RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
EsquireNZ

Matt Anderson: GUILTY

What a shocking incident for the young woman. Anderson should be ashamed, assaulting a female is never OK. I hope this nasty bloke gets a long prison sentence. It is unlikely he will be welcome back in the harness industry again. Good riddance. Headlines like this are not what harness racing needs. The industry is struggling to survive and stories like this are another nail in the coffin for harness racing. 

Edited by Thejanitor
Spelling

1 hour ago, Thejanitor said:

It is unlikely he will be welcome back in the harness industry again. 

I heard and I hope it is not true but the victim received text from people in the Industry asking her to drop the charges 

If true a disgrace !!

3 hours ago, EsquireNZ said:

A terrified woman hid in a ditch until police arrived after harness racing star Matt Anderson punched and choked her, leaving her fearing for her life.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crime/122376304/harness-racing-star-matt-anderson-assaulted-strangled-woman

Punched, choked and then kicked he in the head when she was down ..... 

12 hours ago, mikenz said:

I know that's perhaps  thats not that funny but taken in its proper context one could see the funny side(perhaps).

Hey j j a comment i posted in a light hearted way seems to have gone,thats why the comment you reacted to makes no sense,it wasnt nasty or anything ,im on my desktop now,maybe the comment may still show on my cell phone,just clarifying thing ok.

So the comment you reacted to should go just to keep things in proper context.

The comment was reacting to the above comment was he released or held in custody,no malice was or is intended.

1 hour ago, mikenz said:

Hey j j a comment i posted in a light hearted way seems to have gone,thats why the comment you reacted to makes no sense,it wasnt nasty or anything ,im on my desktop now,maybe the comment may still show on my cell phone,just clarifying thing ok.

So the comment you reacted to should go just to keep things in proper context.

The comment was reacting to the above comment was he released or held in custody,no malice was or is intended.

it was removed because it was not funny at all..the guy has done something wrong...and he will certainly pay for that...no need for people to poke fun and ridicule...what he did was in no way right but some of you really need to think before you post...JMO.

15 hours ago, MAJESTIC said:

Why should we have to wait till November 24th for sentence.

Found guilty, sentence him now, lock him up and throw key away.

No place for a female basher in our world and industry.

Also a druggie as well isn't he?

Do you know he is a druggie or just more rumour???If you don't know it for a fact why say it?? 

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

it was removed because it was not funny at all..the guy has done something wrong...and he will certainly pay for that...no need for people to poke fun and ridicule...what he did was in no way right but some of you really need to think before you post...JMO.

They should have removed the second post to keep comments in perspective,as for Anderson,he's stuffed  up,lots do in varying degrees,life is like that,personally I dont want get into these sorts of threads,prefer to focus on racing on track issues.i will leave it at that.

On 8/8/2020 at 12:22 PM, poundforpound said:

Matt Anderson is a very interesting character 

I certainly don’t condone what he’s allegedly done here, if it’s as described, but there are mitigating circumstances 

When the RIU and the Police relentlessly and ruthlessly pursue an individual like Matt you often see their personal lives spin out of control

Matt didn’t have what we’d describe as a normal upbringing and he doesn’t have the support most of us have

To those of you who’re taking this opportunity to put the boot into Matt I say this, you’re low and karma will get you eventually

If you’re any sort of a decent human being you’d be reaching out to Matt and supporting him in his time of need, not putting a knife in his back 

In spite of your obnoxious persona, and overblown opinions of your own talents, legal and otherwise, I've always had a certain amount of respect for you in your "battles with the system" ... until now.

To come out all guns blazing in support of a convicted criminal (nothing "alleged" about it), without a skerrick of concern for his victim, or his apparent lack of remorse, is appalling to say the least.

A "decent human being" would be actively supporting his victim, and condemning his crimes until such time as he proves his worth to society again.

37 minutes ago, poundforpound said:

Supporting Matt doesn’t preclude supporting his ex partner but you feel free to see it your warped way 

You might also like to help us all understand exactly when Matt was charged .. on the night of the assault or some time later ?

If later how much later, and who exactly laid the complaint with the Police ?

Was the RIU involved in any way ?

Did the RIU encourage the complainant to lay the complaint with the Police ? 

If this was as described by the media would you agree that the Police must surely have acted to arrest Matt on the night ? 

I don’t know the answers to the above questions but I’m sure you will

Thanks 

Why bring the RIU into this?Surely the complaint  with the Police was layed when the complainant rang them for help because she thought she might be killed.

4 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Do you know he is a druggie or just more rumour???If you don't know it for a fact why say it?? 

Why is P4P suggesting the RIU may be involved in the assault charges? Is it just a rumour  or fact?If you don't know it for a fact why say it??

1 hour ago, poundforpound said:

Supporting Matt doesn’t preclude supporting his ex partner but you feel free to see it your warped way 

You might also like to help us all understand exactly when Matt was charged .. on the night of the assault or some time later ?

If later how much later, and who exactly laid the complaint with the Police ?

Was the RIU involved in any way ?

Did the RIU encourage the complainant to lay the complaint with the Police ? 

If this was as described by the media would you agree that the Police must surely have acted to arrest Matt on the night ? 

I don’t know the answers to the above questions but I’m sure you will

Thanks 

I'm not privy to any of the finer details of the case, nor the timeline of events. He may well have had a troubled past or some other "mitigating circumstances", but that all pales into insignificance compared to the events of that night.

A judge found the evidence compelling enough to convict him, and whilst the question of whether the police took the matter forward at the time or later on is of some concern, it doesn't alter the seriousness of the charges, or the fact that they've now been proven.

It's up to him now to do his time, make good for what he's done, and get his life back together. I'm all for supporting him ... once he's proven that he deserves it. There's a lot of water to go under the bridge before that happens.

I’m surprised that he hasn’t “owned up” to the incident.

Seems that to get the best result in Court you admit your wrongs, blame  your early life or an addiction and get some outside help.

He appears to not want to accept he did something wrong.

1 hour ago, Cyril Rioli said:

Everyone knows  is innocent, if you want I can start on the accusers criminal history(which she tries to hide via a name change), her family history, her drug use or her drug dealing

Do you know this for a fact if not enough and please refrain from posting rumours or unproven rubbish....I cant believe some of things people like to post to put people down while hiding behind a keyboard come out and put your REAL name to the allegations if you want to denigrate either of them.

1 hour ago, Stables said:

The police laid the charge against Anderson. It was laid at a later date because he fled and hid on the night of the assault. The police charged him when they found him. 

False.

6 minutes ago, newbie85 said:

I heard that he disappeared for 5 days hence why Police did not charge on the night.

Maybe time to clean the system. 

Not sure why P4P is trying to blame RIU

False.

Shut the thread down if people are just going to spread false accusations and rumors.