RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jeepers

Vino Rosso.

I am considering sending a couple of mares to this stallion by Curlin. Spendthrift are big in the States and have a number of top stallions.Now of course it's owner B Wayne Hughes has set up in Australia and I am impressed with the caliber of stallions he is shuttling.

I read somewhere that Bounding(NZ) had a colt by Curlin sell for $4.1K US at Tattersalls near the end of last year.

Be interested in the thoughts on a few observations and as we know there are no set rules in breeding.

Dirt horse- Looking at the recent results of stallions who shuttled to Australia that were American dirt horses. The results are poor.

USA- The amount of drugs horses are given is a bit of a worry. Plenty of media about this.

Compare the Stakes-winners to runners in Australia to the Stakes-winners to runners in USA for a previous shuttle stallion. Seems like there are some interesting statistics there.

Example Medaglia D''Óro. SW to runners 12.3% in USA. In Australia 6.3%  .Street Sense SW to runners 9.5% USA, In Australia 4.2%.

For a similar service fee you could send you mare to Saxon Warrior. Beat Roaring Lion as a 2yo in the G1 Racing Trophy Post. Won the G1 Guineas. 2nd to Roaring Lion beaten a neck in the G1 Champion Stakes.By Deep Impact out of a mare by Galileo.

Nasrullah,sure Curlin has left mainly stakes winners on dirt but he has also left at least nine on turf and his sire Smart Strike has left both dirt and turf winners.Vino Rosso is out of a Street Cry mare and the third dam is by Lear Fran so hopefully there is enough turf blood there. Curlin did have one run on the turf running second in theG1 Breeders Cup.

On 7/30/2020 at 5:01 PM, Nasrullah said:

Be interested in the thoughts on a few observations and as we know there are no set rules in breeding.

Dirt horse- Looking at the recent results of stallions who shuttled to Australia that were American dirt horses. The results are poor.

USA- The amount of drugs horses are given is a bit of a worry. Plenty of media about this.

Compare the Stakes-winners to runners in Australia to the Stakes-winners to runners in USA for a previous shuttle stallion. Seems like there are some interesting statistics there.

Example Medaglia D''Óro. SW to runners 12.3% in USA. In Australia 6.3%  .Street Sense SW to runners 9.5% USA, In Australia 4.2%.

For a similar service fee you could send you mare to Saxon Warrior. Beat Roaring Lion as a 2yo in the G1 Racing Trophy Post. Won the G1 Guineas. 2nd to Roaring Lion beaten a neck in the G1 Champion Stakes.By Deep Impact out of a mare by Galileo.

Coolmore have plenty of War Front to try widen from Galileo , and Scat Daddy offspring although they must be coming to end of it soon. War Front had one run on turf Scat Daddy none  . Looking at War Front he has broadly similar results percentage wise dirt/ all weather  and  turf . Although a deeper  dig would be needed to separate the synthetic from dirt figures . I think there is a War Front standing in Canterbury somewhere .

Agree War Front sons a lesser risk!! He is after all by Danzig. Also helps that Scat Daddy, War Front were dirt sprinting types than middle distance horses.

My dirt fear examples- Animal Kingdom, Big Brown. I remember Berri explaining why Indi King who stood here in NZ was a big risk.