RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

Twitter comments on Bowman

2 minutes ago, Trump said:

First of all Baz, Bowman has to be charged with an offence. All the emotion of some on here and comparisons to totally different charges mean zero. Once he’s been charged then all that matters is guilty or not guilty and if the former - what penalty. Comparisons with A betting charge are ridiculous. Integrity and Safety issues are not connected.

1. It would be a disgrace if he wasn't charged.

2. It would be a bigger disgrace if he's found not guilty.

Trying to keep emotions in check!
But can't help putting myself in the shoes of connections to the fallen horse and rider!

45 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

1. It would be a disgrace if he wasn't charged.

2. It would be a bigger disgrace if he's found not guilty.

Trying to keep emotions in check!
But can't help putting myself in the shoes of connections to the fallen horse and rider!

Understand your emotion and concern Baz. I’ve been on the receiving end of G1 interference that according to our Jockey, “we were going to win by 2 lengths!”. Fortunately, our horse didn’t fall (almost did) but 6 months of planning and costs went west! The offending Jockey got a 9 week suspension and $2000 fine. Big deal. In this case involving Bowman, he first had to be charged (I think he will be) then he has to be found guilty of the charge (he “could” argue a case that only Jockeys understand) and be found guilty. So the important part will be “The Charge”. 

"he “could” argue a case that only Jockeys understand"

I don't see too many jockeys doing that. Most would pull back and take the loss on the chin - LIVE to fight another day. Unfortunately, due to his stupidy and recklessness, one horse and possibly a jockey, won't return to the track.

Bowman is a senior rider. He is meant to set an example. If the stewards don't throw the book at him, how many apprentices will think it's OK to bulldoze through a gap that was never there.

Can other jockeys trust that Bowman won't do this again? Will they see Bowman on their inside and create space in order to potentially save themselves and their horse from dying?

We all get that it's a split-second decision and these guys are facing death everytime they ride, but an example needs to be set here.

So which was it Hugh??????? if he thought he had every right to do what he did he has lost his marbles!!!!!!!FFS.

Bowman explained the incident from his point of view.

“I endeavoured to make a run to the outside of Glyn Schofield (on Mr Colorful) which I had every right to but in doing so I was going to have to move Andrew slightly but I felt that I was able to do so,” Bowman said.

“There was a shift by the horse in front of me (Mr Colorful) and I was committed to the move that I made.

“I felt at the time I made the call to go to the outside of Glyn I could do so without causing any interference to Andrew."

With Adkins unable to give evidence, the inquiry was adjourned until a later date.

Smart Image went on to win the race from the Brad Widdup-trained Shaik with John O'Shea's Bravado in third.

7 hours ago, NextPlease said:

"he “could” argue a case that only Jockeys understand"

I don't see too many jockeys doing that. Most would pull back and take the loss on the chin - LIVE to fight another day. Unfortunately, due to his stupidy and recklessness, one horse and possibly a jockey, won't return to the track.

Bowman is a senior rider. He is meant to set an example. If the stewards don't throw the book at him, how many apprentices will think it's OK to bulldoze through a gap that was never there.

Can other jockeys trust that Bowman won't do this again? Will they see Bowman on their inside and create space in order to potentially save themselves and their horse from dying?

We all get that it's a split-second decision and these guys are facing death everytime they ride, but an example needs to be set here.

Judging by your comments you haven’t heard many jockeys plead their case in a Stipes room. Lance O’Sullivan, Shane Dye, Roy Higgins, to name a few, were Masters of the Debate when arguing their case. Bowman is up there with the best and will put a convincing case up re the contribution of Schofield’s mount (moving out) making it look worse. 

22 minutes ago, Trump said:

Judging by your comments you haven’t heard many jockeys plead their case in a Stipes room. Lance O’Sullivan, Shane Dye, Roy Higgins, to name a few, were Masters of the Debate when arguing their case. Bowman is up there with the best and will put a convincing case up re the contribution of Schofield’s mount (moving out) making it look worse. 

Cant agree Trumpy..he just seemed to have a win at all cost mentality...with flagrant disregard for the rules OR his other fellow riders...I normally defend jockeys to the max but that was indefensible in MHO.

It's hard to say without the full stewards vision but from what I can see, I agree with Bowman. Between the time Bowman committed to the run and when his horse's shoulders were in what was left of the gap , Schofield allowed his mount to drift out, possibly at least a full horse's width into the gap while not sufficiently clear and with no corrective action. If Bowman had known that was going to happen or seen it happening, he surely would have taken the more efficient rails run.

