RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tripple alliance

ARC Showing the way .

The Auckland Racing Club (ARC) has today announced that it will be increasing stakes above minimum levels for this season by contributing close to $1,000,000 of its own monies

“First and foremost, we are a racing club and everything we do is with an eye on maximising our returns to stakeholders. 

“While we have topped-up stakes to around this level for the past three seasons; I am thrilled that we have been able to achieve this again for the 2020/21 season - particularly after the difficulties the last few months have posed for us all.

“I seriously cannot wait to get this new season off and racing at Ellerslie and am delighted that our Club has been able to once again make this commitment to industry participants.”

Stakes for some of Auckland Racing Club’s races across the 2020/21 season include:

Group 1 Vodafone New Zealand Derby (6 March 2021) retains its stake of $1m;

Group 1 Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup (13 March 2021) retains its stake of $500,000;

The Group 3 SkyCity City of Auckland Cup (1 January 2021) to be run for a stake of $200,000;

The Group 3 Haunui Farm King’s Plate (6 March 2021) will be run for a stake of $100,000;

The Dunstan Feeds Stayers Championship Final (1 January 2021) will be run for a stake of $100,000;

The 1500m Championship Final (26 December 2020) will be run for a stake of $80,000

The Listed Hallmark Stud Handicap (26 December 2020), the Listed Shaw’s Wires Ropes Uncle Remus Stakes (26 December 2020) and the Listed Mufhasa FastTrack Stakes (6 March 2021) will each be run for a stake of $60,000;

Non-black type races run on 26 December 2020, 1 January 2021 and over Auckland Cup WeekⓇ (6 & 13 March 2021) will be run for $50,000 and;

Rating and Open races run on Feature meetings between 28 November 2020 - 20 February 2021 will be run for stake money of $5,000 above the minimum*;

40 minutes ago, nomates said:

Excellent , wont need industry funds for the Karaka millions either then .

They can't do it all by themselves , if only others performed as well racing might be in with a chance . 

The ARC  has spent plenty on upgrading in recent years , not everyone wants to go to crap meetings with crap facility's , racing won't go far wrong  going upmarket . This project must be well and truly finished by now , $6 million that's a lot of money on improvements .

" Building work worth in excess of $6million, which will see tie-up stalls for 126 horses created alongside a warm-up ring, veterinary boxes & office, function room and trainers’ cafe, is due to start immediately and will be completed in time for November’s Melbourne Cup meeting.

Seventy-per-cent of the current stable block will be demolished to make way for the development, compromising of four separate buildings built round the central parade ring.

Auckland Racing Club CEO, Paul Wilcox, believes the new stables will cement Ellerslie Racecourse as a world class racing destination and put its facilities on par with the famous Australian courses of Flemington and Randwick."

1 hour ago, tripple alliance said:

The Auckland Racing Club (ARC) has today announced that it will be increasing stakes above minimum levels for this season by contributing close to $1,000,000 of its own monies

“First and foremost, we are a racing club and everything we do is with an eye on maximising our returns to stakeholders. 

“While we have topped-up stakes to around this level for the past three seasons; I am thrilled that we have been able to achieve this again for the 2020/21 season - particularly after the difficulties the last few months have posed for us all.

“I seriously cannot wait to get this new season off and racing at Ellerslie and am delighted that our Club has been able to once again make this commitment to industry participants.”

Stakes for some of Auckland Racing Club’s races across the 2020/21 season include:

Group 1 Vodafone New Zealand Derby (6 March 2021) retains its stake of $1m;

Group 1 Barfoot & Thompson Auckland Cup (13 March 2021) retains its stake of $500,000;

The Group 3 SkyCity City of Auckland Cup (1 January 2021) to be run for a stake of $200,000;

The Group 3 Haunui Farm King’s Plate (6 March 2021) will be run for a stake of $100,000;

The Dunstan Feeds Stayers Championship Final (1 January 2021) will be run for a stake of $100,000;

The 1500m Championship Final (26 December 2020) will be run for a stake of $80,000

