RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Just Looking

Covid Lockdown and Ruakaka

Remember, It's one's lawful right to not be subjected to compulsory testing.

Best we find out if the Testing kits are either really for Influenza, Coronavirus or even up to IOS standards.

It's a known fact we are subjected to fake goods & parallel imports.

Now, who was it that imported those Masks into NZ a few months ago?

Wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

23 minutes ago, Red Rum said:

53 minutes ago, gubellini said:

Don’t like being alarmist but I would think that after midnight tomorrow there won’t be any racing in the North Island for weeks if not months. 

Yes, govt depts are getting told to be prepared for a swift shift through the levels, being told to work from home again which doesn't bode well unfortunately. Essentially the same messaging as last time. Seriously hope we are not going to L3 or 4 but indications are not good. 

Info on Talkback radio indicates positive cases at several schools & MIT tertiary Institute tonight in the Auckland region.

Got to be clarified if those people been swabbed, blood tests &/ or just diagnosed by symptoms of fever, runny nose, cough or pneumonia as confirmation what these people have.

We don't tell people to ALL Stay at home, or work from home just bc 1 person has influenza or pneumonia, it's the one's who are unwell that Stay at Home.

In the good ole days when they had infectious diseases only those who  were unwell stayed home & the rest of those people's families went to school, work or wherever they wanted to freely.

We all need to be mindful there's been talk of increasing the number of sick leave days....

7 hours ago, meomy said:

Info on Talkback radio indicates positive cases at several schools & MIT tertiary Institute tonight in the Auckland region.

Got to be clarified if those people been swabbed, blood tests &/ or just diagnosed by symptoms of fever, runny nose, cough or pneumonia as confirmation what these people have.

We don't tell people to ALL Stay at home, or work from home just bc 1 person has influenza or pneumonia, it's the one's who are unwell that Stay at Home.

In the good ole days when they had infectious diseases only those who  were unwell stayed home & the rest of those people's families went to school, work or wherever they wanted to freely.

We all need to be mindful there's been talk of increasing the number of sick leave days....

Would that were the case but unfortunately over here (and I suspect the same is true in NZ) there are people who literally cannot afford to be sick and will go into work however ill they are.

The problem with Covid is it can be transmitted by those who have it and experience no symptoms - influenza isn't that different - you are most infectious between the point of infection and the onset of symptoms.

As far as racing is concerned, other jurisdictions have kept going with appropriate bio-security protocols in place which unfortunately mean spectators cannot attend but the industry continues. 

Anyone else notice that the most recent notices of New Zealand lockdown changes are been given outside of standard business operating hours? & at the end of Government Dept operating hours?

Very negligent.

Would a "reasonable" person provide, or accept receiving a formal notice outside of standard business hours?

Is the timing of these formal notices "reasonable" when people are entitled to a private life away from their workplace?

See our comments under Jacinda Ardern in Mainstreet cafe re  this.

@stodge less than 2% of people have Coronavirus.

It's not killing people left right & centre in the street.

It's way less than the number of people been killed or injured in road crashes a year. Do we stop people driving bc the MAY die or get injured that way?

All things must be viewed in "Proportion" and with a balanced outlook.

There's absolutely no reason racing shouldn't be operating with patrons attending & enjoying them.

We have a health system in the Western world that can cope, don't we?

They aren't even using hospitals to care for those who are tested positive with what they call Covid19 in NZ & are now talking about QUARANTINE CAMPS been set up....

If it's so serious wouldn't one think they would be in hospitals where there are ventilators not a shonky motel??

@triple alliance

Chris Hipkins said we wouldn't be going into level 4 in a ZB radio interview this morn.

More likely a 6-7 wk "whack a  mole" Shuan Hendy level 3 which SH wanted at the start of us dropping down levels...

Those who are sick may not have been getting enough SUNSHINE ESP if working Night shifts & sleeping inside during the day.

Tongan Families are unfortunately known to not necessarily been the healthiest eaters...

Wait for Dr Bryan/ Bruce (?) BETTY from Porirua to give his 5 cents worth in media as he's part of the group "leading" this Pandemic according to media article around 6 th March 2020.

@Trump those of you based in Australia need to join dots who is closely linked btwn those working in the background, namely Tony Blakely & Michael G Baker.

Same ones who pushed for "Healthy Homes" legislation in both countries.

Suggest you find their Science Research Papers , read them & expose them for their spin Doctoring the last 30 yrs.

It's No wonder the world is in disorder.

24 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Lock down problems solved for AK/Puke trainers , the border is about to be moved south  . Tokoroa has a serious out break Taupo might be the new border . What we don't want is a move to level 4 for the whole of the NI . 

Do you honestry think we going to go level 4 anywhere , Id be surprised , we will truly be stuffed if this happens with relatively minor numbers .

23 hours ago, mikenz said:

Yet heaps of dorklanders are flying to queenstown to get away from the restrictions,what a  bunch of self centered bunch of arseholes.

