RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
myk

Benefit Fraud

A few months ago we had a lady with 8 kids under 12 move in near us.SHE told us she had come from a womans refuge and the house had been arranged for her by Cyfs,on the condition she take a trespass notice out against her partner,whom was the reason for her being in the refuge.Surprise,surprise,within a week she was joined by the partner who collects the dole,and SHE told us she gets just under $1400 a week DPB.She pays $200 a week rent which includes water in a 4 bdrm house.Last week this got too much for me as a taxpayer to accept any longer,as see she is pregnant again.So I rung Cyfs and spoke to the lady who is her case manager and expressed my concern of the partner living there and the income going into the house,and was told to keep my nose out of it and it had nothing to do with me.She said she didn't want to listen to gossip and I told her it was gospel,as it came from HER mouth.The call ended with me being told to consider the hardship this family have been through,and isn't it better to have a happy family together than worrying about someone getting a bit more benefit than their entitlement.No wonder this country is in the crap with this type of attitude.I intend calling Wgtn next week,surely this is not normal procedure when filing benefit fraud information and so many honest people are hurting?

A few months ago we had a lady with 8 kids under 12 move in near us.SHE told us she had come from a womans refuge and the house had been arranged for her by Cyfs,on the condition she take a trespass notice out against her partner,whom was the reason for her being in the refuge.Surprise,surprise,within a week she was joined by the partner who collects the dole,and SHE told us she gets just under $1400 a week DPB.She pays $200 a week rent which includes water in a 4 bdrm house.Last week this got too much for me as a taxpayer to accept any longer,as see she is pregnant again.So I rung Cyfs and spoke to the lady who is her case manager and expressed my concern of the partner living there and the income going into the house,and was told to keep my nose out of it and it had nothing to do with me.She said she didn't want to listen to gossip and I told her it was gospel,as it came from HER mouth.The call ended with me being told to consider the hardship this family have been through,and isn't it better to have a happy family together than worrying about someone getting a bit more benefit than their entitlement.No wonder this country is in the crap with this type of attitude.I intend calling Wgtn next week,surely this is not normal procedure when filing benefit fraud information and so many honest people are hurting?

I think phoning the Department of Social Development would have been more effective. They are interested in benefit fraud.

Good on you for taking a stand, at the end of the day these bludgers are stealing money from people who have to work for a living.

The trouble is that the penalties for benefit fraud are so pathetic-usually home detention and repayments from ........benefit payments.

It's laughable and no deterrent whatsoever.

Good on you for taking a stand, at the end of the day these bludgers are stealing money from people who have to work for a living.

The trouble is that the penalties for benefit fraud are so pathetic-usually home detention and repayments from ........benefit payments.

It's laughable and no deterrent whatsoever.

To resolve an issue, first one has to understand why there is an issue in the first place. I think. We live in a society which has been moulded for us. It is criminal to criticise those who have not created the problem in the first place and suffering because of it.

Those who do not work are no worse than the idol rich who get wealthier out of using others.

Most of us, sit in the middle somewhere.

I am not making a judgement against those who are claiming a legitimate benefit.

I am making a judgement against those who are rorting the benefit system.

Big difference.

So I am not sure why you are trying to defend these people.

the idol rich

I think you mean the idle rich, Centro, lol.

I doubt very much that there are folk out there with posters of, oh, Sir Bob Jones, for example, on their bedroom walls in the same fashion that, doubtless, huge numbers of tweenie lasses have Justin Bieber pics up...

I think you are wrong, too, with your saying that they - the idol/idle rich - 'get wealthier out of using others.'

Those folk also create the wealth - via taxes - that Governments use to pay the benefits that beneficiaries expected, nay, demand...

Like it or lump it, capitalism is here to stay...

The Labour party, the unionists, rail against the high salaries that 'rich pricks' earn but, hey, without those 'rich pricks' there'd be thousands less jobs in the economy and there'd be no spare cash to fund Labour's bright (not) idea of increasing lower incomes by $10 a week (which is what their 2011 pledge works out to) by super-taxing the idol/idle rich...

There are two issues here and two services to deal with them. One is child abuse (CYF) the other benefit fraud (WINZ). And you need to go higher than case managers.

Phoning a CYF case manager to report benefit fraud is like phoning an ambulance driver to put out a fire. You need to phone WINZ. They have an investigation team which pursues such cases. I'm sure they will be interested in a case of a couple claiming seperate benefits, while continuing to live together.

In regard to the child abuse, I would asume the mother went to the Womens Refuge to escape some form of physical violence at the hands of her partner. As CYF were involved the children would have been exposed to this violence and CYF would only allow the partner back in the house if he'd done some anger managment, etc. If you have genuine concerns, or better still examples of these 8 children being exposed to further violence then phone the CYF hotline (it'll be in the phn book under Min of Social Development). Make a new notification. That'll get you some action.

Finally, there is no law to stop a woman having as many babies as she wants. This woman could end up having 30 if she feels like it and her body allows it. No

Govt Dept can tell a woman to tie her tubes. It's a great little earner if you don't mind the nappies.