The Listed Hallmark Stud Handicap (26 December 2020), the Listed Shaw’s Wires Ropes Uncle Remus Stakes (26 December 2020) and the Listed Mufhasa FastTrack Stakes (6 March 2021) will each be run for a stake of $60,000;

Non-black type races run on 26 December 2020, 1 January 2021 and over Auckland Cup WeekⓇ (6 & 13 March 2021) will be run for $50,000 and;

Rating and Open races run on Feature meetings between 28 November 2020 - 20 February 2021 will be run for stake money of $5,000 above the minimum*;

The premier club in the land doing a great job, well done to PW and the team.

they are progressive, financially sound and have done a good job over the years with their property portfolio and investments.

my only criticism is that the place should have a strathayr racing surface...it’s imperative.

but the club is going the right way.

and you are right, I hate going to tracks that have subpar facilities...look at Flemington, Randwick, Sha Tin, proper facilities for everyone no matter what rung of the ladder they are on. 

2 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

They can't do it all by themselves , if only others performed as well racing might be in with a chance . 

The ARC  has spent plenty on upgrading in recent years , not everyone wants to go to crap meetings with crap facility's , racing won't go far wrong  going upmarket . This project must be well and truly finished by now , $6 million that's a lot of money on improvements .

" Building work worth in excess of $6million, which will see tie-up stalls for 126 horses created alongside a warm-up ring, veterinary boxes & office, function room and trainers’ cafe, is due to start immediately and will be completed in time for November’s Melbourne Cup meeting.

Seventy-per-cent of the current stable block will be demolished to make way for the development, compromising of four separate buildings built round the central parade ring.

Auckland Racing Club CEO, Paul Wilcox, believes the new stables will cement Ellerslie Racecourse as a world class racing destination and put its facilities on par with the famous Australian courses of Flemington and Randwick."

None of that will help Joe Punter will it...??

9 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Punting is a self inflicted wound , punters have two choices , smarten up and back winners (administers can't help with that) or gamblers anonymous it really is that simple .

I need to print that off, frame it, and hang it on the wall.

BTW, you don't happen to have the number for GA?

3 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Dead right Big Stuff, lay the Strathayr down and race there every 2nd Saturday, a no brainer for mine.

This is where Avondale comes in , with $200 million to spend the opportunity's are endless .

Do a deal with Ellerslie , spend 10/15 million on upgrading 3 floors at Ellerslie , officially renamed the Avondale club rooms  and pay for whatever track is needed it's win win , Avondale can then become relevant again instead of the class dunce  . This has all been said before and it falls on deaf ears but those running Avondale won't be around forever and in time this will happen . 

Punting is a self inflicted wound , punters have two choices , smarten up and back winners (administers can't help with that) or gamblers anonymous it really is that simple .

Explain again how this helps the punter TA....🙄

Building work worth in excess of $6million, which will see tie-up stalls for 126 horses created alongside a warm-up ring, veterinary boxes & office, function room and trainers’ cafe, is due to start immediately and will be completed in time for November’s Melbourne Cup meeting.

This is where Avondale comes in , with $200 million to spend the opportunity's are endless .

Do a deal with Ellerslie , spend 10/15 million on upgrading 3 floors at Ellerslie , officially renamed the Avondale club rooms  and pay for whatever track is needed it's win win , Avondale can then become relevant again instead of the class dunce  . This has all been said before and it falls on deaf ears but those running Avondale won't be around forever and in time this will happen . 

Apparently the Labour Lefties at Avondale are still reluctant to do a deal with Ellerslie , swallow your pride Comrade Jan and invest in a deal at the ARC , rip down that member's stand monstrosity and build a state of the art facility on the finishing line and watch Ellerslie fly again like in the past

7 hours ago, Proud Magpie said:

Where would they race the Derby , up and down the motorway ????

Or maybe the Auckland Harbour bridge?😂 I remember this being talked about a couple of years ago, you just reminded me. Thought it should have been dated April 1.

