RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
crustyngrizzly

owner/trainer gone?

Crusty..your memory playing some tricks on you me thinks.I travelled to Sydney Easter 1977 to cheer  Sir Silver Lad/Des Wyatt home at Randwick in a high class field Australasian Championship Stakes.He was trained by Barry Petley (brother of scribe Jack)at Takanini,and owned by Robin Peel-Walker,Glynis McNicholl (20 years later a role in Shorty St) and another partner.

45 minutes ago, pilli said:

Crusty..your memory playing some tricks on you me thinks.I travelled to Sydney Easter 1977 to cheer  Sir Silver Lad/Des Wyatt home at Randwick in a high class field Australasian Championship Stakes.He was trained by Barry Petley (brother of scribe Jack)at Takanini,and owned by Robin Peel-Walker,Glynis McNicholl (20 years later a role in Shorty St) and another partner.

No problem with getting corrected.Never fear the truth.

Ron Ladd bred and raced Irish Flirt who raced 51 times for 7 wins including the 1991 Star Way Stakes at Te Aroha. Mike Moroney trained her. Her first foal McFlirt won 7 races in Australia including the VRC Sires’ Produce Stakes G1. He later became a successful sire in West Australia.

Gubes is correct.

I had the pleasure of knowing and working with Ron on the National body of the Thoroughbred Breeders Association. He was the instigator of the FAMIS (Fillies and Mares Incentive Scheme) incentive scheme which was the first of it’s kind in the Southern Hemisphere. It has now matured into the Pearl Series and equally positive scheme for breeders of fillies. 

Ron was a great asset to breeders advancements in a number of areas and maintained a fair and balanced approach to improving the opportunities for breeders to invest in the industry. A good man.

May he Rest In Peace (and yelling at his next winner up stairs)