner. Oliver staying with him so I’m picking a big finish at good odds. He will be in my F4/Tri. 

On 8/26/2020 at 3:26 PM, TurnyTom said:

Looks like MJ into Rubisaki Chris - Bet placed 

Absolutely Tom! Looking forward to seeing Rubisaki’s return tomorrow too. 

Mystic Journey into Rubisaki looks like a very good bet. B)

On 8/26/2020 at 11:15 AM, CT"s said:

And she draws perfectly at barrier 4 where as this time Savatino will need to come from barrier 11.

Track currently rated soft although a bit of rain forecast for tomorrow with fine weather predicted for Friday and Saturday.

Should definitely be a better track than they had last time.

Go you good thing! B)

Track is rated good today after a fair bit of rain yesterday. 

Stunning day in Melbourne with an even better day forecast tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what Betty can do with a better draw and a good track. 

Currently paying $9.50 Fixed.

Go you good thing! B)

19 hours ago, CT"s said:

Track is rated good today after a fair bit of rain yesterday. 

Stunning day in Melbourne with an even better day forecast tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what Betty can do with a better draw and a good track. 

Currently paying $9.50 Fixed.

Go you good thing! B)

She gets her chance to atone for last year today, that draw is ideal, so good luck CT. A good field some of what on paper appear to be threats have drawn wide, with your 500 ew you stand to get a good collect.

22 hours ago, CT"s said:

Absolutely Tom! Looking forward to seeing Rubisaki’s return tomorrow too. 

Mystic Journey into Rubisaki looks like a very good bet. B)

Hi CT , great to see some real good ones back. Strange time year for punting , race fit v horses fresh up v good stayers building up in trip . It's tough . For me horse like She's a Thief  at 15s and 4s worth a small nibble each way . Fit , healthy and consistent might catch a few better ones off guard .

Iam with the earlier post on this thread , Casadian ew , decent 2nd up record including a good grp1 in France at one point . Had a nibble at Grey Lion at Rosehill too , the old bloke looks to be running into bit of form at odds , 1900 an odd on distance at times .

Good Luck today CT , I've written off MJ so am prepared for egg on face .