There are two issues here and two services to deal with them. One is child abuse (CYF) the other benefit fraud (WINZ). And you need to go higher than case managers.

Phoning a CYF case manager to report benefit fraud is like phoning an ambulance driver to put out a fire. You need to phone WINZ. They have an investigation team which pursues such cases. I'm sure they will be interested in a case of a couple claiming seperate benefits, while continuing to live together.

In regard to the child abuse, I would asume the mother went to the Womens Refuge to escape some form of physical violence at the hands of her partner. As CYF were involved the children would have been exposed to this violence and CYF would only allow the partner back in the house if he'd done some anger managment, etc. If you have genuine concerns, or better still examples of these 8 children being exposed to further violence then phone the CYF hotline (it'll be in the phn book under Min of Social Development). Make a new notification. That'll get you some action.

Finally, there is no law to stop a woman having as many babies as she wants. This woman could end up having 30 if she feels like it and her body allows it. No

Govt Dept can tell a woman to tie her tubes. It's a great little earner if you don't mind the nappies.

Rooboy,originally I contacted winz who said she wasn't on their books,contact Cyfs.This I did,but she wasn't in their region so told me they didn't know her.Last week I found out which region she was in,enquired and got put through to her case manager and thats when she told me not to worry.This morning I sent all details to Paula Bennetts office,so will see what eventuates.I'm not holding my breath for a positive outcome.

I know of a few that know of everything they think they are entitled to` which they are not` but get it`

Why are they not visited in their homes and see what's going on`

seems to me` the smarter you are by just lazing around thinking about how to do it` get well provided for - so keep on keeping on -

I know of a few that know of everything they think they are entitled to` which they are not` but get it`

Why are they not visited in their homes and see what's going on`

seems to me` the smarter you are by just lazing around thinking about how to do it` get well provided for - so keep on keeping on -

Winston so old now that they would almost have to wheel him in would'nt they?

Like most jobs senior management keep cutting down on staff to make "budget" so as a result many things go unchecked. It seems more important to senior management to appease the bean counters and make budget than to actually do what they should be doing and actually helping or investigating rorts or such like. Let's remember they prob get paid a bonus if they make budget !!

Surely Winnie wouldn't indulge in any behaviour that could damage the 3 piece suit, the teeth, or rumple the hair?

NO`

He has too much CLASS for that`

first off, cyf are the scum of the earth.. one should never ring these mungrels no matter what..

a person on the dpb, just having child after child should be stopped.

while some think that government dept can not stop them from having kids and/or having tubes tied they can stop benefits and this is what i feel should happen to many.it is hard to bring up 2 children in this day an age with out the idea of 8 children

they are so well off.. how many workers out there earn $1400 a week? all be it buying food,clothes,health and education for children is over the top.. i think a woman having children at that rate, with a parnter hanging around that is on a benefit then they need to be looked at by a full investigation

Forgot to add that truancy officer is over there mid morning most days,as kids not sent to school.Not much future for the little ones with idiot parents like that.

while some think that government dept can not stop them from having kids and/or having tubes tied they can stop benefits and this is what i feel should happen to many.it is hard to bring up 2 children in this day an age with out the idea of 8 children

What do you mean "while some think". Name me one piece of Govt legislation that states a maximum number of children a woman is allowed to have?

Forgot to add that truancy officer is over there mid morning most days,as kids not sent to school.Not much future for the little ones with idiot parents like that.

So now you can add truancy to the violent partner living back with the family.

Make a notification. I've looked up the number for you. 0508 326 459. Paula Bennetts office may well ask if you've made one, and if not, why not.

i may be wrong but i don't think so.

there was a time when a nz government said it would stop bdp for anyone that deliberately keep on getting pregant.. maybe it was school girls that played the field and got scrubbed up.. while reading post #1 to wife,she reminded me when she was in hospital having one of our children, my brothers wife was in having hers and there was a young girl about 16-17 having third child... oh no i'm not keeping it, i'm giving it away like the others...quote.the girl liked to party and give herself freely but didn't want the children that resulted..this goes on every year in nz and should be stopped.

if it is not legistration rooboy then it bloody well should be.

No there is no law telling a woman that she can't have as many babies as she wants. However there is a law stating that a woman on the DPB cannot have a partner living with her, (it used to be more than one night a week) and if that is the case then surely for one night a week you could make sure you use protection, so you don't fall pregnant!!!

Eight Children while on the benefit is extreme abuse of the system, a bloody overkill!

So Mr No Name , did you ever consider the damage you will do to her innocent Kids?

So when you make that call Mr Honest No Name - think about your pocket first- since your a very concerned tax payer..

And finally if you had any clue about why this country is in the ****, my advice is- DO your homework properly.

You can start on the Chris Wingate story. .

So Mr No Name , did you ever consider the damage you will do to her innocent Kids?

So when you make that call Mr Honest No Name - think about your pocket first- since your a very concerned tax payer..

And finally if you had any clue about why this country is in the ****, my advice is- DO your homework properly.

You can start on the Chris Wingate story. .

Are you her brother,or the partner ripping off the system?