RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

Twitter comments on Bowman

10 minutes ago, Dissident said:

The only relevant part might be the fact that it was his first ride back. Shouldn't lessen the punishment but could certainly contribute to making a very poor split second decision. I can't understand why there should be any consideration of the spring carnival or covid. Doesn't sit too well, him moaning about his potential lack of opportunities to earn $ in Spring when his own actions have stopped another jockey from earning any at all for a minimum of 6 months. 6 weeks is ridiculous, particularly when its stated it should be 3 months. And he still thinks he made the right call going for the "gap"?? So wait til next time he makes the same move again? 

Didn't someone over there get suspended for 2 months just yesterday for not riding a horse out? But a dead horse, seriously injured jockey and narrow escape from further carnage is a more acceptable outcome???!

Crazy. 

JAMES MCDONALD (NZ) 18 Months for betting and winning on his own horse ????
HUGH BOWMAN (AUS) 1.5 Months for killing horse and seriously injuring a Jockey to the costs of Thousands of $$$ to connections.

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

"It was my first race ride in five weeks and maybe that had a bearing on my timing not being that, quite as specific as it might usually be,” he (Bowman) said.

Sydney jockeys, take some advice from me.........don’t ride in the first race of his comeback in 6 weeks time!

I certainly wouldn’t be running one of my horses in the same race if I was based in Covid stricken Australia.

Gary Willetts on Manikato v Karaman owned by Sir M Nathan - Chairman of the VATC (Caulfield), shat in in the Blue Diamond G1. Protest! Karaman donkey licked, protest dismissed. Willetts disqualified for “ SIX MONTHS!! “ Wade Birch has a lot to be proud of. I’m sure he’ll sleep well at night - dreaming of young Adkins with 7 broken ribs, a dead horse etc...

2 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BULL SHIT SINCE THE UNDERARM INCIDENT>

YOUR GUILTY YOU F#%&ing PRICK.

Don’t blame Bowman Ivan. He was charged, found guilty and sentenced. If you have any anger direct at Wade Birch and co. Bowman doesn’t determine the sentence he gets. 

9 hours ago, Trump said:

Don’t blame Bowman Ivan. He was charged, found guilty and sentenced. If you have any anger direct at Wade Birch and co. Bowman doesn’t determine the sentence he gets. 

Think you could argue that he did Trumpy, based on these comments....that were completely irrelevant for mine.....

When giving his final submissions Bowman asked stewards to consider the upcoming spring carnival and current COVID-19 pandemic while also conceding he may have been ring rusty last Saturday, his first day back at the races for over a month.

"It was my first race ride in five weeks and maybe that had a bearing on my timing not being that, quite as specific as it might usually be,” he said.

“All the major horses for the spring carnival will be beginning their preparations so it’s a very important time of year.

"We have the circumstances of COVID. We are very fortunate that our industry has been continued but it continues with restrictions so travel to interstate, Melbourne carnival most likely will be unlikely this year.

"I think these are circumstances that should, and I would like to be considered when coming to the conclusion of penalty.”

4 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Think you could argue that he did Trumpy, based on these comments....that were completely irrelevant for mine.....

When giving his final submissions Bowman asked stewards to consider the upcoming spring carnival and current COVID-19 pandemic while also conceding he may have been ring rusty last Saturday, his first day back at the races for over a month.

"It was my first race ride in five weeks and maybe that had a bearing on my timing not being that, quite as specific as it might usually be,” he said.

“All the major horses for the spring carnival will be beginning their preparations so it’s a very important time of year.

"We have the circumstances of COVID. We are very fortunate that our industry has been continued but it continues with restrictions so travel to interstate, Melbourne carnival most likely will be unlikely this year.

"I think these are circumstances that should, and I would like to be considered when coming to the conclusion of penalty.”

Birch could have ignored those comments. He chose not to. You can hardly blame Bowman for the sentence he got. Once found guilty and considering the damage from such guilt, imho Bowman got off leniently. Birch should have given him longer.

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

Birch could have ignored those comments. He chose not to. You can hardly blame Bowman for the sentence he got. Once found guilty and considering the damage from such guilt, imho Bowman got off leniently. Birch should have given him longer.

Damn sure Van Gestel would have had a different view.....🙄

I wrote shortly after the race that if Bowman gets less than six months suspension the stewards will be guilty of bringing racing into disrepute.

He got six weeks and the stewards are guilty, as charged.

Ever since this happened I have been racking my brain trying to think of a similar occurrence.  I can't.  It was the worst I have seen.

On 7/31/2020 at 7:15 PM, ivanthegreat said:

THIS IS THE BIGGEST LOAD OF BULL SHIT SINCE THE UNDERARM INCIDENT>

YOUR GUILTY YOU F#%&ing PRICK.

Trevor was just playing within the rules at the time, the underarm delivery was LEGAL.

Mckechnie should have been suspended for throwing his bat, disgraceful and petulant act.

On 9/11/2020 at 7:51 PM, Trump said:

Well, as reported following his comeback from suspension, he’s said the following: “It has happened, I can’t change it. If I had my time again, I would do things differently“. Says it all huh? 

And said exactly the same thing after that brain explosion on Farnan.....🙄