RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

Twitter comments on Bowman

11 hours ago, Leggy said:

Try specsavers yourself, then have another look at the head on.

Deputy chief steward Wade Birch - who was overseeing the meeting with chief steward Marc Van Gestel on holidays - provided his observation of the incident to jockeys.

Birch noted that when approaching the 300m mark he felt initially there had been a run for 'a short distance' for Smart Image but that run closed when Schofield's mount Mr Colorful shifted out slightly.

"Hugh Bowman came on that horse's heels (Mr Colorful) and it took him wider on the track, shifting out quite abruptly on Andrew Adkins," Birch said.

Given the above Leggy  , should Schofield be put out for causing the whole incident??

Greg

2 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

Given the above Leggy  , should Schofield be put out for causing the whole incident??

Greg

I don't think anyone will be put out for "causing" "the incident" per se. Once the stewards have gathered and assessed the evidence, they will consider if and who should be warned or charged with a breach of the rules and which rules. If found guilty of a charge they then would be penalised. Again, I'm not a party to that evidence so don't have a firm opinion, but from what I can see Schofield could possibly cop a charge, as could Bowman and maybe Adkins and others.

1 hour ago, Leggy said:

I don't think anyone will be put out for "causing" "the incident" per se. Once the stewards have gathered and assessed the evidence, they will consider if and who should be warned or charged with a breach of the rules and which rules. If found guilty of a charge they then would be penalised. Again, I'm not a party to that evidence so don't have a firm opinion, but from what I can see Schofield could possibly cop a charge, as could Bowman and maybe Adkins and others.

Huh Adkins is the one who ended up on the deck how does he get charged.Only one person had a win at all cost mentality and his name don't start with an A.

3 hours ago, Leggy said:

Only time will tell if your analysis  is right or wrong.

Greg

1 hour ago, TurnipOrange said:

The Bump didnt actually cause the fall, I can see the horse in red colours moving in and taking Andrews Line as well, there is a lot going on

Yes. Was that Dolan on Duchess? That's the horse Andrew ended up clipping heels with after it shifted in?

On 7/28/2020 at 1:53 PM, Trump said:

I wonder if say, OPB (Or another visiting kiwi Jockey) was on Smart Image, what would be the reaction from Stipes, Scribes, Social Media? I’d say OP would have been hung from the Opera House on Sat night! :( 

Indeed. Or if the same scenario had happened to Hugh himself on Winx. 

Going ahead without Adkins present now....??  Starting to smell......🦨

Acting chief steward, Wade Birch told Racenet that the inquiry would resume at 9am on Thursday at the offices of Racing NSW.

“We’ve got sufficient evidence on which to proceed and bring the matter to a proper conclusion,” Birch said.

“We have spoken to Andrew and he doesn’t have any objection to the matter proceeding without him.”

Racenet will be in attendance at the inquiry and report on the hearing at its conclusion on Thursday.

So, they find him “ the major cause of the incident” where another horse is also to undergo surgery, then give him 6 weeks....?
You have to wonder what Van Gestel would have done.....Birch is a clown...and this is a joke.

When handing down the penalty, Birch told Bowman “a matter such as this would attract a penalty of three-months” before rubbing the jockey out until September 11.

Birch told the hearing Bowman’s “race riding record, the contribution of the horse (Mr Colourful) racing forward of you and the time of year” were all factors in stewards handing down their six week penalty.

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/hugh-bowman-found-guilty--gets-six-weeks-for-causing-hot-n--hazy-fall-20200730

Visit to injured jockeys beside a few days after huge smash saying he's not required at enquiry , 6 weeks sentence after copping an early  plea . Bit of a square up job it could look like  , but I am sure it's not the case at all. 

Since when has any of this been relevant....???

When giving his final submissions Bowman asked stewards to consider the upcoming spring carnival and current COVID-19 pandemic while also conceding he may have been ring rusty last Saturday, his first day back at the races for over a month.

"It was my first race ride in five weeks and maybe that had a bearing on my timing not being that, quite as specific as it might usually be,” he said.

“All the major horses for the spring carnival will be beginning their preparations so it’s a very important time of year.

"We have the circumstances of COVID. We are very fortunate that our industry has been continued but it continues with restrictions so travel to interstate, Melbourne carnival most likely will be unlikely this year.

"I think these are circumstances that should, and I would like to be considered when coming to the conclusion of penalty.”

Bowman was suspended for six weeks on Thursday morning.

2 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

When giving his final submissions Bowman asked stewards to consider the upcoming spring carnival and current COVID-19 pandemic while also conceding he may have been ring rusty last Saturday, his first day back at the races for over a month.

"It was my first race ride in five weeks and maybe that had a bearing on my timing not being that, quite as specific as it might usually be,” he said.

“All the major horses for the spring carnival will be beginning their preparations so it’s a very important time of year.

"We have the circumstances of COVID. We are very fortunate that our industry has been continued but it continues with restrictions so travel to interstate, Melbourne carnival most likely will be unlikely this year.

"I think these are circumstances that should, and I would like to be considered when coming to the conclusion of penalty.”

So could a player get off a spear tackle , few weeks out , covid , team in contention for finals .

Swap some roles , put a pom jock on horse carving up Winx for 4 the Cox Plate , the Pom jocks getting 6 week !!!!! , I doubt he would leave the Valley alive .

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

The only relevant part might be the fact that it was his first ride back. Shouldn't lessen the punishment but could certainly contribute to making a very poor split second decision. I can't understand why there should be any consideration of the spring carnival or covid. Doesn't sit too well, him moaning about his potential lack of opportunities to earn $ in Spring when his own actions have stopped another jockey from earning any at all for a minimum of 6 months. 6 weeks is ridiculous, particularly when its stated it should be 3 months. And he still thinks he made the right call going for the "gap"?? So wait til next time he makes the same move again? 

Didn't someone over there get suspended for 2 months just yesterday for not riding a horse out? But a dead horse, seriously injured jockey and narrow escape from further carnage is a more acceptable outcome???!

Crazy.