RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Looking for an investment ? Paeroa...?

Prime Development Opportunity - Paeroa Racecourse 

29 Thames Road, Paeroa, Hauraki, Waikato

Price by negotiation

Details 

•   332850m² Land 
Attribute  Value 
Property type  Section 
Agency reference #  B9XGUK 

Description 

Development and Land banking opportunities to purchase Paeroa Racecourse

Paeroa is known for its mineral springs, which used to provide the water used in a local soft drink L&P "Lemon & Paeroa".

This lovely rural town stands at the intersection of State Highway 2 and 26, only one to one and half hour's drive from Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga and close to the beautiful beaches of Whangamata, Tairua and Tauranga. It is a midway stop between Auckland, Tauranga and Rotorua. It is about half way between Auckland and Tauranga, and acts as the southern gateway to the Coromandel Peninsula, and as the western gateway to the Bay of Plenty.

The 33.2847 hectares Paeroa racecourse is the town landmark and is mainly flat in contour with good highway frontage. It has great potential for subdivision into smaller residential sections or could be a managed retirement village or even continue to operate as a racecourse or simply sitting there for land banking.

F9D034A9-95C7-4C37-A997-EC0F6886E8BA.png

37 minutes ago, nomates said:

Always enjoyed the day at the races at Paeroa .

Should we buy it nomates? 🤗

We can install a Strathyar Track...Modern Grandstand, Restaurant & Bars, Multi-Story Hotel, On-course Bookies, Kids Playground & Retail Stores. 🥰

Maybe we could even afford some Race-Books...Tote Operators & On-Course Presenters from Freeview TV? 😮

10 hours ago, Baz (NZ) said:

Should we buy it nomates? 🤗

We can install a Strathyar Track...Modern Grandstand, Restaurant & Bars, Multi-Story Hotel, On-course Bookies, Kids Playground & Retail Stores. 🥰

Maybe we could even afford some Race-Books...Tote Operators & On-Course Presenters from Freeview TV? 😮

Well if we can afford to do all that then FECK the rest of them , we'll only race or own horses their , set them up for the punt .

10 minutes ago, Blue said:

Ohokaman, where did this come from? Sections on Paeroa racecourse first went on the market five years ago. I presumed it was partially built out by now.

Advertised on Trade Me now.

Please phone for further information. Rick Bush 021 950 276 or Linda Wu 021 0275 7375

At the time Paeroa was originally sold I had in excess of 1.2k cash to spend on a property and was actively looking.I found out Paeroa could be for sale and asked my Agent to make an inquiry,reply was that it was sold.Found out for around $900000 and believed to be an in house deal with a lease back.I would have purchased  it at the time if given the chance also with a lengthy leaseback.Amazing what happens in house in this game.

One thing I remember about Paeroa was Regal Ruler and Legal Ruler were synonymous with Paeroa. Hunting with Maramarua toe point-to-point was held on Viv Young's property then the Hunt Races were held there just before the Ellerslie Great Northern meeting. Going back a-ways here.

Edited by Blue
spelling error.

Horse Racing in Paeroa Goes Back 131 years

1. The annual race meeting, 1924.
race_meeting_1924.jpg

2. The race course, 1927.
race_course_1927.jpg

3. A section of the large crowd attending the 1930 annual race meeting.
crowds_at_paeroa_races_1930.jpg

4. Past Presidents and Stewards of the Ohinemuri Jockey Club at the annual race two-day meeting in March, 1939. Back row: J. Ryall, M. Crimmins, J. Clarkin, F. Tierney, W. Morrison. Middle row: H. Dent, T. Considine, F. Flatt (president), J. Poland (secretary), T. Barrett, P. Vuglar, H. Bush. Front row: E. Fathers, P. Brenan (chairman), W. Towers, J. Brenan, P. Grace, W. Neil.
jockey_club_1939.jpg

5. The public stand under construction in the mid-1960s.
under_construction_1960s.jpg

6. Reconstruction of the race track, 1964. The old track is seen on left, the new circuit in the middle and part of the two-hill steeplechase track on the right.
race_track_reconstruction.jpg