RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
mikenz

Stakes....Aussie v NZ.

The poorly performed horses (rating 40 to 45 )are definitely better off here.  Horses rated 50 to around 70 would be worse off I would think,  accept for those in age group racing that are pretty well looked after.  Just my opinion though

3 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Depends on how hard to win they are and the handicapping impact etc. You have to compare apples with apples.

And yes, we are that bad.

But the simple reality is that if turnover dont go up how can stakes .pretty simple.

Why in NZ should horses that should be sent out to pasture getting all the races and treated equally when it comes to stakes?

40 - 44 rating horses are nil as a product and should be racing for $5k so 70 rating horses can get rewarded for been better etc .

On 8/2/2020 at 5:26 PM, LongOwner said:

Why in NZ should horses that should be sent out to pasture getting all the races and treated equally when it comes to stakes?

40 - 44 rating horses are nil as a product and should be racing for $5k so 70 rating horses can get rewarded for been better etc .

Shouldn't stakes be at least to some degree based on the turnover the different levels of horses generate?

31 minutes ago, mikenz said:

I stuffed up my comment was meant for gallop site but cant see how to delete.just ignore.

2 hours ago, Sickopunter said:

Shouldn't stakes be at least to some degree based on the turnover the different levels of horses generate?

You wonder though if clubs do any better racing a 7000 stake as they would running a 25000 dollar race with 6 horses and 5 from the same stable,not sure if there is any difference.