RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
LightsOut

TAB just months away from collapse......

In my childhood, which was a long time ago, I was taught that if you look after your pennies, the pounds will look after themselves.

That is, get the little details correct, the big stuff will follow on in seamless manner.

So looked at the punters at Matamata betting on race three after the horses had left the birdcage.  And the highly paid dongbeaters from the TAB in Wellington had the screens showing the approximate dividends for race one.  Remind me how much those dingbats spent on information technology.  They would not know a caslick from a cannon bone.  They might think that a caslick is an orthodontal operation on a mug punter; well it is a matter of stitching up a cnut, isn't it.  To treat your customers as if they are contemptible individuals is very short sighted.  I use the word "contemptible" as my Google dictionary has two meanings for one four letter word; the first is a vulva, the second is a contemptible person.

2 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

In my childhood, which was a long time ago, I was taught that if you look after your pennies, the pounds will look after themselves.

That is, get the little details correct, the big stuff will follow on in seamless manner.

So looked at the punters at Matamata betting on race three after the horses had left the birdcage.  And the highly paid dongbeaters from the TAB in Wellington had the screens showing the approximate dividends for race one.  Remind me how much those dingbats spent on information technology.  They would not know a caslick from a cannon bone.  They might think that a caslick is an orthodontal operation on a mug punter; well it is a matter of stitching up a cnut, isn't it.  To treat your customers as if they are contemptible individuals is very short sighted.  I use the word "contemptible" as my Google dictionary has two meanings for one four letter word; the first is a vulva, the second is a contemptible person.

We saw that too TN. In fact they the R1 dividends on 2 screens and R7 on the other where we were standing.

But at Matamata the picture quality of the racing from San Francisco and Louisiana was brilliant.

I am going to let you people in on a little secret that sodomites from Jackson Street, Petone may not be aware of.  Punters who travel to race meetings such as Matamata could not give a tuppenny half penny stuff about Golden Gate and Evangeline Downs racing. They are interested in the betting at the course they are at.

27 minutes ago, Tauhei Notts said:

But at Matamata the picture quality of the racing from San Francisco and Louisiana was brilliant.

I am going to let you people in on a little secret that sodomites from Jackson Street, Petone may not be aware of.  Punters who travel to race meetings such as Matamata could not give a tuppenny half penny stuff about Golden Gate and Evangeline Downs racing. They are interested in the betting at the course they are at.

It does show incredible stupidity some of the American and Korean rubbish they show on a saturday. Although the Korean lady creates some interest.

Am I the only one  struggling to successfully punt on the oz synthetic tracks? 

Not just in racing but particularly councils and regulatory industries upper management salaries are ridiculous and wrong and redundancy payments also wrong. 

Our game has survived for generations with a lot of valuable and unpaid work from experienced and knowledgeable people who love the game. 

It has now been driven down a dark road by well paid, like 5 times what they are really worth IMHO, people who have made poor decisions ie the multi million dollar website etc, and the worst thing is they've taken along with them the poor buggers who love and rely on the industry to eat and get by. 

A blind man can see we need to get back to basics, cull the huge top salaries, maybe a tender system for the jobs and pay. 

Get the radio back, everyone spends a lot of time in cars etc, it was our best marketing tool. 

I was interested in the game but cannot believe with the money it generates, the people it supports, the enjoyment it gives, it is now almost dead 

Very sad but we must save it and common sense will do it, not grand ideas. 

Sorry for my rant but it pisses me off 

32 minutes ago, Womby said:

A blind man can see we need to get back to basics, cull the huge top salaries, maybe a tender system for the jobs and pay. 

Get the radio back, everyone spends a lot of time in cars etc, it was our best marketing tool. 

I was interested in the game but cannot believe with the money it generates, the people it supports, the enjoyment it gives, it is now almost dead 

Very sad but we must save it and common sense will do it, not grand ideas. 

Sorry for my rant but it pisses me off 

Well said Womby..... Agree with you on getting back to basics, cutting top level salaries and getting radio Trackside back.... 

2 hours ago, mikenz said:

Does it cost the tab much to run two tv channels as in they must be paying something for the overseas racing,they also have a 3rd channel that is on the website.

Unsure of $ but I believe it does cost a bit for the 2 channels yes. However some of the overseas product eg US racing is very low cost due to reciprocol agreements and footage coming from a standard live streaming website with a minimal subsciption cost. Thats why the powers that be like it so much I guess. Low cost high profit. 

There is an additional administration cost however as much of it is manually run. That also leaves more room for error, particularly with operators pushed to run more and more at the same time.

Can't see a justified place for it amongst Saturday domestic and Aussie racing. Despite evidence the turnover all but halts when domestic and Aussie racing starts they insist on trying to squeeze more and more in. There is certainly a top driven directive to get more and more of the overseas product in, qty over quality is the result unfortunately. That does to a certain extent feed back to the cost of the 2 channels-with the "ideal" being stated as a race every 4 mins. Problem is that leaves no room for time delays or issues, and I can tell you clubs are increasingly unimpressed by the lack of lead in time they get-it directly impacts their turnover.