tripple alliance

Dean Mckenzie departing .

Recommended Posts

An interesting read on NZ RACING (Love racing) .

The last bit doesn't actually inspire huge confidence, " MAINTAIN prize money"  I  guess we will have to wait and see , I was hoping for much better .

"" The Racing Industry Act will also secure a revenue stream from offshore betting agencies through its Betting Information Use Charges (Racefields).

“For most of this year, we’ve already had 80 percent of the Australian digital market on board, with these major operators entering into substantial voluntary agreements with us,” McKenzie said. “The Racing Industry has now enshrined that framework and their obligations into law.

“Discussions are well underway with those operators who haven’t been on board with voluntary agreements to date. We’ve made excellent progress in that space over the last 12 months, and that will continue to be advanced by the new TAB board.

“The revenue stream from this area will be a significant part of the industry’s ability to, at the very least, maintain prize-money around its current levels.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Patiti said:

References to partnering or outsourcing interesting.

Looks more likely than ever.

Will punters bet with the same enthusiasm if they perceive much of the profits as going overseas? And as time goes on, there's a risk an overseas corporate will try and impose increasing control. After all, they'll have a monopoly on virtually all NZ gambling with only profits as their concern. How long before they decide they cant afford NZ TV presenters? Or before increasing the takeout? Or encouraging us to start our cards at 10 am? These are questions that concern me with outsourcing. There surely isnt another country in the world that has its gambling sovereignty in the hands of a single overseas corporate? Just doesn't seem right. I think it will give extra fuel to those who disapprove of gambling. I don't know. That's what I think anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Stables said:

Any contract to outsource would have guaranteed distribution levels and would deal with the issues you have raised 

Tell me, what would be the value to an overseas corporate in running the gambling arm of NZ Racing and Sports if its not to take a profit from it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Peter Harrop said:

Tell me, what would be the value to an overseas corporate in running the gambling arm of NZ Racing and Sports if its not to take a profit from it? 

Off course they are in it for profit but they will promote  NZ racing internationally much better than the locals can , presumably  that will boost profits only time will tell but it's a worry that after all the changes  we get  " at the very least, maintain prize-money around its current levels.” hardly transformational of the industry .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tripple alliance said:

Off course they are in it for profit but they will promote  NZ racing internationally much better than the locals can , presumably  that will boost profits only time will tell but it's a worry that after all the changes  we get  " at the very least, maintain prize-money around its current levels.” hardly transformational of the industry .

How better can they promote NZ Racing internationally compared to what cant be done currrently by the NZ TAB? Specifically, what will enable them to promote NZ Racing better? Wouldn't the major part of the value for them be having a monopoly of just about all NZ gambling in their stable?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

An interesting read on NZ RACING (Love racing) .

The last bit doesn't actually inspire huge confidence, " MAINTAIN prize money"  I  guess we will have to wait and see , I was hoping for much better .

"" The Racing Industry Act will also secure a revenue stream from offshore betting agencies through its Betting Information Use Charges (Racefields).

“For most of this year, we’ve already had 80 percent of the Australian digital market on board, with these major operators entering into substantial voluntary agreements with us,” McKenzie said. “The Racing Industry has now enshrined that framework and their obligations into law.

“Discussions are well underway with those operators who haven’t been on board with voluntary agreements to date. We’ve made excellent progress in that space over the last 12 months, and that will continue to be advanced by the new TAB board.

“The revenue stream from this area will be a significant part of the industry’s ability to, at the very least, maintain prize-money around its current levels.”

 

Am i missing something , you headline DM departing but i can see no reference to it in your post?

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, tripple alliance said:

An interesting read on NZ RACING (Love racing) .

The last bit doesn't actually inspire huge confidence, " MAINTAIN prize money"  I  guess we will have to wait and see , I was hoping for much better .

"" The Racing Industry Act will also secure a revenue stream from offshore betting agencies through its Betting Information Use Charges (Racefields).

“For most of this year, we’ve already had 80 percent of the Australian digital market on board, with these major operators entering into substantial voluntary agreements with us,” McKenzie said. “The Racing Industry has now enshrined that framework and their obligations into law.

“Discussions are well underway with those operators who haven’t been on board with voluntary agreements to date. We’ve made excellent progress in that space over the last 12 months, and that will continue to be advanced by the new TAB board.

