RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Midweek racing /Radio

@Aaron Bidlake

@nzhorseracing

Great idea .

How about reaching out to Keen sportsman Peter Williams and arrange a session on Racing one morning with him, preferably one we all know about so can call/ txt in to get our industry back on track?

He's probably the best bet, old school journo like Phil Leishman & same era leadership which needs to be brought back into society.

Leah Panapa at night also has had some good sessions of callers ringing in about picnics at the races & fond racing stories.

Whilst I'm not a regular listener of Marcus Lush have randomly heard good calls to his night time show about train trips to the races.

All generally positive about our industry & grass roots Kiwis.

Alas we need our own Racing station back owned by New Zealand not that computer games company in Yankee land.

Magic talk are doing live cricket commentaries this year,I don't have any problem with a lot of things being on websites but a free to air radio service is also a essential service that needs to be provided as well,sure you can listen on rova and watch through websites but not everyone is able to fart around with cell phones etc etc,cricket commentaries is part of our summer  on radio,maybe there is room for some racing on magic but it really needs to handled by a station like tracksidie

Just a side issue when radio sport shut up shop wernt the announcers all made redundant? It must have been that some have been reemployed on maybe part time or different contracts,I think that yalden guy who does the rugby was a bit terry eyed one morning when he said he was finishing then I think a few weeks later he was doing super rugby.

5 minutes ago, nzhorseracing said:

it seems like every app want's to know your first and last name and where you're located at all times, a massive privacy breach with very little security on how they protect that information.

I actually hate it when I get messages on my phone asking me what I thought about this place and this place we are being watched all the time.

Don't ever get me wrong technoligy is a great thing but at times I simply get sick of it,I never use my smartphone for internet when I leave home,I use it of the home router,add to that the charges just keep building up.a couple of batteries for a tranny that works fine is  not too costly tech firms phone firms etc must just love the new genoration

@nzhorseracing

@mikenz

look in your phone "settings" under Maps & under Location & switch them off.

Before you delete where Maps has tracked you see where it's followed you.

Maps on is notorious for Tracking pple.

If you really need to know where you want to drive to simply use a paper map & plan your outing!!

Switching Bluetooth off unless one needs it also helps with the reducing the draining of batteries.

Doesn't help either when Apps do updates.

Best to remove as many as you can that you don't use.

Ditto info you don't need on your devices as it pops into inboxes & unsubscribe from mailouts one really has no use for.

Let us know how you get on.

@puha

Bring back the Races everyday on Traditional Radio & mainstream Free To Air TV & give pple jobs & enjoyment in life.

Lotto & Scratchies carried on & were available since this "Civil Emergency" & Public Health matter was thrust into our lives so why wasn't Racing?

1 hour ago, meomy said:

@nzhorseracing

@mikenz

look in your phone "settings" under Maps & under Location & switch them off.

Before you delete where Maps has tracked you see where it's followed you.

Maps on is notorious for Tracking pple.

If you really need to know where you want to drive to simply use a paper map & plan your outing!!

Switching Bluetooth off unless one needs it also helps with the reducing the draining of batteries.

Doesn't help either when Apps do updates.

Best to remove as many as you can that you don't use.

Ditto info you don't need on your devices as it pops into inboxes & unsubscribe from mailouts one really has no use for.

Let us know how you get on.

I think some websites and I think the TAB is one needs to have location on or things dont always run right.i will turn location off and see what happens.

Never heard a race at all yesty,I'm sure there are many who are losing touch during the week while we are actually working,as I've explained technology is fine but it ain't always an option,internets not always reliable and neither are websites(tab) springs to mind,radio works fine,simple really.