RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
JJ Flash

Addington Today. Woeful Crowd

24 in members stand at race 2 presumably getting their members free drink.

By race 4 there were 8 left in members stand and they want a tote operator. 

You dont have to wonder where  this will end up. Spectators might save the Met it to a certain extent  but harness is a sunset industry.

As for the RIU employee who  is also starter  hang your head in shame for another calamitous  start in R 9. No.wonder no one wants to bet on harness. 

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

You dont have to wonder where  this will end up. Spectators might save the Met it to a certain extent  but harness is a sunset industry.

As for the RIU employee who  is also starter  hang your head in shame for another calamitous  start in R 9. No.wonder no one wants to bet on harness. 

Greg

Just remember addington is getting a full diet of same old same old week after week,if this is what the bigwigs want what can you do.looking at the calander for late in the season it's full of this type of double days,maybe the off courses are ok,on course in reality would you be jumping hoops to attend these meetings week after week?

They are ok to have a perv at on tv if I got nothing else to do but other things in life happen too.

4 hours ago, LongOwner said:

The racing whether Friday & Sunday is so boring - round and round with average horses 

This is what the North Island has been for a long time Auckland,Cambridge,evenSouthlands getting repetitive,maybe that's why turnovers are falling,in many ways harness racing is heading downward,the numbers field wise is pretty good  in the south but a lot of repetition now.

Simply put,there is no variety.

Agree with the central point here and the comments re friday and sunday becoming monotonous.

Also yesterday you had to be really keen to head down there - they had a large event in the next door Horncastle stadium and the rugby next door to that. The traffic was cup day like ....

10 hours ago, mikenz said:

Simply put,there is no variety.

What variety can they offer?      As you say just average or below horses due mainly I think with Aussie buying stock hand over fist from hungry agents (LOL) so no variety left there.    Race distances?    TAB want all races over so quickly that no doubt botties get smacked if you programme anything over 2200 metres.    Sort of rock & a hard place isn't it?

18 minutes ago, eljay said:

What variety can they offer?      As you say just average or below horses due mainly I think with Aussie buying stock hand over fist from hungry agents (LOL) so no variety left there.    Race distances?    TAB want all races over so quickly that no doubt botties get smacked if you programme anything over 2200 metres.    Sort of rock & a hard place isn't it?

Maybe that's why they like the Greyhounds.Keep moving on to the next race.

9 hours ago, mikenz said:

Having said that they can put as many races on that they want,you are not compelled to watch them and you can easily just tune in to the races you are keen on.

I do not tune in and tune off - I stop betting as soon as a low grade race from Japan , Korea or SA interrupts my Friday night trots meeting - a Netflix movie wins and I stop betting - normally race 3 or thereabouts 

I notice addington have extended nomanations another day,in reality if they didn't race on friday then the kurow meeting  would be bigger and better,so in each case the other is cutting the others throat but on this occasion Oamaru should get the right of way

And is there any reason why the Waikato meeting couldn't be on on friday anyway?

20 hours ago, mikenz said:

I notice addington have extended nomanations another day,in reality if they didn't race on friday then the kurow meeting  would be bigger and better,so in each case the other is cutting the others throat but on this occasion Oamaru should get the right of way

And is there any reason why the Waikato meeting couldn't be on on friday anyway?

Good fields for Kurow.

On 8/9/2020 at 5:31 PM, JJ Flash said:

Greg

If they close the gates for addington based on that crowd no one will notice much difference.

We're looking forward to Methven on September 13th - the marquee is pre-booked for 500+ chartered club members from all around the South Island and we're anticipating plenty of walk ups if the day's good.

Still looking to have our Punter of the Year Comp in October at our Cup meeting. You've entered before Mike - are you keen for another crack?

The only fly in the ointment is going to be remaining at Level 2, or worse in which case we're all toast. We'll know about that sooner versus later and the drumbeats out of Wellington aint great.

METHVEN Scene.jpg

57 minutes ago, Eclipsed said:

We're looking forward to Methven on September 13th - the marquee is pre-booked for 500+ chartered club members from all around the South Island and we're anticipating plenty of walk ups if the day's good.

Still looking to have our Punter of the Year Comp in October at our Cup meeting. You've entered before Mike - are you keen for another crack?

The only fly in the ointment is going to be remaining at Level 2, or worse in which case we're all toast. We'll know about that sooner versus later and the drumbeats out of Wellington aint great.

METHVEN Scene.jpg

Can't wait for the 13th , looking forward to putting Westview on the punters cup for the fourth time later in the year, bring it on.

Noms extended once again for the 10 listed races. already 111 noms but why dont they just go fortuesdays instead of mondays.... always happens and gives opportunities for bigger stables to see make up of races before nominating.bit unfair. They even have gall to state the noms will be   left open ONLY ! for races 1234568 out of 8 !! as Mike enz states Addington always do this ,,, sheer amateur hour. IMHO.

2 hours ago, john legend said:

Noms extended once again for the 10 listed races. already 111 noms but why dont they just go fortuesdays instead of mondays.... always happens and gives opportunities for bigger stables to see make up of races before nominating.bit unfair. They even have gall to state the noms will be   left open ONLY ! for races 1234568 out of 8 !! as Mike enz states Addington always do this ,,, sheer amateur hour. IMHO.

More horses means greater turnover John. If I were running the show  I'd do the same if the numbers increased  which they obviously do.

Greg

On 8/12/2020 at 6:15 PM, Eclipsed said:

METHVEN Scene.jpg

If we are still in level two try to get an offcourse punters competition going...I can round up at least five entries for an offcourse one!

4 hours ago, john legend said:

Tried to find which Addington meeting you are talking about, fields are up for Friday and only 3 races with extended nominations for Sunday  , maybe they have stepped up or am I blind