RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jeepers

Trainers charging to attend Races.

This is not a high profile trainer,he also charged $270 to travel the horse 29km to the races.One of my other trainers only charged $160 to travel 140km to do the same.Differences in fees make for interesting reading,vitamins and supplements,gear hire,chiropractor frequency, farrier charges and frequency of shoeing etc.Can make a big difference to ones monthly account.

This charge for race attendance is a new one on me.They must think they are bloody royalty,

7 hours ago, jeepers said:

This is not a high profile trainer,he also charged $270 to travel the horse 29km to the races.One of my other trainers only charged $160 to travel 140km to do the same.Differences in fees make for interesting reading,vitamins and supplements,gear hire,chiropractor frequency, farrier charges and frequency of shoeing etc.Can make a big difference to ones monthly account.

This charge for race attendance is a new one on me.They must think they are bloody royalty,

Tis the sport of kings

4 hours ago, Pam Robson said:

I guess it's all relative...and up to the individual,  as to whether they build all the extra costs into their fee structure, or quote a low ish daily rate and then apply the add ons. 

Clients have the ability to make their choices.

Makes it hard Pam when there are multiple owners,especially if the trainer is involved. It is interesting that I find when one is in sole ownership of the horse the Trainers seem more accommodating,probably as they know that the owner can call the shots.I have also found here in Aussie that what ever one is quoted as a daily rate one can add between $600 to$1000 to the monthly account.

Good thing about these Inglis Digital sales one can place their percentage share up for sale and get out of syndicates or multiple ownership if need be.

Trainers charge a lot more for syndicated horses, i have friend who has a really good horse group 1 winner and they pay 4k a month when the horse in training 

and racing.

1 hour ago, dbtab said:

Trainers charge a lot more for syndicated horses, i have friend who has a really good horse group 1 winner and they pay 4k a month when the horse in training 

and 

Wonder what the fee is to train that money muncher called Lethal,  although he did plod round and pick up 200 bucks yesterday . 

8 hours ago, dbtab said:

and racing.

We pay around $4200 per month with other owners for one horse and with a different trainer we pay around $3000 a month as a solo owner.I intend to take out my Australian license as I still have my NZ license.The last of my NZ horses arrived last week We also stand a Stallion in Aust so are tigers for punishment but one must do what one loves doing.

On 8/12/2020 at 2:35 PM, Tauhei Notts said:

For our filly the training fees in July were $2356.  The bill came to $3717.08 with the add ons; and there were no trials or race days nor any veterinary fees.  Okay, GST was $481 of those add ons.

Seems high.

What then was the $900 odd extra for ?

$150 for Track fees, $100 for supplements , $50 for gear hire .......what else ?

5 hours ago, jeepers said:

We pay around $4200 per month with other owners for one horse and with a different trainer we pay around $3000 a month as a solo owner.I intend to take out my Australian license as I still have my NZ license.The last of my NZ horses arrived last week We also stand a Stallion in Aust so are tigers for punishment but one must do what one loves doing.

Good on you for having a go yourself ,a wise man once told me if you are going to wreck a horse, you may as well do it to your own specifications, quite humorous I thought, good luck with your team.

18 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Wonder what the fee is to train that money muncher called Lethal,  although he did plod round and pick up 200 bucks yesterday . 

yes RR, have wondered that myself on occasions. TA paid handsomely for the Katie Lee colt in January too. Named Armoury I've yet to see him mentioned in any trackwork thus far.

Just as an aside I see Opie rode in the trials at Taupo but not in the races despite Khafeef being weighted at 59.5kgs. Very hard dropping that last 2kgs or so. Hope he makes it back soon.

21 minutes ago, Blue said:

yes RR, have wondered that myself on occasions. TA paid handsomely for the Katie Lee colt in January too. Named Armoury I've yet to see him mentioned in any trackwork thus far.

Just as an aside I see Opie rode in the trials at Taupo but not in the races despite Khafeef being weighted at 59.5kgs. Very hard dropping that last 2kgs or so. Hope he makes it back soon.

Feel a bit for OP, was riding well and had chance in OZ . Purely racing  business wise looks a bad decision in hindsight to stay in NZ with travel restrictions but that's purely business , much more to the equation than that so hope he gets going well soon and getting the winners .

There is a race in Lethal , but it is A race not much more from looks of it , Jamie Richard's might work his magic though and get a 65 out of him.

3 hours ago, Aaron Bidlake said:

Would these not be included in the daily rate though?  

One of my Trainers has monthly charges of $140 for supplements,two Chiropractor at $100 each,and one shoeing per moth at $170 all plus GST.Track fees are $75.Gallops on the grass $21 each.Odd thing though is farrier and Chiropractor accounts are not available for inspection when requested.

1 hour ago, jeepers said:

One of my Trainers has monthly charges of $140 for supplements,two Chiropractor at $100 each,and one shoeing per moth at $170 all plus GST.Track fees are $75.Gallops on the grass $21 each.Odd thing though is farrier and Chiropractor accounts are not available for inspection when requested.

I was once charged by the trainer for a new rug @ $330 , but when i rang up manufacturer got quoted $220 . Horse didn't go back after spell .