“The revenue stream from this area will be a significant part of the industry’s ability to, at the very least, maintain prize-money around its current levels.”

 

Maintain prize money well 2 weeks before new season and they haven't set prize money for the first 2 months of new season doesn't inspire much or in fact how much you can take from their play on words they dish out has become quite patronising 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crow, the reason for the delay is that the  new Tripartate board to replace Rita has not yet been established. This Board is to be made up by an appointment from each of the codes and will decide the percentage of the funding that each code will get. At the moment there is considerable debate about the split of the funding between the codes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stables said:

Crow, the reason for the delay is that the  new Tripartate board to replace Rita has not yet been established. This Board is to be made up by an appointment from each of the codes and will decide the percentage of the funding that each code will get. At the moment there is considerable debate about the split of the funding between the codes.

Time waits for no one so whats the bet that they come out of their closets and say due to the de-establishment of Rita ( and paying out more money to Dean as a performance bonus) and that we are unable to establish the new Racing Board we find that keeping the Open entry races at $15000 and 65 at $10000 and maiden $7000 will keep racing going until the Board has a chance to review.  Can see the split being a problem  with all this new money they think they have found as they say you haven't got it till it's in the bank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Crow said:

Time waits for no one so whats the bet that they come out of their closets and say due to the de-establishment of Rita ( and paying out more money to Dean as a performance bonus) and that we are unable to establish the new Racing Board we find that keeping the Open entry races at $15000 and 65 at $10000 and maiden $7000 will keep racing going until the Board has a chance to review.  Can see the split being a problem  with all this new money they think they have found as they say you haven't got it till it's in the bank.

Well might have to suck eggs here  but NZTR just put out stakes returning to pre covid levels so will wait and see how they structure this. No nom or Acceptance fees either and still paying back to 14th for starting and in this finally paying the owner who supplies the product.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think they can do it because they have got the whip hand. The percentage of the funding that Thoroughbred racing will get can be no less than what they have been on in previous years and could well be greater, however it is a different situation for Harness Racing and for the greyhounds

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They need to promote New Zealand racing within New Zealand and get there act into gear by ensuring we have a product as they have already fudged up the industry over the years taking Trackside off Free to Air mainstream Television, working in conjunction with other mainstream TV channels on major racedays, taking away Traditional Radio & newsprint publications.

 

WTF has become of this country & the world in general that so many aspects of our lives have been tipped upside down bc of corporate greed & junk quality electronic devices that have screwed up the harmonious society we had up until around 20 years ago?

 

Good on the countries that are making a stand against the likes of Huawei, let's hope some of those junky throw away society manufacturers get put into place and we have those jobs with IOS/ISO standards back in NZ as it's all enterwined  with society becoming dysfunctional - formally known as the Snowball effect. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do be mindful with products going off shore there's the consequences of risks to private data and Cross border country laws/ regulations that are to be considered & adhered to.

 

Do you know where one's private information may go to, or who will have "access" to it?

 

Will it have a Customer services call centre or support team?

If so will they speak ones lingo?

There's also the added disadvantages of having offshore management not knowing necessary geography when there are network issues.

There's many unknown risk factors to consider including annual IT network changes by the likes of Google that will have impacts to the plumbing/ roadwork's networks operations...and they to have a Snowball effect. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stables said:

Continue as what? His organisation doesn't exist any more and it was always the plan that his position expired at the end of RITA

No the plan was that:

The Directors’ terms will end on the enactment of the Racing Industry Bill or on 30 June 2021 - whichever comes first. 

https://www.rita.org.nz/extended-terms-rita-directors-announced

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stables said:

What happened to the new Board which is made up from an appointee from each of the codes and one other?

Thats a completely different board Stables, called NZ Racing. 1 from each code and 2 independents that the 3 codes agree on. If the codes cant agree then the Minister for Racing will decide.There chief goal is sort out who gets how much when the NZTAB make their  distributions.

 

Greg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stables said:

I realize that JJ but I understood that RITA would be dis-established once NZ Racing was established. The Racing Industry Bill has been enacted so why would RITA continue?

The Racing Industry Act comes into effect August 1, so I don't think RITA would be disestablished before then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.