RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

new racing manager for metro.

JJ on the whole I enjoy Mikes posts, but he does not seem to be able to have a conversation without getting angry and aggressive. If he just stuck to the topic his input is usually interesting and informative

1 hour ago, JJ Flash said:

You and a few others on here should just do what i did a month ago , use the block function so you dont have to read his posts.

Greg

I think you used the block function because you couldn’t answer questions, you were made to look a fool by Chief Stipe and others, , and your identity was revealed Gregory Paul

Being the coward you are you ran for cover

Mikir

1 hour ago, Mikie said:

So questioning your post makes one a know it all?

Pot calling kettle black you gutless wonder

Mikie

Just what is your problem ? Opinions are just like arseholes, everyone has got one. If we all had the same view it would be pretty bloody boring...

I’ll stand by my background experience  in a number of industries, and very happy with what we achieved at ATC, bringing a great club back from almost going out of business and transforming it into a viable entertainment venue, and like many others,  really disappointed that all the progress made back then has since been pissed up against the wall. No grudges Mikie, just would like to see people who talk a lot actually achieve something tangible....😉

2 hours ago, Stables said:

JJ on the whole I enjoy Mikes posts, but he does not seem to be able to have a conversation without getting angry and aggressive. If he just stuck to the topic his input is usually interesting and informative

As you say he is rather aggressive at times. Thats his prerogative but he seems to think everyone owes him an answer in terms of what they have done and who they are. He obviously has no idea who i am or what i have done in racing based on unsuccessful attempts to identify me.

Greg

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Just what is your problem ? Opinions are just like arseholes, everyone has got one. If we all had the same view it would be pretty bloody boring...

I’ll stand by my background experience  in a number of industries, and very happy with what we achieved at ATC, bringing a great club back from almost going out of business and transforming it into a viable entertainment venue, and like many others,  really disappointed that all the progress made back then has since been pissed up against the wall. No grudges Mikie, just would like to see people who talk a lot actually achieve something tangible....😉

You seem to talk a lot as well. I said it was a decade ago that you were going back in order to bag someone, but on checking it is closer to 20 years. Let it go

I posted what my problem was. You posted bagging someone based on your (alleged) inter-action with them 20 years ago

I note you refer to ATC as an "entertainment venue" because the racing has been propped up for many years by Pokies hasn't it?

I think what I achieved was far more tangible than anything you ever achieved in your life. 

However only a few of us can judge your achievements because you hide behind your keyboard don't you?

Mikie

5 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

As you say he is rather aggressive at times. Thats his prerogative but he seems to think everyone owes him an answer in terms of what they have done and who they are. He obviously has no idea who i am or what i have done in racing based on unsuccessful attempts to identify me.

Greg

Give it up Gregory

Everyone? I think you are the only one I've asked to list their achievements (plus I may have commented that I'm a bit sick of Ohokaman telling us how great he has been in his working life). That's because it's obvious you don't have any 

Aggressive? I don't think so

Can't stand gutless wonders like you? Yes

Mikie

17 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Give it up Gregory

Everyone? I think you are the only one I've asked to list their achievements (plus I may have commented that I'm a bit sick of Ohokaman telling us how great he has been in his working life). That's because it's obvious you don't have any 

Aggressive? I don't think so

Can't stand gutless wonders like you? Yes

Mikie

You would not have a clue mate. 20 years plus in senior Advertising roles NZ and Australia dealing with World’s major brands,  Director of Marketing and General Manager roles in FMCG and Tourism industries...rebranding, restructuring and running successful businesses....that’s apart from Racing.  Will that do Mikie....??
Don’t suffer fools and that upsets people at times. Chill out matey...

25 minutes ago, Mikie said:

You seem to talk a lot as well. I said it was a decade ago that you were going back in order to bag someone, but on checking it is closer to 20 years. Let it go

I posted what my problem was. You posted bagging someone based on your (alleged) inter-action with them 20 years ago

I note you refer to ATC as an "entertainment venue" because the racing has been propped up for many years by Pokies hasn't it?

I think what I achieved was far more tangible than anything you ever achieved in your life. 

However only a few of us can judge your achievements because you hide behind your keyboard don't you?

Mikie

The pokies were a part of the Sports Bar/TAB/ Restaurant that was launched back then. The revamped Restaurants, Sponsors and Members areas contributed to getting people back to the track. Running other events there and having it open 7 days a week made the place far more accessible than being a mausoleum from raceday to raceday.  Greg was starting out then as a Promotions man so I may have been harsh on him given his inexperience at the time..we helped them where we could while retaining our own club identities.  No doubt it’s different now.....

