RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Raceform

2 hours ago, Bestbetbazza said:

I was informed by local TAB yesterday it has been put back 1 week. If so a bit poor as they have long enough to have everything sorted. Not a good start.

Ryan is quoted as saying it requires the support of RITA and the TAB ..... may take longer than you expect for them to get anything sorted...

On 7/27/2020 at 10:58 AM, Bestbetbazza said:

I was informed by local TAB yesterday it has been put back 1 week. If so a bit poor as they have long enough to have everything sorted. Not a good start.

Are there TAB's still open and operating?
I wish we could find one close to home that is.

They are just like Banks, a law unto themselves, and closing all over the joint, despite regulations in place saying they are obliged to comply with them

4 hours ago, nomates said:

My TAB is in a pub , i'm waiting for the time i go in to have a bet and get told i have to buy a pint before i can have a bet .

It’s about to happen

New TAB going into Hornby Working Men’s  Club will be for members only.

want to bet.....  join the  club  to enter 

3 hours ago, Sobeit said:

They recently closed the New Plymouth TAB which had 9 pokie machines

I have just been in New Plymouth and was told by a fellow tenant in Richmond Place/Court where the TAB was, is that they (TAB) are committed for another 6 years, unless of course someone else steps in and takes up the lease!

16 hours ago, Insider said:

I have just been in New Plymouth and was told by a fellow tenant in Richmond Place/Court where the TAB was, is that they (TAB) are committed for another 6 years, unless of course someone else steps in and takes up the lease!

WIth AMI closing/already closed in the Richmond Centre complex as well, I can't imagine that there will be too many people looking to move businesses into what has traditionally been a hard -to-let complex since its inception.

I was told by someone in the know the lease on this premises is 'pricey' (higher than usual in that area) and that the original fit out (maybe 5 years ago) was gobsmackingly expensive. This store has suffered due to a lack of suitable parking (of more than 90 minutes duration) in the vicinity & the fact that there isn't a pub in the complex (only a liquor store).

The staff did their best to make it successful but obviously it didn't pay its way. The remaining branch in NP is small and uninviting so if their pokie turnover there (which looks to an outsider to be reasonable) ever falls my guess is it will be for the 'chop' too.

I guess that in 2 years there will be no retail outlets at all, just self service user machines at pubs and clubs. The time frame of 2 years is probably very generous

Life as we once knew it is s changing forever

Difficult to see racing surviving with the changes as folk will simply give it away like I am

2 hours ago, TurnyTom said:

I guess that in 2 years there will be no retail outlets at all, just self service user machines at pubs and clubs. The time frame of 2 years is probably very generous

Life as we once knew it is s changing forever

Difficult to see racing surviving with the changes as folk will simply give it away like I am

@TurnyTom That's because those who have run the Racing industry downhill appear on the surface to have Post Office/ Banking/ Finance backgrounds - and just like banks they are closing branches down here, there and everywhere only leaving a hole in the wall to use and customers having to venture further afield, or to use the increasingly unsafe internet for transactions -  privacy breaches, hacking fraud, etc tends to increase with online - there's bound to be an avenue of recourse somewhere along the food chain.

No one is unaccountable under law anywhere.

Pushing people to do everything online is madness, soulless and not what humanity is about.