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/racing/101870242/sydney-harbour-bridge-horse-race-gaining-momentum

12 hours ago, Trump said:

The time has come for a complete clean out at Avondale. The Members there are either asleep or don’t give a shit, otherwise they would have turfed the whole Committee out years ago. 

I was told they will no longer accept new members. Probably afraid a lobby doesn't build and bring some sense.

35 minutes ago, Nerula said:

I was told they will no longer accept new members. Probably afraid a lobby doesn't build and bring some sense.

Google Vince Middledorf v Avondale Jockey Club which in part was due to AJC declining 14 x membership applications and the suspension of VM as a member and committee person.Its totally absurd the lengths this club has gone to .....talk about wasting time and money !

The whole thing seems totally unnecessary....certainly there are many vendettas around this Club IMO and though they cash flow in recent years the future seems bleak IMO and the NZ Racing Industry should not waste time and breathe on them.

Sell the place ,give the funds to whoever is due them and look to the future....NZ racing could certainly do with some $ but if its Plunket , community housing or whatever , just move on.

Tasie Man, you are clearly not a member, otherwise you would know the realities of what you state above. Which is clearly your opinion through someone else’s eyes, slanted to the extreme. The Court provided an opinion against Mr Middledorp at great expense to the club.

I was on the Committee at the time of VM joining the Committee and I cannot recall  positive contributions he made to improve the Club’s status and performance. VM had his opinion, as is his right, but he did not want to respect any contrary views, that is my humble opinion. 

But coming to your other point. If the club property was liquidated and contributed to the industry funds in Petone, would you have confidence in the likes of John Allen and his successors to spend it wisely? The last RIB Chair and predecessor and CEO’s depleted the cash positive position of  bank reserves and assets to the tune of $80 million in 7 years. Comparing that to Avondale going from $2.75 million in debt 7 years ago, now debt free but with a great track and crap utilities I know where my bias lay. 

Avondale would be viewed through different eyes if the stands were demolished and facilities upgraded, something that VM fought against in my time on the Committee.

1 hour ago, John Clydesdale said:

Tasie Man, you are clearly not a member, otherwise you would know the realities of what you state above. Which is clearly your opinion through someone else’s eyes, slanted to the extreme. The Court provided an opinion against Mr Middledorp at great expense to the club.

I was on the Committee at the time of VM joining the Committee and I cannot recall  positive contributions he made to improve the Club’s status and performance. VM had his opinion, as is his right, but he did not want to respect any contrary views, that is my humble opinion. 

But coming to your other point. If the club property was liquidated and contributed to the industry funds in Petone, would you have confidence in the likes of John Allen and his successors to spend it wisely? The last RIB Chair and predecessor and CEO’s depleted the cash positive position of  bank reserves and assets to the tune of $80 million in 7 years. Comparing that to Avondale going from $2.75 million in debt 7 years ago, now debt free but with a great track and crap utilities I know where my bias lay. 

Avondale would be viewed through different eyes if the stands were demolished and facilities upgraded, something that VM fought against in my time on the Committee.

Cheers John ,

Correct I'm not a member ...you don't comment why 14  x member applications were declined , but I have been a customer for many years and actually have an Avondale Cup on my shelf.

I posted cos a comment was made re Membership and I had read the case on-line.

I believe VM had been a member for a long time...membership is not large so I assume he had friends/support in the club and I believe he had been a trainer there as well. Credentials I assume saw him considered fit enough to be elected on or accepted on to the committee some years back.

I'm not too interested in why it turned to custard , but the fact is it did and to end up in the courts is an indictment to all concerned and is a poor reflection on the AJC. Court opinions often mean little in civil cases especially.

I think the club should decide on what direction it should take in the future.....IMO the subject has had its time........like a long running Soap opera.

Racing needs to improve its 'brand' and 'image' and having that facility in its current condition in NZ's main city , while governing administrators squabble constantly about it is not a good look.

Give it to the Sallies ,build some housing , maintain some playing fields .....just do something !