2 minutes ago, Leggy said:

It's hard to say without the full stewards vision but from what I can see, I agree with Bowman. Between the time Bowman committed to the run and when his horse's shoulders were in what was left of the gap , Schofield allowed his mount to drift out, possibly at least a full horse's width into the gap while not sufficiently clear and with no corrective action. If Bowman had known that was going to happen or seen it happening, he surely would have taken the more efficient rails run.

specsavers is open 8,30am tomorow.video replay cant be any clearer.guilty as .big suspension and big fine looming for hughie hopefully.

33 minutes ago, Leggy said:

It's hard to say without the full stewards vision but from what I can see, I agree with Bowman.

Are you kidding Leggy--look closely and all the pictures indicate Adkins is actually into the gap FIRST before Bowman knocks the unfortunate victim out of the way.

I cannot work it out , I've watched it loads now . Right iam 100 kgs of rippling muscle so don't ride horses , but I've got eyes and seen plenty of horse races . There is zero , nil , nada gap for that horse to get through that I can see , I've been wrong more times than iam right though so maybe iam seeing what I want to see .

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Moot point Trumpy.

It's there for all to see these days and we all have eyes. 

Why try to cloud the obvious with such dribble? 

2 hours ago, Leggy said:

Go away and have a good look at your life. 

1 hour ago, Blueanytime said:

Moot point Trumpy.

It's there for all to see these days and we all have eyes. 

Why try to cloud the obvious with such dribble? 

Not sure where you’re coming from with your final comment re dribble. The “obvious” is what you see and different eyes see different things - that’s why ugly looks beautiful to some! It’s not dribble and if you think it is then you obviously have no idea of Stipes procedures. Until they have the meeting and evidence giving of all parties, nobody is guilty. Bowman will provide a very good defence and Wade Birch has already indicated that Schofield’s Mount contributed to the subsequent interference and fall. You may be blind or bias and Bowman may be found guilty of some charge but as yet, we don’t know what that charge will be - if any. So stop dribbling and let it all unfold. 

8 hours ago, swampfox said:

specsavers is open 8,30am tomorow.video replay cant be any clearer.guilty as .big suspension and big fine looming for hughie hopefully.

Try specsavers yourself, then have another look at the head on.

Deputy chief steward Wade Birch - who was overseeing the meeting with chief steward Marc Van Gestel on holidays - provided his observation of the incident to jockeys.

Birch noted that when approaching the 300m mark he felt initially there had been a run for 'a short distance' for Smart Image but that run closed when Schofield's mount Mr Colorful shifted out slightly.

"Hugh Bowman came on that horse's heels (Mr Colorful) and it took him wider on the track, shifting out quite abruptly on Andrew Adkins," Birch said.

6 hours ago, Leggy said:

Try specsavers yourself, then have another look at the head on.

Deputy chief steward Wade Birch - who was overseeing the meeting with chief steward Marc Van Gestel on holidays - provided his observation of the incident to jockeys.

Birch noted that when approaching the 300m mark he felt initially there had been a run for 'a short distance' for Smart Image but that run closed when Schofield's mount Mr Colorful shifted out slightly.

"Hugh Bowman came on that horse's heels (Mr Colorful) and it took him wider on the track, shifting out quite abruptly on Andrew Adkins," Birch said.

You can put any spin you like on it , head on, side on, rear vision. How about from above?  It was bloody reckless by Bowman and a young horse died and his jockey suffered serious injuries which could so nearly have been fatal.  If he doesn’t get a long suspension there is something seriously amiss in Australian racing.

15 hours ago, Leggy said:

Leggy sorry but that is BS he should have then checked and gone inside that horse not just use the crash bang wallop tactics he did ..he needs a long spell..he was totally in the wrong no matter how you look at it, and I agree if he does not get a long stretch then the stewards need a good flogging.

45 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

he should have then checked and gone inside that horse not just use the crash bang wallop tactics he did ..

That bit I agree with from what I can see. But I agree with Trump that we need to wait till all the evidence is presented.

Theres a lot going on, the leader has shifted out maybe one horse just as Bowman angles for the gap, Andrews horse looks to be hanging in which dosent help he may have moved in slightly. The Horse in Red that he clipped his heels looks to have moved in too slightly, In all honesty Bowman could see these 2 horses taking his gap, he should have checked out off it, His horse must have been traveling like a winner at the time so decided to force his run between 2 horses changing ground. But the head on will show the extent off all horses movement sideways

1 hour ago, TurnipOrange said:

Theres a lot going on, the leader has shifted out maybe one horse just as Bowman angles for the gap, Andrews horse looks to be hanging in which dosent help he may have moved in slightly. The Horse in Red that he clipped his heels looks to have moved in too slightly, In all honesty Bowman could see these 2 horses taking his gap, he should have checked out off it, His horse must have been traveling like a winner at the time so decided to force his run between 2 horses changing ground. But the head on will show the extent off all horses movement sideways

Nice summation Turnip. I agree.