RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
We're Doomed

Big of NZTR

Very gracious of NZTR to quote Tommy Heptinstall on their website.

While he still has a number of younger horses in New Zealand with trainer and trusted friend Andrew Campbell, Heptinstall believes the immediate future for his racing team is in Australia.

“While we still go to the sales to try and buy a Karaka Million winner or future Derby winner, I have become disillusioned with the direction of New Zealand racing at present,” he said.

“The lack of leadership makes me wish I was twenty years younger as I would be back in New Zealand in a flash and I would tip the Industry on its head.

“We still have eight or nine two-year-olds with Andrew but anything older will be coming to Australia as I don’t see any future in racing older horses in New Zealand at the moment.”

10 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

Very gracious of NZTR to quote Tommy Heptinstall on their website.

While he still has a number of younger horses in New Zealand with trainer and trusted friend Andrew Campbell, Heptinstall believes the immediate future for his racing team is in Australia.

“While we still go to the sales to try and buy a Karaka Million winner or future Derby winner, I have become disillusioned with the direction of New Zealand racing at present,” he said.

“The lack of leadership makes me wish I was twenty years younger as I would be back in New Zealand in a flash and I would tip the Industry on its head.

“We still have eight or nine two-year-olds with Andrew but anything older will be coming to Australia as I don’t see any future in racing older horses in New Zealand at the moment.”

This is how little they care , happy to have their leadership and lack of vision criticised , but then promote it , but then on their own website , which they control . FMD you can't make it up how clueless these dumbf@#cks are . It's like Labour handing out National promotional material saying what a crap job labour is doing , at their own election launch last Sat .

New Zealand Thoroughbred Marketing (NZTM) was established in 1997

‘to communicate and actively market, for the long-term financial benefits of all stakeholders, the attributes of the New Zealand thoroughbred industry to clearly identified international markets’. 

NZTM was created in response to the recognition by the national breeders’ association and the principal sales company of the need to market the whole industry, distinct from the advertising of individual sales, vendors & horses. 

Funded by the Industry through a commission on all horses sold at the New Zealand Bloodstock sales, NZTM also receives a small levy from all broodmare returns. 

Additionally, NZTM also runs the NZ Racing Desk on behalf of New Zealand Thoroughbred Racing, supplying free editorial and images to any media outlet

Further to the above Copy/paste. It is commendable NZTM retain editorial independence. NZTR are a donor but that does give them rights to censor. It is a matter of balance that the editor needs to have. Not to toe a party line or bite the hand that feeds.

We are not North Korea yet - but trends worry. We are told by the politburo to get ready with the masks and live our lives in fear. Dont live under the thumb!

1 minute ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Are we all joking here?  A leading NZ trainer commented in Australia that NZ racing was going real bad.  He had to deal with phone calls from RITA telling him he should not say that.

Its the truth and if they don't want people to tell the truth then they are more deluded than I thought...until racing people or people with some essence of knowledge or feeling for the sport are running it we are on a one way ticket to the end of the road... JMO.

6 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Its the truth and if they don't want people to tell the truth then they are more deluded than I thought...until racing people or people with some essence of knowledge or feeling for the sport are running it we are on a one way ticket to the end of the road... JMO.

I promise you what I said is true.  I heard about it and then asked the trainer directly myself.  

I was staggered and used the analogy with him that it is ok for a farmer to moan about Fonterra, but yet not OK for a trainer to say he is not happy with state of NZ racing.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

To look on the positive side of things, at least a lot of people realise the industry is being badly run and is in dire straits. It would be worse if everyone thought things were going really well and we had nothing to worry about. 

It's just unfortunate that the one's that are running the asylum are some of the people who don't see how bad they are doing and how bad things are .

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I promise you what I said is true.  I heard about it and then asked the trainer directly myself.  

I was staggered and used the analogy with him that it is ok for a farmer to moan about Fonterra, but yet not OK for a trainer to say he is not happy with state of NZ racing.

Much better to suppress comments than try and fix the mess they have created. Bit like China/ East Germany/Russia etc etc etc

2 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

I am all for free speech. But RITA was the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff. The prominent trainer should have made comments aplenty  beforehand from here where the industry has been going down the toitet with wastage and bad spending at least last 15 years. I was telling people in 2007 the NZRB costs had ballooned from 19m to 36m in a year. Nobody listened and it went to 60+ and insolvency/

No use moaning if your arse is on fire.

30 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Much better to suppress comments than try and fix the mess they have created. Bit like China/ East Germany/Russia etc etc etc

East Germany ??? ...... Cheasacol   The world has changed since 1989. You think free speech exists in USA, UK etc.  Try criticising Israel for its aparthied if you have name recognition and see how the "freedom goes"

19 minutes ago, slam dunk said:

East Germany ??? ...... Cheasacol   The world has changed since 1989. You think free speech exists in USA, UK etc.  Try criticising Israel for its aparthied if you have name recognition and see how the "freedom goes"

It leapt to mind SD as being on the list of regimes. I suspect much worse than what happens in UK or USA now - although I take the point.

As for Israel ... or anywhere in the Middle East I will stay out of it thanks. Not sure there is a "functional" (to choose a word which covers lots of stuff)  country in the whole area.

2 hours ago, Nerula said:

I am all for free speech. But RITA was the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff. The prominent trainer should have made comments aplenty  beforehand from here where the industry has been going down the toitet with wastage and bad spending at least last 15 years. I was telling people in 2007 the NZRB costs had ballooned from 19m to 36m in a year. Nobody listened and it went to 60+ and insolvency/

No use moaning if your arse is on fire.

If RITA were the ambulance attending me or any of my family I'd be declining to le them put any of us or me on board.

10 hours ago, nomates said:

This is how little they care , happy to have their leadership and lack of vision criticised , but then promote it , but then on their own website , which they control . FMD you can't make it up how clueless these dumbf@#cks are . It's like Labour handing out National promotional material saying what a crap job labour is doing , at their own election launch last Sat .

Don’t go on the Loveracing FB page and question some of the average content .You will get a private message saying you are on your final warning and next time your gone . Did myself a favour and deleted them .

1 hour ago, puha said:

Don’t go on the Loveracing FB page and question some of the average content .You will get a private message saying you are on your final warning and next time your gone . Did myself a favour and deleted them .

That is the behaviour of an organisation that knows it is under performing and doesn't know how to respond in an intelligent manner . But stupid enough to post a story on their homepage from a highly successful owner criticizing their lack of leadership and direction . Not exactly selling them selves are they .

6 minutes ago, nomates said:

That is the behaviour of an organisation that knows it is under performing and doesn't know how to respond in an intelligent manner . But stupid enough to post a story on their homepage from a highly successful owner criticizing their lack of leadership and direction . Not exactly selling them selves are they .

The sad thing is, that as was mentioned above, the stories are produced independently and as they relate to actual racing I doubt that anyone from NZTR actually bothers to read them. They have better things to do with their time.