RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
CT"s

She’s back baby!!!..........

No, not Covid. Although that’s back too. :ph34r:

Mystic Journey resumes on Saturday at Caulfield in the P.B. Lawrence (a race she won last year while I was on a plane midway across the Tasman from Melbourne to Auckland).

She didn’t really come up last campaign but ran a huge race at the Valley in March after a long spell and has trialled well since indicating she’s back stronger than ever.

Billy Egan (Victoria’s most in form rider in recent months) has been engaged and she looks a very big chance of making in 3 out of 4 wins at Caulfield. 

Currently paying $4 Fixed. Good punting B)

19 hours ago, CT"s said:

No, not Covid. Although that’s back too. :ph34r:

Mystic Journey resumes on Saturday at Caulfield in the P.B. Lawrence (a race she won last year while I was on a plane midway across the Tasman from Melbourne to Auckland).

She didn’t really come up last campaign but ran a huge race at the Valley in March after a long spell and has trialled well since indicating she’s back stronger than ever.

Billy Egan (Victoria’s most in form rider in recent months) has been engaged and she looks a very big chance of making in 3 out of 4 wins at Caulfield. 

Currently paying $4 Fixed. Good punting B)

They were all over that Barroca horse at Sale  yesterday CT .

Anything  else you've seen lately worth an eye on .

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

A mate of mine had the inside story on Barocha and I’ve been privy to emails that went back and forth re this horse. Apparently $40k invested from as high as $6. They tested it against a Freedman handy horse in a private trial and it brained the freedman horse. “It’s a Group horse” were some of the comments. The interesting part was that a Jock who knew about the horses ability, denied any knowledge of said horse (I’ve seen email), so my mate “cancelled“ his $500 win bet on it. It won by 7 lengths at Sale in its first race start - as a 4yo! Don’t you just love the racing game. 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Indeed Red Rum. The whole of Australia was on that horse from $6 into odds on. There was a very strong word early on the street for him and he delivered justifying that support. 

Rulership should also win tomorrow. He has strong form from last campaign and has trialled brilliantly. Hydro Star the spruik horse won impressively on debut but the time was not overly flash. Frosty should get the lead easy from a soft draw and dictate to them. Currently paying $3.10 Fixed.

Other horses to keep an eye on are Russian Camelot who would have to be a massive chance in the Caulfield Cup and Surprise Baby who with any given luck this year should win the Melbourne Cup.

Jennifer Eccles is paid up for the Cox Plate and she trialled reasonably well at Ruakaka recently. Look forward to seeing her debut this campaign at Hastings. 

11 minutes ago, Trump said:

A mate of mine had the inside story on Barocha and I’ve been privy to emails that went back and forth re this horse. Apparently $40k invested from as high as $6. They tested it against a Freedman handy horse in a private trial and it brained the freedman horse. “It’s a Group horse” were some of the comments. The interesting part was that a Jock who knew about the horses ability, denied any knowledge of said horse (I’ve seen email), so my mate “cancelled“ his $500 win bet on it. It won by 7 lengths at Sale in its first race start - as a 4yo! Don’t you just love the racing game. 

They were massive on him pre race , I had only just turned TV on and he  was evens,  7s plus bar   ,  Toyed with idea of doubling my meagre account balance at evens but time I logged on it was 1.80 fixed which I thought nah bit short now , but never in doubt , brained them wished I'd got on .

Good to see Sublime Diva won the next as well .

That Premiers Cup Prelude tomorrow , blimey those Sydney stayer ranks threadbare , most horses must have used the gold card for free travel to course , wouldn't be out of place with the old duffers going round at Carnarvan  I think it's this afternoon. Some real old warriors going round on the dirt on that card , decent trainers to keep some of them going in those conditions .

A glorious Winter’s day in Melbourne today after some over night rain. 

Track will be nice and loose to suit Betty perfectly where she is unbeaten on soft tracks (2 from 2).

They’ve pushed her out slightly to $4.20 Fixed. 

Look for her to settle towards the rear half of the field before making her run out wide from the 600. 

Welcome back Mystic Journey!! Go you good thing!! B)

1 hour ago, NextPlease said:

She is clearly not the same horse she once was. However, give her and the likes of Regal Power time. The latter, especially, won't come right until October.

I think that she won a couple of easy Group 1's myself..when against the real top liners she has always been found wanting..JMO.

12 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

I think that she won a couple of easy Group 1's myself..when against the real top liners she has always been found wanting..JMO.

A little unkind. No world beater but did win the All Star Mile beating Hartnell and Allizee. Her Aust Guineas win was against a moderate group. 

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

A little unkind. No world beater but did win the All Star Mile beating Hartnell and Allizee. Her Aust Guineas win was against a moderate group. 

She carried 54kg on that occasion, so perhaps rising in weight and age hasn't been kind. Some youngsters don't come back as older horses and she's on track for that.

On 8/14/2020 at 12:15 PM, Red Rum said:

That Premiers Cup Prelude tomorrow , blimey those Sydney stayer ranks threadbare , most horses must have used the gold card for free travel to course , wouldn't be out of place with the old duffers going round at Carnarvan  I think it's this afternoon. Some real old warriors going round on the dirt on that card , decent trainers to keep some of them going in those conditions .

Hi Red  now theres another great day out  ,They have half price drinks every couple of hours and a couple of bookies ,really friendly critters ,Cheers BH

4 hours ago, Trump said:

OK but as a 3yo she had weight on them...I just think the horse has not really lived up to the hype...not many do....but hey I would still like to have had the ride they have had with her.😃

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

OK but as a 3yo she had weight on them...I just think the horse has not really lived up to the hype...not many do....but hey I would still like to have had the ride they have had with her.😃

“Not really lived up to the hype”? Really?

She’s one of only a handful of fillies to win the Australian Guineas in the last 30 years (Miss Finland and Mosheen the other two). 

She beat Hartnell and Alizee to win the All Star Mile as Ernie has already alluded to. She should’ve won the Makybe Diva (beaten by outsider Gatting who hasn’t won  a race since). She’s won 2 Group 2’s, a couple of listed races and finished within 4 lengths of Lys Gracieux in the Cox Plate. Not to mention nearly $4 million in the bank. 

I’d say 11 wins from 19 starts is more than a pass mark. 

5 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Plenty obviously ignored Savatiano’s fresh up stats...and the fact she had been well backed in the week.....🙄

You gotta love these “post race preachers” :lol:

I’ve looked at the replay a few times now and in my opinion it’s a complete forgive run for her. 

Billy pushed the button from gates where she sprinted around them 3 wide for a few hundred metres then pulled her back as the pace slackened then asked her for another effort as they sprinted turning for home. The muddling pace of the race didn’t suit her and she was in the worst part of the track where she still ran through the line and easily held Regal Power (last year’s All Star Mile winner). A year older she may also require another run fitness wise. 

Memsie in 2 weeks back on a good track with a better draw (fingers crossed) you should see a much improved effort. Write her off at your own peril. :ph34r:

$11 Fixed odds just means we get a better price. B)