Hope they took plenty of $s with them. They might be there for a while.

23 hours ago, mikenz said:

Yet heaps of dorklanders are flying to queenstown to get away from the restrictions,what a  bunch of self centered bunch of arseholes.

Average comment, in fact I thought the Queenstown business owners were the arseholes, been milking tourists and Kiwis for yrs & absolutely flogging the price and now the shits hit the fan they want Kiwi support in droves, but apparently not when theres a tiny risk of Covid.

Can they please make up there mind.

PS: Be kind, mikenz

26 minutes ago, barryb said:

Average comment, in fact I thought the Queenstown business owners were the arseholes, been milking tourists and Kiwis for yrs & absolutely flogging the price and now the shits hit the fan they want Kiwi support in droves, but apparently not when theres a tiny risk of Covid.

Yep , everyone wants us locals now spending our hard earned  . We all in this hole together so best we stick together,  work, pay taxes and get the fxxk outta it .

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

Hope they took plenty of $s with them. They might be there for a while.

But this where I find things odd,why there is no immediate halting of flights when a outbreak is discovered until some level of common sense  is implemented,in some cases those jumping on a plane as soon as shit hits the fan is selfish,so why run risk of shifting virus to south Island,queenstown had a bad outbreak in round 1 ,flown in by non locals,do they want a repeat .

2 hours ago, barryb said:

I think in all honesty lots of kiwis ripping off kiwis,we are in many ways a very expensive place,anyone bought any food lately?

28 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I think in all honesty lots of kiwis ripping off kiwis,we are in many ways a very expensive place,anyone bought any food lately?

Stayed in grossly over priced Queenstown, no tourists and it’s now 1/2 the price.

No Aucklanders and it will be bankrupt.

4 hours ago, Trump said:

Be fair you guys. Queenstown rents are very high, one of the reasons prices are high. They cater for high end tourists! If you don’t like it, go and ski Ruapehu and do your shopping in friggin Raetihi! 

Sure we get that Trumpie, mate I hate to tell ya but there are NO tourists & wont be for a yr. What Queenstowners can’t then do is whinge & shit on the only likely high end tourists left from Auckland. Those Aucklanders are what’s keeping those businesses alive mate, I am sure you are intelligent enough to understand that if the Aucklanders don’t go to Queenstown then by Xmas Queenstown is toast.

To help you as I think you missed the context here, it was Queenstown locals & some others slagging Aucklanders for legitimately leaving before lockdown & claiming them selfish & likely to ruin them if they bring the virus to town. With well in excess of 50% of visitors keeping the town afloat coming from Auckland that’s biting the hand that feeds you.

45 minutes ago, barryb said:

Sure we get that Trumpie, mate I hate to tell ya but there are NO tourists & wont be for a yr. What Queenstowners can’t then do is whinge & shit on the only likely high end tourists left from Auckland. Those Aucklanders are what’s keeping those businesses alive mate, I am sure you are intelligent enough to understand that if the Aucklanders don’t go to Queenstown then by Xmas Queenstown is toast.

To help you as I think you missed the context here, it was Queenstown locals & some others slagging Aucklanders for legitimately leaving before lockdown & claiming them selfish & likely to ruin them if they bring the virus to town. With well in excess of 50% of visitors keeping the town afloat coming from Auckland that’s biting the hand that feeds you.

I see and understand where you’re coming from. On the flip side, there’s a lot of people who derive their livelihood out of Qtown. Ngai Tahu are heavily invested (one of the more astute and well managed Maori Trusts) so they will be taking a big hit. Let’s face it, it’s a Tourist Mecca. It will be the hardest hit in NZ. But you know that..

1 hour ago, Trump said:

I see and understand where you’re coming from. On the flip side, there’s a lot of people who derive their livelihood out of Qtown. Ngai Tahu are heavily invested (one of the more astute and well managed Maori Trusts) so they will be taking a big hit. Let’s face it, it’s a Tourist Mecca. It will be the hardest hit in NZ. But you know that..

Yep, however they are not the only ones struggling with COVID lockdowns, food outlets across Auck are getting punished again for 2 more weeks,  along with many others.

Jacinda did the only option available realistically to her, despite what a few crackpots on here post. The public are not yet ready to accept this widespread in the community & let grandma/grandad take the hit. What’s happening in Vic would be intolerable here as it is for Australians, maybe by round 3 we will be happy to accept it more.

Hi fellow soldiers what surprises me is why areI northern jockeys going to Riccarton to ride slow horses .I know they have to make a Quid but you would think someone at Riccarton or even the jockeys themselves would show some responsablity and stayed at home.Cheers BH

42 minutes ago, Boss Hogg said:

Hi fellow soldiers what surprises me is why areI northern jockeys going to Riccarton to ride slow horses .I know they have to make a Quid but you would think someone at Riccarton or even the jockeys themselves would show some responsablity and stayed at home.Cheers BH

Probably due to riding Northern horses in the Winter Cup, as per every other year.