RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Littletramp

Twitter comments on Bowman

20 hours ago, jeepers said:

I have watched the replays many times over.That was a blatant action by Hughie to bulldoze a path.It is not the first time I have seen him do this.Sadly Hugh you should be outed for no less than 12 months.If it were my horse that was destroyed I would sue him for it's value.A precedent needs to be established after all owners pay all the bills and loose 23% of winnings on stakes in all races.10% each,trainer and jockey and 3% jockeys welfare fund.

Replay where do you find that? Found it,not good.

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Jockey with Fractured tibia, fibia and clavicle......potential top horse euthanised.....whatever they give him, it wasn’t worth the cost.

X rays show 7 rib fractures and punctured lung as well...Surgery happening today. All the best Andrew.

Going by the comments attributed to Stipe Wade Birch, Bowman May be a chance for a minor charge - if any. The Glyn Schofield mount moved out just as Bowman went to go on its outside, thus contributing to the problem. He might even get off. Spilt second decisions on 500kg of fast moving horses - very easy to make judgment from the Stands. He’ll get something I would imagine - maybe not what many think.

I would say that Andrew Adkins is very lucky to still be alive, not so the poor horse. RIP Hot ‘n’ Hazy.  Bowman showed total disregard for his fellow jockeys and their mounts. Only good luck and good horsemanship stopped what could have been more fatalities. He should own what he has done and the Stewards should penalise him accordingly before someone actually does die.

1 hour ago, Archer said:

I see he kept the race and the owners and punters all got paid, wonder what they think ? 

They couldn’t take the race off the winner unless there was a protest by one of the placegetters. Was that the case? No.

48 minutes ago, Trump said:

They couldn’t take the race off the winner unless there was a protest by one of the placegetters. Was that the case? No.

Well he seemed to extinguish the chances of one runner. Forever 

3 hours ago, Trump said:

Going by the comments attributed to Stipe Wade Birch, Bowman May be a chance for a minor charge - if any. The Glyn Schofield mount moved out just as Bowman went to go on its outside, thus contributing to the problem. He might even get off. Spilt second decisions on 500kg of fast moving horses - very easy to make judgment from the Stands. He’ll get something I would imagine - maybe not what many think.

You are kidding Trumpy. Did you see what Rodd and Williams got for minor interference ?! Six months minimum for mine.

23 minutes ago, Trump said:

No protest. I’m picking he will get a downgraded charge. Doubt it will be “Dangerous” charge. 

Can you ever see a gap there for him to go through , shifting out or not shifting out from one in front , OK I haven't seen the head on but I just cannot see the gap from tv angle and I am trying real hard to see it but I cannot . Is it like the tardis looks small but huge inside .

Have just seen the race for the first time on TV3 (which will make great fodder for the animal welfare activists), and IMO probably the most glaring example of dangerous riding since the Auckland Cup "win" by O'Sullivan on Ligeiro. In real time, slo mo, whichever, it is a shocker.Cannot believe some on the forum who are looking for mitigating factors.

Bowman had two cracks at Adkins' mount. The first time Adkins held his rightful line, the second crack shows Bowman's mount, with near side reign tight, come out at a ridiculous angle, clearly urging his horse towards Hot N Hazys' front legs and the rest is history. One dead horse and a very seriously injured fellow jockey. Deliberate act and worth every part of 12 months, at least. 

2 hours ago, Red Rum said:

Can you ever see a gap there for him to go through , shifting out or not shifting out from one in front , OK I haven't seen the head on but I just cannot see the gap from tv angle and I am trying real hard to see it but I cannot . Is it like the tardis looks small but huge inside .

Bit blurry sorry, but this photo tells a story. 20200726_202623.jpg.3c698a573ee53630b452e387cf5194a7.jpg

Does he go out for a year or does he get fined $200,000? 
Either way it’s chicken feed to what’s he’s earned since Winx came along. It’s chicken feed on what the horse he caused to die, was worth, or what young Adkins might have earned in the next 12 months?
Furthermore what might be the ongoing costs be for young Andrew Adkins for the rest of his life? These questions all need to be taken into account when setting judgement on Bowman. 

exactly baz.

1 minute ago, Baz (NZ) said:

If James McDonald got 18 months for betting on his own horse and winning without hurting anyone....

Then Bowman should get 2-3 years for killing a horse and attempting to kill it's rider!

exactly baz and hotnhazys connections need compensating

2 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

You are kidding Trumpy. Did you see what Rodd and Williams got for minor interference ?! Six months minimum for mine.

Agree with you O Wise One, but I’m wary of the comments of Wade Birch, the Stipe. I haven’t given my own opinion of whether Bowman erred - I’ll leave that to the experts. 

10 minutes ago, Baz (NZ) said:

If James McDonald got 18 months for betting on his own horse and winning without hurting anyone....

Then Bowman should get 2-3 years for killing a horse and attempting to kill it's rider!

First of all Baz, Bowman has to be charged with an offence. All the emotion of some on here and comparisons to totally different charges mean zero. Once he’s been charged then all that matters is guilty or not guilty and if the former - what penalty. Comparisons with A betting charge are ridiculous. Integrity and Safety issues are not connected.