Mikie if you continue to play the man and not stay on topic then I will have no option but to moderate you...we have not had angst or personal attacks in here for sometime and I have tried to keep it that way...I see you are new in here so please stick to the forum rules by all means debate but please stop the personal stuff not needed and certainly not wanted here.Scooby.

2 hours ago, Mikie said:

I think you used the block function because you couldn’t answer questions, you were made to look a fool by Chief Stipe and others, , and your identity was revealed Gregory Paul

Being the coward you are you ran for cover

Mikir

Also if you try to out others on here you are OUT end of story..please follow my rules or go back to whatever forum you used to frequent.Thanks.

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Also if you try to out others on here you are OUT end of story..please follow my rules or go back to whatever forum you used to frequent.Thanks.

Where did I try to 'out'; JJ Flash?

Mikie

2 hours ago, scooby3051 said:

Mikie if you continue to play the man and not stay on topic then I will have no option but to moderate you...we have not had angst or personal attacks in here for sometime and I have tried to keep it that way...I see you are new in here so please stick to the forum rules by all means debate but please stop the personal stuff not needed and certainly not wanted here.Scooby.

So Ohokaman is different?

He can say "fuck off'?

Just cancel my login please Scooby

Thanks

Mikie

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

The pokies were a part of the Sports Bar/TAB/ Restaurant that was launched back then. The revamped Restaurants, Sponsors and Members areas contributed to getting people back to the track. Running other events there and having it open 7 days a week made the place far more accessible than being a mausoleum from raceday to raceday.  Greg was starting out then as a Promotions man so I may have been harsh on him given his inexperience at the time..we helped them where we could while retaining our own club identities.  No doubt it’s different now.....

Yes, and the Pokies contribute how much per year to balance the Racing Account? $1,000,000?

Mikie

31 minutes ago, Mikie said:

Yes, and the Pokies contribute how much per year to balance the Racing Account? $1,000,000?

Mikie

It was significant. Point is, if no one came to the course they weren’t much use were they ?? Income came from many sources including land leases.

On 7/15/2020 at 5:44 PM, Ohokaman said:

Fuck off Mikie whoever you are. You know nothing of the history, what we did or what they did or did not do.  Don’t pontificate on here.

Ohokaman..I only just saw this..it is also not cool..now both of you two stop the personal insults and move on..thanks a lot. I do not want to have to go any further ...cheers.

23 minutes ago, scooby3051 said:

Ohokaman..I only just saw this..it is also not cool..now both of you two stop the personal insults and move on..thanks a lot. I do not want to have to go any further ...cheers.

No worries here.

3 hours ago, Mikie said:

Mikie

At least Mikie.......surely you must know people prefer Lotto and the pokies to Harness or have you spent too much time focused on Bluegrass music....kaching kaching !

I doubt racing by itself could sustain many Clubs.......things like building rental ,parking , school balls ,conferences ,childcare,funerals ,book fairs ,food and Bev , race night dining have contributed to the Clubs finances for years.

Some may argue some of these activities have taken the eye off the harness .....there is also Rugby training facilities ,Circuses , Campervan conventions etc and soon there will be more Restaurant options ,retailers and even supermkt so if Harness survives at Alex Park the facility could well be future proofed and sustainable.

Down the road ,Ellerslie has similar businesses contributing greatly...plus a golf range and pitch and putt and Shakespeare theatre, Car yard etc.

Avondale has been saved by many things over the years but sports ground rental and Weekend markets gives it an excellent cash flow currently.

Addington seems to have several revenue streams that ensure sustainability.....with more race meetings they should be able to build on this !

For whatever reason many clubs in NZ have not been able to upgrade their facilities to a 'modern' level !But summer picnic meetings don't need this !

I know your club rents to local darts clubs , girls guides and the local fire service........but would it be good idea to give them 40 to 70 meetings a year ?[ sorry red rag].

Interesting that some Aussie groups visiting NZ for Interdoms in December were extremely complimentary about the ATC set up.....they wish they had it !!!

Like a lot of South Islanders you love poking the borax at ATC , since they faltered in their attempts to future proof the Sport in North .

I note you upset a few on here  recently........I know the feeling as I have been on sick leave since you called me an idiot and my posts 'inane'.So cutting !

Just remember .......the only normal people are those you haven't met yet !

And  of course........." Go the mighty Tasman Makos ".........fins up Mikie !