RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
army

Handicapper

How does this work. We race in a rating 87 hanicap. We are a rating 68 but finish 13th so loose a point. Fair enough but the horse that finished 12th is a Rating 69 never lost a point. Then a horse rating 80th that finished 10 and Rating 84 finsihed 7th and neither of them lost a point even though the horses than finished 9th and 6th both lost a point. Really is there some favourites being introduced here

6 hours ago, army said:

How does this work. We race in a rating 87 hanicap. We are a rating 68 but finish 13th so loose a point. Fair enough but the horse that finished 12th is a Rating 69 never lost a point. Then a horse rating 80th that finished 10 and Rating 84 finsihed 7th and neither of them lost a point even though the horses than finished 9th and 6th both lost a point. Really is there some favourites being introduced here

Could be number reasons why horses drop or not , did the horses  that didn't drop a point run  over wrong trip maybe ? Maybe ridden against usual pattern that could have had effect on position .If Melbourne Cup winner runs first five races next prep down straight six at Flemington out the arse end I wouldn't expect the handicapper would cut him much slack in Cup weights on strength of those runs . 

38 minutes ago, uneasy said:

You aren’t? You obviously don’t know handicapping

Perhaps I don't but if all horses around them drop a point why didn't they. If you are an expert enlighten me please

42 minutes ago, uneasy said:

I will What horse

At Te Rapa Race 11

Inca Warrior rating 73 lost a point for 6th whereas The Good Flight ratng 84 got 7th never lost a point. Transformr Rating 69 got 12th never lost a point whereas we got 13th rating 68 and we lost a point.