RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Meredith Wilsons Back

Not sure whats going on but Meredith has repurchased Wilsons Sports bar off HRNZ and takes over end of this week.Loves his harness and will no doubt be as laconic as ever.behind the counter

This to me opens up a few questions? Why did HRNZ sell. Nobody apparently saw it advertised for sale , the price he paid is believed to be  way below what he sold it for to the  Walli's who subsequently sold it to HRNZ a short time later. Clearly HRNZ must have lost money on the deal or am i missing something?

Sold it for good money. Bought back for a song. HRNZ would have made money but only thru their dodgy pokie dealings. Isn't that what their reopening after all other hospitality venues was all about??? Pokie audit.

7 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Not sure whats going on but Meredith has repurchased Wilsons Sports bar off HRNZ and takes over end of this week.Loves his harness and will no doubt be as laconic as ever.behind the counter

This to me opens up a few questions? Why did HRNZ sell. Nobody apparently saw it advertised for sale , the price he paid is believed to be  way below what he sold it for to the  Walli's who subsequently sold it to HRNZ a short time later. Clearly HRNZ must have lost money on the deal or am i missing something?

Q 1 Why dont you ask them.

Yes you are missing something.  Read the article in the newspaper last week

Christchurch Star last Friday.  What you have to remember is that for nearly 2 years Wilsons suffered from a lack of customers due to the road works at the roundabout by Hagley Park ( kinda like the old Nancy's site on the corner of Deans Ave0 and was losing customers due to the lack of carparks so it was always going to be a cheap sale.  Hopefully now that has been fixed it will get back to its former glory. After all Meredith has had a lot of success in the industry over the years, no reason I can see that he cant pull it out of the doldrums now.